“Platinum Member knows a good Marriott- this is one!”

Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were there during a huge weekend- inaugural Rock and Roll Raleigh Marathon and Half Marathon. The location was ideal- at the start finish line! The race expo was at the convention center wich is connected to the hotel through an underground tunnel. They opened the Starbucks at 4am so we could all have our coffee early.
This hotel meets the standards expected by this Marriott Platinum Rewards member but the employees exceeded those expectations. From the front desk, to the porter,to the omlette chef- all our needs were taken care of. The valet even got on my phone and helped my daughter find the hotel- the police had closed roads the night before the race.
I used to live in North Carolina for years but never went to Raleigh. This was a great location to see thecwholevdowntown area.

Room Tip: Our room had double beds which was fine because we needed room for 3. I prefer 2 queens.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

As a savvy traveler and Platinum Rewards Member, your opinion really impresses us! Thanks for the vote of confidence! Please come visit us more often...

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We just spent the weekend in Raleigh for the Rock and Roll Marathon. The Marriott was one of the host hotels. Everyone at the Marriott was so helpful and polite. The location was perfect for the marathon, right at the start and finish. Many restaurants are within walking distance. I was just so impressed with the service and attention to detail. I will definitely stay here when I come to Raleigh again. Runners, if you decided to run the RNR marathon or half next year, come here!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Our team prides itself on the service. Our leaders take pride in the attention to details! We are absolutely delighted that you noticed!

Thanks very much for your review.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was there with a friend to run the marathon last weekend. It was a great location close to the start AND finish - and connected to the convention center. We were in a room directly across from the ice/vending but there is a door to the ice room so we did not hear the machine. Room was clean, beds were comfortable. There was a crack in the sink but not sure if it leaked or not. I am a gold member but we were not given a room on the conciege level. The lounge was closed but we were given a voucher for breakfast.

We had dinner at the buffet in the hotel restaurant Saturday night. The food was OK (pasta buffet and salad), but we never saw a waiter. They were all around us at every other table but never came to us except for a couple of quick runs past to take a plate. I ended up going to the bar to get waters, and when we were ready to leave, we could have just walked out. We stopped at the hostess stand to let them know what happened, and they made us go back into the dining room and show where we had sat, then we had to wait while the waiters had a little discussion about who should have been our waiter, then we had to wait for someone to go produce a check so we could pay. Then the waiter seemed a little upset that we didn't leave a tip...

The next morning we were downstairs early for breakfast so we could eat before the race. The front desk had told us the breakfast buffet opened at 5, but when we got there at 5 they said it was not opening until 5:30. No big deal but I could have slept for a few more minutes if I had known. The only items they had out were fruit and breads. When we asked about oatmeal they said that was part of the full buffet and not available until later. They were also quick to point out that our voucher was only for the continental breakfast, which did not include oatmeal anyway. OK - but could I maybe BUY some oatmeal if want?

So the restaurant was meh, but the hotel staff seemed very friendly and accommodating. We were a little late checking out because we finished the race later than expected (it was really really hot), and for the sake of everyone in the hotel I desperatley needed a shower before leaving.

To sum up - it's a great place to stay, but consider eating elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charles F

Thanks for your review. For the marathon we opened at 530AM with a simple continental to cater to the runners. We anticipated that most would want to eat lightly before the race. We will know better next year.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stay here almost exclusively, as we have an office downtown. I love the location, and I have never had an issue with the service, including food (which is really good by the way). We use their Board room for meetings, and the service is top notch, from the valet, bellman and desk clerks. They didn't have a king sized bed room, so they upgraded me to the concierge floor. The workout room is awesome! It is also within walking distance to a ton of great restaurants.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor, corner room. High floor on the East side will give you the best view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Our fitness center is the best I have seen in thirty years in the business! Everyone should check it out!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed this week for the first time at the City Center Raleigh Marriott and would highly recommend this hotel. It looks brand new. Stayed on the Concierge floor and the carpet and decor looked like the hotel just opened. The Concierge Lounge offered some of the best evening hors d'oeuvres I've ever seen at Marriott. The bed was super comfortable and their workout facility is first class. Enjoyed a drink and appetizer in their lobby lounge and it was very good and the lounge elegant and quiet. Next time you're in downtown Raleigh, due yourself a favor and stay at the Marriott!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Actually we have been serving the discerning traveler coming to Raleigh for almost six years. As a hotelier it is a dream to open a new hotel. As good stewards we want the hotel to feel new years from now for our guests and team members.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have been traveling all day so I show up to this hotel later than expected due to a flight delay and they gave away my room. It is 1:00 AM and I am still waiting on a cab they promised me. I have to do interviews here tomorrow and give this hole a lot of business. Does not seem they are honoring their loyal customers.

2  Thank Stover35
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

We certainly regret that you were relocated to another hotel. This is a very rare occurrence that can be caused by a many factors including guests extending their stay or maintenance issues with rooms.
It is with a sincere apology that we hope you will give the Raleigh Marriott City Center another opportunity to serve you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Recently stayed for a conference and the hotel was in a great location, very comfortable and the staff excellent from check in to check out. Food was great and the lobby bar is very welcoming as well. I highly recommend this property if visiting Raliegh.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Our Executive Chef, Michael Rigot, is awesome.