“New, hopefully improving, but not there yet”

Oak & Dagger Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Oak & Dagger Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #428 of 1,546 Restaurants in Raleigh
Reviewed January 18, 2017

We stopped by on a Wednesday night in early December around 9pm 5 or 6 of us. Not many people there. We ordered dinner and beers. Beer was good. Decent variety. Waitstaff wasn't all that attentive, but they are a new place. Our food service was poor at best. It took a very long time to get food. One person at our table, waited at least 10 minutes for his after we got ours. He didn't think his meal was as what it sounded like in the menu, but when he said something to someone who seemed in charge, that person wasn't at all receptive and changed the subject. I didn't want to go back, but a month later, after the same meeting, we gave it another try, still on a Wednesday. The food service was better. We didn't have to wait overly long and everyone's order came at about the same time.
Both times, the food was good, but not great. I had fish & chips the 2nd time. Small portion of fish. The potatoes side was very good. The 1st time I had the burger deal that they must have every Wed. The burger was good. Very nice buns on the burgers.
The beer selection was almost completely different from one visit to the next. I like variety, but some consistency would be nice too. Maybe another of those, it's a new place anomalies.
The cheese curds are great. People liked the fried green tomatoes too. Overall, appetizers were good or better.
I like the layout of this place, looks fun in nice weather with the outdoor seating. I might go back, but it isn't my first choice. My ratings are an average of both visits.

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

Had brunch here this past Sunday and it was excellent. The choices were excellent, well presented and prepared. The waiter was excellent and helped with some great beer suggestions. Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 17, 2016

We celebrated a friend's birthday recently and had a great time. The place was busy and without a reservation took about 45 minutes to be seated. No problem though, because there was room at the bar and the servers were more than happy to discuss the history and focus of the brewery. The place is fairly new and they invested a huge amount of money in the restaurant and the brewery operations. The tanks look so clean and shiny that we asked if they were even used or just for show. Of course they laughed at us and said they were real, just keep in pristine condition. Dinner was great, but the service was slow. It was good, but the serving staff were overworked due to the volume of diners. I ordered wings and they came out significantly later than the rest of the meals for our group. While they were tasty, they were undercooked and seemed rushed. Not sure I would have the wings again, but I'd try some of the other menu choices. Great beers, good food and fun times. Parking is a bit tight since the lot is small but we got a spot after circling a few times. Worth a try!

Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

Our family met at the Oak and Dagger for dinner and a birthday celebration! It was outstanding! Our server Jonathan was one of the best servers we have had anywhere. He helped us with our beer choices and also the meal. We had burgers that were awesome, the Mahi tacos were fantastic and the kids meals were huge. We also tried the BLT which was wonderful. The manager stopped by as well as other servers just to see if we needed anything.
I would highly recommend this brewery and restaurant to all.

Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

Went here on a Triangle Food Tour as the lost stop in a five restaurant trip.

I can't say enough positive things about this establishment or its wait staff. The food is phenomenal, the beer is unique and crafted in house to complement the American style menu. The interior is huge and each table has enough room to both move around and hold a normal conversation without competing with the table next to them for space or volume.