“Great Location, AMAZING GYM!!!”

Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Very clean Marriot. The staff is very friendly and the location is unbeatable. Also, the bar is nice and tends to have a large crowd. Finally what sticks out the most is this Marriot has a real gym. The gym has a mixture of around 25 treadmills, elliptical, and bikes all with build in T.V.’s additionally, it has free weights, and about 8 different work out machines. Only issue is they don't validate parking ($12).

Room Tip: The 4th floor has the pool, hot tub, and gym so its convenient but might be a little loud.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear Colejohns12345,

Thanks for an amazing review! The fitness center at our hotel is really great. You descibed it very well, thank you! Our heated 4th floor pool is pretty amazing too... I wish we had a sun deck though.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Raleigh Marriott City Center

Reviewed February 6, 2012

The hotel is a wonderful location is you want to stroll around downtown Raleigh at night. All parts of the hotel were spic and span. The bed was so comfortable. We ordered room service breakfast the night before and it arrived on schedule and was delicious. All employees were competent and hospitable. We came in late and had a lovely dessert and drink at the bar. The waitress was especially helpful offering suggestions for our stay. We loved it and hope to stay again in the future.

Room Tip: Long hallway, so if you don't want to walk to far from elevator ask for a room central to elevat...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear jtbldb,

Thanks for your review. Th the Raleigh Marriott City Center we strive to have a well trained team that also shows Genuine Care for our guests. Our service is key to our future success. The hotel is a beautiful, new facility. But we would be nothing without competent caring team members.

Again, Thanks for the wonderful review and I hope to meet you on a return visit!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

Beautiful hotel. Room had a really large LCD flat screen tv, granite topped tables, fluffy comfy bedding, sparkling clean bathroom with a lit light switch for easy locating in the night, clean carpet with enough padding that it was actually soft on bare feet, plenty of pillows, lots of lighting. Indoor pool and hot tub appeared very clean but I didn't use. I had a room right at the elevator and never heard a peep. Starbucks in lobby. Walking distance to many great restaurants plus one in lobby. Steps from Progress Energy Performing Arts Center. This is THE place to stay if you are in town for a show there. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear 3D Stiles,

Thanks for your super review of our hotel! We are very fortunate to be part of a such a great facility. The team takes a great deal of pride in our hotel. The location is wonderful and Raleigh is emerging as a delightful leisure destination. The Performing Arts Center, the convention center and great restaurants are all within an easy walking distance.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

We have stayed at this property several times and it has always been pleasant. The hotel is well situated. It is connected to the convention center and within walking distance to major downtown sites and restaurants. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The fitness facility is fantastic. The only downside is that parking is not the greatest. Valet service through the hotel at $18.00 a day can be slow. Although self-parking is less at $12.00 a day max, the meter begins running again each in and out and is expensive on an hourly basis.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Very stylish, large and clean rooms. Easy access to the convention center.

BEST THING: I was going to arrive very late so called that afternoon to ask them to save a quiet room, away from elevators for me. Unfortunately, our group's rooms had already been assigned but the desk clerk (I'm afraid I didn't get her name) said she would see if there was anything she could do. When I arrived at 12:30am and went to my room I found it a very high floor, as far away from the elevator as possible. Great customer service.

BAD THING: I ordered room service the next morning and was told it would be there in 35 minutes so I jumped in the shower. Unfortunately, they arrived 15 minutes too early so I missed them. They did deliver it after I called down but was late to my meeting because of this.

GOOD THING: Next morning I ate in the restaurant, had the buffet which was fresh and hot. Great selection of fruit.

BAD THING: Parking spaces in self-parking garage are so small it was difficult to fit into the space and then get out of the car without banging another car with door. It was a very tight squeeze getting in and out of the car, and I'm a small person.

BAD THING: Wireless internet in the room costs $9.95!

GOOD THINGS: LOVED the bed linens, the bed, the attached reading spot lights and the glass-doored walk in shower.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VirginiaDuck
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Dear VirginiaDuck,

Thanks for your review. We have a room service protocol to avoid arriving when you are unprepared for your meal. I will see that this is re-instituted with our team members. Unfortunately, the city owns the garage under the building. I try and park in some isolated spots that have no cars adjacent to avoid the door dings.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2012

We spent one Saturday night in Raleigh Marriott City Center. This is a nice, clean hotel. It's across from the ice skating rink. Parking is not free at the hotel. We decided to self-park ($12) rather than valet ($18). If you self-park, you have to pay every time you leave the garage. Restaurants around the hotel close early (even on Saturday night). There are a couple of nice bars/pubs in walking distance for late-night (after 11 p.m.) food and drinks.

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Dear RoNeh,

Thanks for your review. Raleigh is rapidly becoming a popular weekend destination with great choices of restaurants in the downtown area. We are fortunate to be in the very heart of it all!

Thanks again,

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I recently attended a conference at this Marriott. My room was amazing-hence the very good rating. I had forgotten my iphone charger and was able to charge it on the iphone/alarm. It was clean and ohhhhh so comfortable.The location was great. There was ice skating across the street. We walked around downtown Raleigh and hopped on the R-line that provided free transportation around downtown.

Room service messed up my breakfast order twice. Several times items were left out or burnt...how do you burn toast?? What I did receive was yummy though. Iordered the All American with a side of ham.

I wasn't wowed by the hotel's event services. Some of the rooms had thin partitions. The food was awful. My salad was old!!! I think they resalvaged some of the left over salads because the following day, the salad was even older. The ranch dressing had settled on top. All of the entrees were cold. Have you ever had cold lasagna??? It isn't good.

Come for the rooms not for the event service.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Onelovelygurl05,

Thanks for your review. I certainly can understand your frustration with the cold lasagna. It is absolutely unacceptable. I can however assure you that food is never served twice. That is strictly prohibited my Marriott International and not a practice we condone at this hotel. Otherwise, we are pleased that you enjoyed your convention experience here in Raleigh.

Regards,