All reviews north hills tv in the mirror movie theater mia francesca club level aveda products health club outdoor mall hotel is located valet service within walking distance the concierge lounge room facing fantastic location marriott properties hotel guests very nice hotel
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Stay here if for no other reason than the quaint little area of North Hills. We were here for 2 nights during my daughter's graduation from NC State and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were able to take advantage of the spa next door, a good variety of dining establishments, the large movie theater and even a little shopping (although unfortunately most of the stores close at 6 or 7:00). The room was nicely decorated with a good shower in the bathroom. I would recommend asking for a room in the front of the hotel to have a view of the North Hills area - the other side just basically has a view of the busy highway, which I would think could be much more noisy.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank pickypicky58
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I had a doctors appt in Raleigh so we decided to come on Sunday and attend the NC Ag Festival and spend the night. We chose this hotel. I booked the room through priceline choose your price and got it a little cheaper. Check in was fine, the lobby is very stylish, elevator was the smoothest I have ever been on, you can only access the elevator with your room key for safety, the hallways were spotless as was the room. It was raining & there was a valet with an umbrella if you needed it. There was staff mopping the floor continous in order to keep it dry. The room was well furnished & high end. The sheets were high count and soft. The bed did not sleep that great but I am used to a foam matress. The hdtv had a great pic, the bathroom had good pressure & the extra water jets were great, furnished toiletries, & soft toilet tissue. I do wish the room had a fridge. The nearby area offers several restraurant options, we chose Firebirds Grill and had the best prime rib ever. We walked around the shopping area and felt very safe. Movie theater nearby and shopping was a plus. Would stay here in the future. The cleanest establishment I have every stayed in. I highly recommend.

2  Thank ladybenson
dheinlein, Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2010

Thank you for your review and recommendation! It’s so nice to know that all the hard work of our dedicated team makes a difference; our housekeeping team was thrilled to read your comment on how clean the hotel is. We greatly appreciate all your feedback and hope your doctor’s appointment went well. Take care!

Reviewed May 19, 2010

We stayed for one night at the hotel at the tale end of a Carolina tour. We lived in Raleigh over 20 years ago and were interested in seeing how the town had developed since then (might have stayed had it had an NHL franchise back then!). This hotel represents that change. It is wordly, modern and focused on providing flawless service to its guests. Unlike the best of the other spots where we stayed in the Carolinas, the Renaissance doesn't ooze charm, but it makes up for that in location, efficiency and ease of stay. Raleigh's change in my view has been massively for the better and accomodations like this put a progressive stamp on it.

1  Thank ValuingTraveler
Reviewed May 16, 2010

As a female traveling alone, safety is my top priority. This hotel gets high marks on safety, particularly as it relates to access to the floors. In order to gain access to a floor, you must swipe your room key. The technology permits you only to select the floor that matches the floor to which your room is assigned. So if I swiped my card, and my room is located on the 8th floor, I would not be permitted to select any other floor. Pretty clever.

The rooms are decent size, and the bathroom is nicely appointed. The TV embedded in the bathroom mirror was a nice surprise, but it was difficult to see the image when the bathroom lights were on. I give points, though, for effort. It was a nice touch.

The hotel is conveniently located off of I-440. Easy to enter, easy to park (free), but not easy to find you way to the hotel lobby after entering the parking deck. The signage is poor, and when I mentioned this to the front desk staff, was informed that they were aware of the issue, but the owners of the deck would not permit them to put any more signage. (The elevator to the lobby is located at the back of the parking deck. I finally found this on my second day).

The rooms were soundproof, except for the slamming of doors. It seems as though the automatic door closers need to be adjusted so that the doors close automatically without making you found a dead sleep (which happened several times). This explains the 4 star mark, instead of 5. The bedding is excellent.

The retail shopping area located adjacent to the hotel was very nice, and would have been a great place to visit had my schedule permitted.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 40somethingsplus1
dheinlein, Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; the comfort and safety of our guests has always been a priority and we're happy to know it contributed to a positive experience for you. Hopefully next time you're in Raleigh your schedule will allow you time to explore the North Hills complex we're situated in; it really is a great area with shopping, restaurants, a cinema, day spa and unique local retailers all within walking distance. Thanks again for your review and recommendation, hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 13, 2010

Traveling 70+ nights a year I tend to get jaded and am generally unimpressed with the Renaissance brand, but this hotel really stands out, mostly with the little things. Great customer service, cool features in the bathrooms (won't ruin the surprise), access to a world class gym, free parking, great location, attention to detail that you find in 5 start hotels. The rooms and bathrooms are average in size, but I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2010
2  Thank natura11
dheinlein, Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel; we’re thrilled you had a positive experience and appreciate your comments and recommendation. We know that being a “road warrior” like yourself tends to make hotels seem to blend into one another. Sometimes it’s the small details that make big differences; we’re glad to know they helped set us apart and made your stay more enjoyable. Hope to see you again next time you’re in Raleigh!