“Horrible Housekeeping Services”

Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Chicago, Illinois
“Horrible Housekeeping Services”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

After a four day stay the hotel room was not cleaned once after repeatedly calling and going down to the front desk to ask them to clean the room. They were not responsive even to platinum rpremier members. Worst stay in a Marriott in years. Room heat and thermostat was broken and froze for two nights when tempertures dipped down in the 30's. Would never return or recommend. Did send an email to the Director of Operations and received a quick response. Appreciated the quick response but wished it would have been during the stay!

Room Tip: Bring your own housekeeper or cleaning service!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank S C
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We certainly regret that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. I see that our Director of Operations spoke with you at the time of your visit. I will ensure that our housekeeping manager is also aware of the problems you experienced.

We do appreciate all feedback as it allows us to be aware of areas in need of improvement.

Best regards,

Raleigh Marriott City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Always had a positive experience at this hotel. Extremely friendly focused staff from valet to check in to the restaurant and check out. I never expected or experienced anything less. Thank you! If I had to give an opportunity review it would be more of a heads up that the guest room doors are heavier to open.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for your kind review of the Raleigh Marriott City Center. We strive to satisfy every guest and are delighted to receive such positive feedback.

Thanks again for posting to Trip Advisor.

Best Regards,

Albany, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The room was not clean upon arrival. There were hairs in the bathroom in the sink, bathtub and on the floor. They never vacuumed once across 3 days. After arrival when I saw crumbs on the floor I kept watching every day. They were never vacuumed. I would have complained but I was there for a conference and was busy. The waitress in the restaurant/bar was terrible. Service every night for 3 nights was awful. Waited for 15 minutes just to get a menu and at times for 20 plus minutes for a drink. And their drinks are awful They serve a gin and tonic in a glass that is a so small that when you add ice...you are paying for 10 cents worth of alcohol. And they charged me for a bottle of water that was not in my room upon arrival.

1 Thank Ingrid F
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our leadership team to address your concerns and cure our service failures. We take your feedback seriously and appreciate your candid comments.

Best Regards,

Greensboro
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stay here for a monthly meeting. At first, check in was friendly, easily accomplished. The rooms were clean and room service was great. Then things went downhill - unclean rooms, room service untimely. Now it is beginning to come back. The new check in app should help. Now if they would just redo the room service menu, it would be back to great.

1 Thank Cheryl M
Thank you for your candid review of our service and room service menu offerings. The hotel will be rolling out a new restaurant concept in June and with that a total revamp of our menu will be included. The check in app seems very successful and we hope that you are utilizing it to streamline check in.

Best regards,

Alexandria
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My stay at the Marriott last week was warm and welcoming. Their staff understands customer service in an above and beyond way. The hotel is clean, beds are terrific. The bar is large, and is a great networking meeting place. Looking forward to my next visit.

1 Thank Alexandriafoodfan
Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel team. We strive to satisfy every guest and develop intuitive service delivery.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I spent four nights here on a recent business trip. This is one of my company's preferred hotels and this was not my first visit (and probably not my last). This stay came with a few surprises:

1. The room was dusty.
2. I had to call for missing toiletries once.
3. I had to call for missing coffee and creamer/sugar twice.
4. By day three it was apparent that the bathroom wasn't really being cleaned.
5. I had cold showers for two of the four days.

Previous stays were fine, so I suspect items 1-4 above were specifically related to housekeeping on the 16th floor. I'm not sure of the cause of item 5.

This was a disappointing visit. At almost $300/night on the concierge level I expected more attention to detail. I hope someone speaks to whoever manages the 16th floor housekeeping team. This is a nice hotel in a good location, but the problems above left an overall poor impression this time around.

1 Thank BeantownGal_11
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I have shared your concerns with both housekeeping and our Maintenance team. I can certainly appreciate your frustration. Your feedback allows us to target weak points in our service delivery and the team will work to resolve these challenges.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

There for a short trip. The hotel was very busy. The main hotel restaurant needs a more attentive and responsive staff. We stood for several minutes at the hostess desk of an empty restaurant after the lone staff member there said "wait I have to check and see where to seat you' and never returned. We chose to leave and spend $$ elsewhere. Room was fine and most of the stay was pleasant. Just average.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Raleigh Marriott City Center. I regret that we failed to not only meet your expectations but also that our team really let you down in the restaurant. I have forwarded your review to the restaurant leadership in hopes that greater training and awareness during slow periods will avoid a re-occurrence of this issue.

Thanks again for your posting. The hotel needs all feedback including negative to improve our services.