“Wonderful hotel - great hotel, great service, cool environment”

Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed May 2, 2010

My 14 year old daughter and I spent the weekend here. Wonderful hotel and the staff are great. Nicely furnished - especially the flat screen TV in the bathroom mirror! Very clean and feels like it is a new hotel. Location is fantastic in the North Hills shopping center, lots of restaurants, shops nearby.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed April 25, 2010

I somewhat agonized trying to find a high-end hotel in Raleigh. The options are limited. I was quite pleased to stumble across this gem of a hotel. When I first read online it was in a shopping center, I thought the worst. When we showed up we were greeted by a first-rate hotel located a nice high-end shopping village.

The room was exceptionally well appointed and is the only hotel I have been in that has a tv screen projected on the bathroom mirror. The bed was excellent with soft high thread count sheets. The room was roomy and nice. The front desk clerks were courteous and helpful.

What was particularly nice was the shopping village in which the hotel is located. It was quite nice to have a variety of dining options and shops within a short walk.

Overall, this hotel is on my list for any future visits to Raleigh. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjohns7861
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Great Hotel, Great location. Rooms couldn't have been better. Bathrooms were super cool! Nicest hotel in Raliegh area. I was there for a conference.
Beware the restaurant is drastically overpriced, and portions are extremely small even for me;(I'm 115 lbs.) I was still hungry when I left. Staff was friendly and very accomodating. If you are going to be in a conference room take a coat. It was freezing! Everyone was wearing coats, some even brought blankets from there room.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2010

The first time my husband and I stayed here, we had a fabulous time. The second time was on Valentine's Day weekend, and it was incredibly noisy ALL night long. Doors were slamming, people were running through the halls talking, laughing, screaming. My husband and I got almost zero sleep considering as soon as we'd fall asleep another crowd would go by in the hallway.

With that said, the hotel is gorgeous. The rooms are very clean and fresh smelling. If you get a room facing North Hills shopping center, it is a really pretty view at night. Valet is very convenient. The bar is cool, but was pretty empty both times we stayed. The convenience of being in the middle of the shopping area is one of the best parts. Lots of good restaurants in there too.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My husband and I spent one night at this beautiful hotel. The minute we walked into the room, you could smell how clean it was. Although very pricey, the room was very nice, bed was very comfortable and loved the TV in the bathroom but not practiable cause you have to shut the light off in order to see the TV. You cant very well put your makeup in the dark. The one complaint I have is that the recepionist could have been a little more pleasant although she was very helpful, she did not come across very friendly. The receponist at the restaurant was bit rude to us in the morning when we went to have breakfast. We had planned to have dinner there the night before and were seated, but we changed our mind when we looked at the menu and left. The following morning, we had the same receponist, who was in the oricess of seating us when she turned around and said " Is this ok, or would you like to look at the menu before you sit down". I felt that was uncalled for and rude.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goodmomforlife
Reviewed March 20, 2010

My husband and I were going to a show in Raleigh, and decided to stay a couple of nights since it fell on our anniversary. We only live about an hour away.
My mother-in-law recommended this hotel, and she was right on. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel. The staff was so friendly. The room was beautiful. The bed was so soft and comfy. The bathroom was so nice. It had a huge walk-in shower, and the coolest tv embedded in the bathroom mirror. We loved everything.
Only one gripe, we asked for a fridge, and was told we would get one in the morning, and we never got one. Despite that it was a great place to stay. And I would stay again anytime. Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Though this newer hotel is still quite nice and in a great location fronting a walking mall of shops and restaurants, the concierge level of rooms is not nearly as special as one might expect for the price. While these rooms are quite a bit pricier than the standard, they are really the same as rooms on any other level--beds, space, view, bath exactly the same. Rooms are not bigger, bath is not bigger or nicer or with upgraded amenities. While you do get an IPOD dock, a mini-fridge and a single bathrobe, these are not worth the price. Any pool or exercise area is next door through a hallway on another floor-shared with the public Gold's Gym. You do get access to the concierge lounge, which is notably only open weeknights/mornings, but service is spotty. On a recent weekend, with the lounge closed Saturday and Sunday to the evening, there were newspapers left from Friday on Sunday evening around 5, no Sunday morning paper anywhere to be found, free water, soft drinks and juices, and a small selection of cheeses, crackers, fruit and hot mini-enchiladas. Yes, there is a small balcony, but the view is the same. There are a few magazines and a TV, seating is stylish and comfortable, but not cozy. Wine and drinks reportedly come out at 7 pm with the desserts once the other foods are put away, which doesn't make much sense, however on this night, no desserts were sent up to the suite and the person in charge simply said, "they didn't send any". A small breakfast and coffee were available on Monday am, but we had to rush to a meeting as many do, so they were less appreciated than had they been available on the weekend. All in all, for the considerably higher rate, the amenities were rather lackluster. We can get drinks and horsdourves along with a full breakfast partly cooked to order at several hotels nearby, all included for the usual price of the room, with the same free coffee and mini-fridge in every room. Renaissance needs to step up the service, or lower the rates.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business