Coquette Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Coquette Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,490 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Six Forks
Transit: The local bus system has a stop less than 100 yards away from our door.
Description: Welcome to Coquette- a true French brasserie located in Raleigh's North Hills. Coquette, continuously open through the day and well into the night, pleases from the moment you enter. Chef Beth Littlejohn prepares top notch food with French flair and serves it in hip surroundings to a clientele ready to settle in for fun with friends. Coquette features an exclusively French wine list, the best of beers, and classic French cocktails. Traditional brasserie meals are accompanied by crusty, fresh house made breads and memorable desserts. Coquette is North Hills' only French restaurant located on the Circle. This French Raleigh restaurant offers lunch, dinner, brunch, and private event dining daily in a spectacular French setting. Bon appetit!
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Business lunch for 4: ordered beef bourguignon (full plate but only noodles and beef, no veggies), pan seared salmon with quinoa (seemed like a very small portion), hamburger with gruyere (super large with huge order of fries incl.) and croque monsier (essentially a ham and cheese sandwich but this was a ham sandwich with tons of a cheese sauce drowning it entirely. Not appealing to look at, although it tasted good. The salad on the side was excellent though.) Service was slow/almost inattentive and several different people brought food, refilled water glasses, etc. Maybe they were understaffed, although it was not full even at prime lunch time? Splurged on dessert with peach melba, creme brulee, peanut butter bombe and citron tart - all excellent from their on site pastry chef.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were extremely pleased with our meal at this restaurant. It is fairly priced and our meals were excellent. I had salmon that was the best I have had in any restaurant. The steak tartare that we had as an appetizer was also great. Service was efficient and the waiter had a good knowledge of the menu. The atmosphere is true french bistro and reminded us of some Paris bistros we had eaten at on a recent trip. This will be on our must list when we return to the area.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is the 6th time we've eaten at CB in the last year. Each time has been simply perfect. From the very professional and knowledgeable wait staff, to the kitchen and chef Littlejohn, CB has their act together! This time I had an absolutely perfect Coq Au Vin - chicken breast and thigh that literally fell off the bone, a wonderful combination of (real) lardon and pearl onions and mushrooms, covering the smoothest pomme purée ever! Everything was nicely sitting in a chicken jus that was completely flavorful, without the saltiness that sometimes overwhelms this dish. I've had CAV in many restaurants, including France, and this is the best! The waitress recommended a fantastic white burgundy, which complemented our meals. Fantastique!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I just made a return visit to Coquette for lunch after an absence of several months. I was pleased to find that the ambiance, the service, and the food were all still excellent. I arrived ahead of my two friends but as soon as I was seated, a waiter appeared to ask if I would like something to drink. When the friends arrived, he appeared just as quickly and, along with their drinks, he brought a basket of marvelous assorted breads. I ordered mussels which were as good as I have had anywhere. (My only question is why do they serve French fries with them.) Both friends had the quiche and raved about the portion size and the salad which was the accompaniment on the plate. The tables are spaced far enough apart that you do not feel crowded. I can't say the same for the banquette seating when you are so close you feel a part of your neighbor's conversation so just ask to be seated at a table. I will continue to return as often as I am in the area.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have been here several times and always find it to be excellent for lunch. The staff is always welcoming and friendly. Will continue to visit as my friends and I enjoy this restaurant.