“very nice and newly renovated & they provided free wi-fi”

Motel 6 Raleigh Southwest - Cary
Ranked #64 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
New York City, New York
“very nice and newly renovated & they provided free wi-fi”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

this motel is very nice to stay. newly renovated and wi-fi free . every things close to motel

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank zarola

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2009

This was a really quiet and overall decent motel. Could use a little TLC in the maintenance dept , but the room was clean, just had some age. It was less than $45.00 for a night compared to others around Raleigh and Cary at aprox $100 or more. I would stay here again when stopping over in this area. It is a little hard to find as they seem to have a strict sign ordinance in that area. All the business signs are low to the ground and hard to spot util you are past them.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank highmiles61
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2008

It's hard to find if you're coming from I-40, exit 283 has 2 exits (A and B), no signage of the 6 whatsoever. Take A. then take the first exit, it's on the right, you can see it once you get onto I-440. That said, it's extremely easy to get back to I-40. clerk was friendly and fast, even quickly replaced my key after i locked myself out. i arrived late but was given no attitude. The room was very clean and in order. It was quiet and plenty of hot water in the morning. $45 with tax. Takes about 10 minutes to get to the airport from there making it a nice option. Also, received my wakeup call ontime, the clerk thoughtfully asked me about it.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank hopefulcitydude
smoky mountains
Reviewed March 2, 2008

PROS:

GREAT internet price

Very friendly staff

Clean

Very convenient to NCSU Centennial Campus

Safe area (I'm told by locals)

CONS:

You get what you pay for.
Older motel/ amenities limited- no plug @ bathroom counter sink area; no exhaust fan in bathroom; TV speaker sound didn't work (no replacement TV available); only enough towels for one & it took a while to get more, because they were washing them (this was early in the morning, too. Seemed like they should have washed towels over night. They probably should buy more towels, too.); no continental breakfast (but they did have very good coffee in the check in area).

If interstate noise bothers you, you will find this bothersome, as it is right next to I-40.

CONCLUSION: Probably won't stay here again unless I'm really strapped for funds.

• Liked — price & NCSU Centennial Campus
  • Disliked — poor amenities interstate noise
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank scavengersRus
Reviewed October 12, 2007

I stayed at this Motel 6 for two nights, and I was pleased. The room was very clean and comfortable. Those are my only two requirements for a room, I didn't have any issues with maintenance or noisy neighbors. I enjoyed the room, received the wake up calls I requested and wrote a Thank You to the housekeeper on the comment card.

I've only stayed at three Motel 6's, all have been clean, but this was the best as far as room aesthetics.

I got in late (9:30 pm, late to me at least) and the only disappointing thing I could remember was every restaurant in Cary seems to close at 10pm, even Pizza Hut. So we ate at the Waffle House which was pretty busy.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank A1B1C1D1
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 12, 2005

My husband and I had to book a hotel at the last minute, and he decided to book the Motel 6 since it was cheap and we were only going to be staying there one night. I know you get what you pay for, but considering that I paid the same rate for a much nicer hotel also in Raleigh the following night, I'm pretty disappointed in what we got. Although the front desk staff were not unfriendly, check-in took forever. We were tired, so this was a little irritating. There's an elevator you can take, and we took it since we were on the 3rd floor. I don't know what was in the elevator, but I couldn't stop coughing while I was in it. And it smelled foul. Then there was the room. It was so dirty, that I didn't take off my socks except to shower. The lamps in the room didn't work. The bathroom had hair all over it. At least the sheets on the bed appeared to have been washed. We arrived at midnight, but it was so noisy with traffic and people talking loudly outside our room. When we showered in the morning, we felt like we were surfing due to a bathmat in the tub that floated while we were standing on it. We would definitely not stay here again. Next time we will make sure we book a hotel ahead of time and stay at a better place for the same rate!

• Stayed March 2005
3 Thank VA_Girl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raleigh
Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Cary
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Raleigh
Best Western Plus Cary Inn - NC State
Wingate by Wyndham State Arena Raleigh/Cary
Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Cary

Been to Motel 6 Raleigh Southwest - Cary? Share your experiences!