“Authentic, but we did not like it there”
Review of Coquette Brasserie

Coquette Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Coquette Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Six Forks
Transit: The local bus system has a stop less than 100 yards away from our door.
Description: Welcome to Coquette- a true French brasserie located in Raleigh's North Hills. Coquette, continuously open through the day and well into the night, pleases from the moment you enter. Chef Beth Littlejohn prepares top notch food with French flair and serves it in hip surroundings to a clientele ready to settle in for fun with friends. Coquette features an exclusively French wine list, the best of beers, and classic French cocktails. Traditional brasserie meals are accompanied by crusty, fresh house made breads and memorable desserts. Coquette is North Hills' only French restaurant located on the Circle. This French Raleigh restaurant offers lunch, dinner, brunch, and private event dining daily in a spectacular French setting. Bon appetit!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The atmosphere is very authentic, very french, the waiter was speaking with a heavy french accent that even emphasized the french authenticity, but when we go the dishes ... no one out of 6 of us could say that he/she liked the food. Maybe we are not used to french cuisine, but it did not help to raise our level of satisfaction.

There are newer reviews for Coquette Brasserie

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants in Raleigh; we've had lunch and dinner here a few times. It serves classic French bistro/brasserie fare. Ambience is pure French brasserie, casual but polished and elegant.

Food is delicious. I've never had anything that was disappointing. The frisee salad at lunch is fabulous, very simple and so good. Onion soup is delicious, as expected. Scallops at dinner were divine, as were profiteroles for dessert. Service is very good, very attentive but not rushed.

Also, after a recent visit, I contacted the restaurant with a (very minor) seating issue. Restaurant management replied to me immediately with a very thorough and detailed response, offering that I could contact them personally the next time I made reservations--just very cordial and professional. I think this restaurant knows what they are doing. Coquette appears to be very polished and well-run.

But, more than anything the food is really good. The menu is full of good things to try.

Also, the address is 4351 Lassiter at North Hills (not North Mills, as indicated on TripAdvisor).

Only downside is that parking in this shopping center can be difficult at times. It's worth it just to arrive a bit early.

Would recommend.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

4.5 of 5 stars (excellent, fine dining).

(see explanation of ratings below)

Technically, yes---- it's fine dining. But, it's not on-par with Heron's or St. Jacques in Raleigh, and it's more like a bistro, so I've gotta deduct a half star.

Allow 1:20 (no dessert).

$40 per person (one glass of wine, no dessert, gratuity not included).

What to wear: black (or a beret)--- you're in France!

One of our very fave places since the day they opened.

Order the mussels-- you'll get at least four dozen!

Love their oysters, too.

One service slip-up last visit: waiter brought me the wrong dish.

About my ratings:

Only fine dining establishments can garner five stars. Until TripAdvisor realizes that a fast food joint cannot possibly be ranked equally with a $100 per person place, I need to draw the line somewhere. If we were only talking about the quality and presentation of the food, it would be a different story. But, as we know, TripAdvisor's rankings take into account the entire dining experience.

Therefore, I divide restaurants into three categories (and I wish TripAdvisor would do the same):

1) fast food and "fast-casual" (no table service )

2) casual and "polished casual" dining (table service)

3) fine dining (linen napkins, no plastic cups, no TV's in dining room, typically more expensive than casual dining)

Fine dining can earn a max of five stars. Casual dining can earn a max of four stars. Fast food can earn a max of three stars.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Coquette is always good. Especially the food. Some wait staff are excellent some are very good. They are educated about what is safe for me to eat because I have Celiac Disease and have to eat gluten free. The atmosphere has a european feel. In the warmer months it is wonderful when the doors are open.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The only downside to this restaurant was the lack of parking and the narrow parking spaces. I have tried to eat here for lunch and dinner but could not find a parking space...I finally got lucky! The seafood crepe ($12) was delightful beyond compare! I paired it with the soup du jour which was a butternut squash bisque ($6) for a warm and satisfying lunch on a cold winter day. The service was excellant and very friendly. I will definately return even if I have to stalk the parking lot for a parking space.