“Class and Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center
Ranked #17 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Sometimes when people go above and beyond it deserves recognition. Recently I was staying at this HGI again and had a problem with my room. it was the type of problem that could have been serious. Unfortunately I know the hotel was completely filled and options we're scarce. I notified the manager on duty that evening and came right up to the room to check it out. He was a little stumped so he called his engineer right away and they did some things and that seemed to take care of it. But the next morning it reappeared. it was a little annoying for me but I do understand things happen that are not always controllable and I'm tolerant. Had the mgr the night before not been so attentive to the situation I think I would have been less tolerant, but he was very sincerely trying to correct the problem and I could tell how genuinely he cared.
In the morning when I stopped at the desk the day mgr was aware of the problem but thought it was something different, when I explained what it was and what the night mgr did he suddenly became much more interested and assured me that it would be handled to whatever extent it needed to be by the time I returned that evening. I'm happy to say that the rest of my stay was perfect. They handled everything, apologized to me more than I needed to hear, but again it told me they were genuinely sorry for the problem.
A few weeks later I received a really nice explanation letter and apology in the mail at home. I had forgotten about the whole thing until that time, but now when I see any HGI I think of what tremendous customer service was shown by this HGI.
Customer service is one of those things that when done correctly is a wonderful thing. This HGI exudes customer service and does it "genuinely". it's not just a show they put on from 8 to 5. it's real and its much appreciated.

it goes to say, "Class is service, and service shows class". The people at this HGI have it.

Please, when you are in the Raleigh area, make your first choice the HGI Raleigh Triangle Town Center. You deserve the Class of service they put out, and you'll appreciate how well they do it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear ClemWalker,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience during your stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your recognition of our staff's hard work to rectify the issues you faced. Our staff always aims to provide a great experience and I'm glad to hear that everything was handled to your satisfaction. Customer service is indeed our priority for all guests.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay,

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
Daly Seven, Inc

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Really nice new hotel with very friendly staff. Stayed in a junior suite and it was great having the living room area with extra flat screen tv. Close to Triangle town center shopping and lots of restaurants but tucked away off the highway.business center was great...fax machine worked and everything was easy to find and easy to use. Lobby fireplace areas were great for hanging out. Everything was really clean and safe. The bed was adjustable but not my favorite...either too soft and given or board like...no happy medium. I will be staying here again in spite of that due to the friendly staff, cleanliness, and location. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was a little nervous when I read a bad review about this hotel on Google however, I turned to Trip Advisor and read all of the glowing reports so I decided to chance it. I am glad I did. I loved this place! It is a little far from where I am working so I will stay here again only if something closer is not available however, here is my take on this hotel:

I was on the first floor which I found to be very convenient. I parked the car right outside the window and was in and out quickly. The room was clean, the TV flat, the mattress was adjustable although I did not try to adjust it because it was set on a firm setting which is my preference. The room service was fast and very affordable (and good). The amenities are beyond what I would have expected for a discount hotel. There are cookies awaiting at the front desk. The breakfast looked great (buffet) although I never had enough time for anything other than cereal that I took to go. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. In fact, when the server saw that I needed to grab my breakfast and go, he offered a bowl for my cereal, a to go cup for my coffee and utensils.

Hilton is my chain of choice but I had never tried a Hilton Garden Inn. It is a less expensive DoubleTree (which I like best of the brands) so it is great for budget conscious travelers whether traveling on business or for pleasure. This particular Hilton Garden Inn has made me a Hilton Garden Inn convert.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

As always, HGI properties provide a great relaxing room and bed. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. Within walking distance of some pretty good restaurants and shopping mall and other retail stores

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Wvuman
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for the weekend...good location, easy access in and out. It was very clean and new and the staff were incredibly helpful! This is a first stay for a Hilton Garden Inn for me...would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is nicely positioned near retail and business. The staff is friendly and helpful and the grounds are clean. Great hotel! Rooms are clean and well appointed and the value is similar to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were having our floors refinished so spent the night at the HGI at TTC. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel and was considering using it to host out-of-town guests for a family function until we got on the beds. The lobby was nice and friendly. They have services like a bar and food in the evening, hot breakfast in the morning (not complimentary, but not horribly expensive either) and the room is pleasant. The beds are HORRIBLE though. They have one of these fancy mattress brands where one can supposedly adjust the firmness of the mattress. Neither my husband, daughter nor I could get it to work properly. My husband slept in a sinkhole and I slept on a slab. None of us got a great night sleep, and I do blame the beds. I wish hotels would stop buying this type of mattress and would just go back to plain ol' boxsprings.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbiewanders
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh Triangle Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Debbiewanders,

I would like to apologize for the issue you encountered with the beds while staying at our hotel. Many of our customers enjoy the ability to control the firmness of their mattresses, so I am sorry to hear that you had problems with their adjustment. I have discussed your review with the general manager and we will work to avoid such problems in the future.

However, I am glad to hear that you have great things to say about the lobby, restaurant, and guest rooms. We strive to provide the best service for our guests and take all feedback very seriously.

I apologize again for the bed adjustment problem.

David Amick