“Very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Raleigh Marriott City Center

Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I just stayed 5 nights here to attend a convention at Raleigh Convention Center. The hotel is actually connected to the Convention Center so if you don't like the sun or the rain, you don't need to leave the building to go the convention center. Friendly staff, clean room, very nice bar. One the of closet door knob was broken but it didn't really bother me so I did not report. I am sure they would fix it immediately if I reported. Nice location and downtown Raleigh is very clean also. I have a co-worker who stayed in another hotel nearby and visited this hotel and my room. He switched to this hotel right away.

Room Tip: If you need to stay in downtown Raleigh, this is probably the best one
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your great review of the Raleigh Marriott City Center. We appreciate you taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We value both your feedback and your business.

Best Regards,

Raleigh Marriott City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Lindstrom, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Overall, excellent hotel and easy to stay at for an extended period.

Had trouble getting one bedside lamp fixed and fix ended up being some electrical tape around the socket. Not a very satisfactory fix from an electrical safety perspective.

I would have preferred a replacement socket for safety reasons.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your contribution to Trip Advisor. I have shared your concerns with our Director of Engineering. I have asked him to look at the use of electrical tape when conducting minor repairs on light sockets.

Again, thank you for your contribution. We appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was our second stay at this Marriott location within a year. Good experience during the first stay, even better this time around!

Husband and I stayed here last weekend for a party event and we had a great experience. (This, after a not so great Marriott experience in another state, has helped to restore our faith in them). We enjoyed the staff, service and our room.

As we waited for assistance upon check-in, the line of waiting customers was a bit disorganized and another customer walked up past us, as to line-jump. We remained silent. With all of the hustle and bustle of the 5 staff behind the counter, we didn't know how things would go. The next available rep extended her hands directly to us to walk up for service. I appreciated her acknowledgement and being aware of what was going on in her surroundings even though it was busy.

We were on the concierge floor had a lovely, clean room with two extremely comfortable beds. We also enjoyed complimentary access to snacks and beverages along with a full hot breakfast the next morning, including eggs, bacon, grits, fruit and yogurt. There was no in-room microwave or refrigerator, however, an ice machine was nearby for items we needed to keep cold. A nice-to-have amenity but not a deal breaker for us without the kids. They had tubes of hand-soap instead of a bar which made hand-washing a bit awkward, I like the bars better though.

There was an additional charge for Wi-Fi which is a consideration if you need it for business.

If you are attending an event at the connected Raleigh Convention Center and need to book a hotel, this would be your best choice. It was convenient to visit our room during the event without ever having to go outside.

Valet along with garage self-parking is available. After arriving I realized I left something behind and needed to leave. Parking was free for first 15 minutes, and of course by then, I was at the 17 minute mark....it was annoying that I had to pay, but it was what it was...first thirty minutes free would be nice.

I definitely recommend this Marriott location and we'll look forward to our next stay here.

Room Tip: Opt for the concierge level floor, very nice!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank LPShareTube
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for your review. All guests considering the Raleigh Marriott City Center need to be aware that parking is owned by the City of Raleigh. Guest self parking is a transaction between the City and the vehicle owner. The hotel cannot control City rates or policies. The Marriott does lease spots from the City for the valet parking amenity. But again, the hotel does not control the parking deck policies.

The Marriott does provide free WIFI in the lobby area of the hotel. Meeting and Guest Room WIFI that does have greater bandwidth has an associated fee.

The reason I mention this is that we want all of our guests to be well informed before you make your arrangements. This way there will be no negative surprises.

Thanks again for your review.

Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a very nice hotel in a good, walkable location. Well kept and clean. Friendly staff. There is free wifi in the lobby, but in this day and age it really should be available in the guest rooms, too. Even the budget chains are providing it now.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review. Please see the above response relative to WIFI that is free to guests!

Regards,

Manahawkin, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

We came into town for a concert for my daughter. We stayed extra time because we enjoyed the hotel and city so much. This hotel had by far the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. We were on the concierge floor and it was well worth the extra money for the amenities offered.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thanks for your review. We are two blocks from the Red Hat Amphitheater, less than ten miles to PNC Arena, Koko Booth and Walnut Creek.

Raleigh is rapidly becoming a hot spot for music. Come check us out!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights had a good stay no problems at all,Everyone was nice and wanted to help or if I needed anything I will stay here again. Next year for our convention and have stayed here for the past 5 years,I would invite everyone to stay here at the marriott in Raleigh NC.....'

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for joining us again this year! We will be here to serve you for next year's Fireman's Convention! This past year was my fourth year hosting you. We are proud to take part!

Ashland, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Wife and I did an overnight to Raleigh. Check in VERY efficient, clean comfortable room, easy walk to Poole's Diner, valets were on the ball with the vehicle when asked. Staff was friendly and thanked us for coming including maids....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your posting! We take great pride in our service delivery and efficiency. The team at our hotel is the best in Raleigh. I bet my reputation on it. Every day!