Raleigh Marriott City Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$76
  • Restaurant
$104
  • Breakfast included
$114
All reviewsrye barthe concierge loungeself parkingwithin walking distancevalet servicefront desk staffred hattwo blockshotel restaurantnice hotelrestaurants and barslocation is greatmini fridgeupon checkking bedbusiness tripthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I recently stayed here on the evening of June 3rd to the morning of June 4th. The room was very nice and the bed was comfortable, which is a must for me! I ordered supper to be delivered to the room because I was too tired to go down to the restaurant. It was delivered promptly and tasted very good! I also ordered breakfast to be delivered to the room in the morning to save time before my 8am appointment. I ordered the french toast with the crushed corn flakes and fresh fruit. The french toast was good, and luckily there was an extra small jar of syrup because whatever was delivered with the meal in a small bowl was so thick that it was unable to even pour it onto the food. It was not even able to be stirred that is how thick and sticky it was. I think that maybe it was warmed up for too long? I told the front desk and they reduced the bill a little. The only other thing that I didn't like was that you have to pay for parking. I feel it should be included in the price of the room, or at least reduced for hotel guests. But that was not something that would prevent me from returning. Next time I will just use street parking!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view from the 14th floor!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank DaisyLS85
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Dear Daisy,

Thank you for your review of the Raleigh Marriott City Center. We appreciate all of your feedback. Unfortunately, the parking garage is owned by the City of Raleigh. We do not charge or collect their fees. I understand that this is inconvenient but ultimately beyond our control.
Thanks again!

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Stayed here for a conference and found out that the Broadway Play "Hair" was in a nearby town. Asked for a concierge and got Dante! Not only did he get us great seats for opening night but he got me the aisle seat I wanted. The hotel was great and convenient to restaurants. The only bad thing was paying $9.95 for internet a day. Since most travelers at the hotel are there for business it would only seem fair to either have free wireless or some type of package deal. Parking is $12.00 a day or $18.00 for valet.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank fairytoes
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

We appreciate you taking time to add your review to this site. Unbiased reviews are used more and more when selecting a hotels around the world. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Stayed at this Marriott numerous times, loving every stay- until this one...The room was great, staff was great- until the morning we were to leave. Thank goodness I had showered and was dressd- a FIRE ALARM went off-urging us to go down the stairs, and to exit the building. We quickly tried to gather all of our belongings to begin our 11 floor walk-down. We were never met by an employee- none were in the stairwells to direct us or to answer any questions... When we got to the bottom floor, we were outside at the valet area. My husband asked one of the attendants if this happened regularly, and the attendants reply was "yes, we do this every morning to clear out the guests". Not funny. We asked for our car, and were on our way. When we got home, I realized that I had not grabbed my shoes on the far side of the room. When I called, they wanted to charge me to send them to me- because I "should have stopped to read the Fire Drill directions on the back of the door to know the protocol". We "were going to be able to go back to ours room". It took numerous phone calls, and 3 weeks to get my shoes back. I live 3 hours away... Mr Robertson was very helpful, once I got hold of him, and very apologetic! Would I stay again? Maybe for a luau, where I didn't need to worry about shoes....

Room Tip: Pack your shoes first...
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Granny21now

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Raleigh Marriott City Center. Our structure sits above a City parking garage. This garage was responsible for the alarm that sounded during your stay. I have used your comments to address the valet attendant's flippant remark. Hopefully, we will not have another such incident.
Additionally, I have addressed your situation with our Lost and Found department. It is my understanding that your items were ultimately shipped to you at no cost due to the circumstances. Please contact me directly if this was not the case.
Please accept my apology for the service breakdown at the end of your stay. We strive to exceed every guest's expectations but at times fall short. As stated, your review provided a catalyst to changing our procedures. We thank you for that.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

This was a business trip but had some added pleasures to including the hotel which had a great king size bed and large shower. Staff was very pleasant and it was nice to have a Starbucks on the premises.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to contribute a review! Our number one goal is to exceed our guests expectations.

Marriott Raleigh City Center

Reviewed March 24, 2011

I was recently at a conference in Raleigh and the Marriott was the designated conference hotel. Although the room was fine, I found the service to be substandard.
1) my room key was deactivated twice in the 3 days I was there -- they claimed that happens a lot because of the proximity of a cell phone 2) we asked to check out 30 min after the designated noon check out time because the conference ended at noon and was told no. So we had the check our bags into the hotel luggage storage and lug other things around during the morning conference sessions. Found out I left a poster in the room at 12:45pm and was told no problem, we can go back to our room. Could have saved us a lot of inconvenience had they let us stay until 12:30 in the first place; 3) then the bill disaster -- we tried to get the bill squared away during a break -- first they charged the wrong room to us, to correct that took 15 min. We asked to split the bill as I was sharing the room with a colleague. That took a while for them to figure out. Got the bill but because we were running late, I didn't look at the details (except for the $ amount). When I got back to work the next day, I saw that no where on my statement was my name on it even though I paid with my credit card. It took 3 phone calls, 1 email and 3 hours before the accounting department finally sent me the corrected bill. 4) when we tried to retrieve our luggage from storage, the attendant disappeared for 15 min -- returned and said he couldn't find it. So we and several other hotel guests had to search through the storage room to find ours -- another 15 min delay getting to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
BHofmann, General Manager at Raleigh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this site. I apologize that you felt our service was poor during your stay. As you know, our hotel frequently hosts major conventions that take place at Raleigh's adjacent Convention Center. During March we frequently experienced back to back groups with major departures occurring the same day as major arrivals. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to grant late departure requests with so many attendees potentially with the same need and arrivals expecting their rooms four hours later.
That being said, perhaps the reception desk could have handled your request with greater empathy.

Again, thank you for your comments. I assure you that your feedback will be used to assist us in servicing other guests in the future.

Best Regards,