“Excellent business hotel”

Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed May 10, 2013

It was the second time for me to stay at the hotel and confirmed my first impression: the rooms clean and comfortable and an excellent service by the hotel staff - friendly, efficient and going the extra step to exceed your expectation. My favorite in Raleigh!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

René v,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review. We appreciate you returning for a second stay with us at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills. I’m pleased to hear our staff consistently exceeded your expectations with their excellence in service and hospitality. Please continue to make Renaissance Raleigh North Hills your favorite hotel in Raleigh. We value you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The room was large and clean and the staff was so helpful and kind. They offered us free valet parking (our very young kids were crying upon arrival) and they offered suggestions on where to take them during the day. It was the best service we have received in a long time. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Flights. It was delicious and well worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2013

thomascat13,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the accommodations clean and spacious. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about our helpful staff and their excellence in service. We have a great team of dedicated associates that genuinely care about providing each guest with an exceptional stay. Please plan to visit us again soon the next time you and your family travel to Raleigh. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked a room here to celebrate my sister's 40th birthday with our girlfriends. Spa treatments, delicious meals and lots of girls time. We were all beyond impressed with the extent of personal service at the hotel from the minute we walked in. The woman checking guests in was welcoming and very personal. I could overhear her welcoming guests back in to the lobby by their last names. She took such a detailed approach and you could tell the guests appreciated her warm approach. Our room was the perfect size, well furnished with an upscale look and very clean. We were really impressed with the spa-like bathroom, mirror TV, and varied seating in the room. As we left for dinner, the host staff and the bellmen were very freindly and wished us a great night. The bellman provided plenty of tips on places to go nearby. In coordinating our stay, I did have a question that the GM responded to and he was so accommodating and went above and beyond expectations. A great stay and a perfect location for our celebration. Thanks to all involved!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Many thanks mrslsb,
Fantastic feedback, and it is always music to my ears when I hear that beyond our buildings good looks, we are noticed for our engaging approach, and sincere approach to hospitality and Discovery. I am very glad your weekend was enjoyable, and by the sound, you had an opportunity to explore and enjoy so much of what Renaissance and North Hills has to offer.

We hope you will join us for your 40th, 41st, 42nd, repeat process.

Travel for fun.

Richard Rose, General Manager.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a voucher for a free night at a Category 1-5 hotel through the Marriott credit card and decided to use it here while on a one night stay as we visited UNC. Check in was easy and quick, with a fairly personable front desk woman. We were in our room overlooking North Hills on the concierge floor quickly.

The room was very nice--but standard for a Renaissance. Two beds, a flat screen TV, and a decent view of North Hills shopping center. The beds were extremely comfortable (as expected). The bathroom is where this room stood out, though. It had a TV in the mirror, which was very cool and something I've only seen once before. The shower was the best shower I have ever been in. It features a fantastic shower head and two jets that spray on your back. Easily the best shower I have had in a long time--two thumbs WAY up here.

The concierge lounge was very good. They served chocolate cake (filled with a few peanuts in the center) with raspberry sauce for dessert at night, which was very good. Breakfast was solid--a few hot offerings, fruit, cereal, juices--what one would expect. The attendant in the lounge was fantastic. She made conversation and let us use her computer to print something--very nice lady. She was interested in what we were doing up in Raleigh and was able to make us laugh a few times.

The location in North Hills shines as well. Guests have access to a full gym at North Hills and the gym at the hotel. Shopping and dining are also just a few steps away. We had Firebrids for dinner which did not disappoint. North Hills also features music on Thursdays over the summer.

This property shines with its unique location and excellent rooms and concierge lounge. I would absolutely stay again if pricing is fair. Two thumbs way up.

Greetings adscram14,

Many thanks for taking time to reflect on your Renaissance and North Hills experience. It appears you had opportunity to enjoy the property and the fantastic surroundings, and I am especially glad to hear you had a chance to experience our service. The spirit of Discovery is our mission, and this is only achieved through engagement.

Having stayed at many hotels over the years, I will concur, our showers are the cleanest, and best functioning by far. Water pressure is everything!

Thanks again for sharing, and we look forward to the possibility of having you back soon.

Richard Rose, General Manager.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have never written an on-line review before for anything ;however, I just felt like I had to for this experience My mother in-law was visiting from Massachusetts. I booked a room so she, my wife and daughter could have some 'girl time'. North Hills has plenty of shopping and restaurants and they had a wonderful time. I was the one who checked in even though I wasn't staying there that night. I picked up the room keys for my wife because I was in the area earlier that day.
I was greeted by Cindy at the front desk. She was AMAZING! It has been so long since I've had such a pleasant face-to-face customer service experience. She was attentive to our needs and asked questions that would help her understand how she could make our experience more enjoyable. I told her there were three people staying in one room and she went over the available room options with me. I had booked a room with two queen beds. She was able to provide a room with two queen beds and a pull-out queen bed. She provided information about North Hills and was ready to answer any questions I had. The thing that struck me the most about her is that she was genuine! You can tell when someone is asking you questions but is only hearing what you say and not listening to what you say. Like I said, she was AMAZING!

My wife said the hotel stay was awesome. She said the room was beautiful, beds the most comfortable she's ever slept in during a hotel stay and the hotel was very quiet at night. We will definitely be staying there again. A GREAT experience from beginning-to-end!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Many thanks 676ScottG,

I am thrilled that three ladies in your life enjoyed their Renaissance experience, and that you had the opportunity to get at least a taste of what Cindy and our folks work so hard to accomplish. Each guest comes with their own experience in mind, and we thoroughly enjoy uncovering the needs and consistently making it more than expected.

I appreciate you taking the time to send us your thoughts, and hope you will ask your mother-in-law to return and babysit while you return with your wife for a night out.

Regards

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had to spend a night in Raleigh before picking up some golf buddies and heading to Pinehurst. I decided to splurge a bit and stay at the Renaissance rather than an "airport hotel" The Renaissance is a very pleasant hotel situated by an upscale mall and several different dinner possibilities. The linens and towels were very nice and the room was very well appointed. I enjoyed cocktails and a steak at Ruth's Chris (5 minute walk) and had an excellent night's sleep. I believe this experience was worth the extra hundred dollars and if I return again, I would stay at the Renaissance without any doubts.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Many thanks ase1707,

Great to hear you enjoyed your Renaissance experience, and all that North Hills has to offer. Like so many treasures in Raleigh tucked beneath the tree-line, we have made a habit of turning people’s “had to’s” to want to’s.

Hope you had a good round at Pinehurst, not that you could have a bad one, and we look forward to your return.

Richard Rose

General Manager.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went into this not knowing what to expect. The hotel was new and very clean. The staff was extremely friendly. Good amenities although getting to the pool was a bit odd. The room was a good size and very clean. The area around the hotel was great. There was shopping and a number of restaurants within walking distance. There is underground parking which was great since it was raining when we left.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHotels, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Many thanks 743MichaelD743,

Very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Renaissance experience and had a chance to delve in to all that North Hills has to offer. Believing the egg came before the Chicken, our pool was built well in advance of the property. We continue to try and make that walk as clear and effortless as possible. Hopefully the pool was worth the search.

We strive for standard setting cleanliness, and pride ourselves on Sincere Hospitality. I’m glad to hear you noticed a bit of both.

We look forward to your return