“Nice Place To Stay”

Ranked #21 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Armonk, New York
“Nice Place To Stay”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had to spend a night in Raleigh before picking up some golf buddies and heading to Pinehurst. I decided to splurge a bit and stay at the Renaissance rather than an "airport hotel" The Renaissance is a very pleasant hotel situated by an upscale mall and several different dinner possibilities. The linens and towels were very nice and the room was very well appointed. I enjoyed cocktails and a steak at Ruth's Chris (5 minute walk) and had an excellent night's sleep. I believe this experience was worth the extra hundred dollars and if I return again, I would stay at the Renaissance without any doubts.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Many thanks ase1707,

Great to hear you enjoyed your Renaissance experience, and all that North Hills has to offer. Like so many treasures in Raleigh tucked beneath the tree-line, we have made a habit of turning people’s “had to’s” to want to’s.

Hope you had a good round at Pinehurst, not that you could have a bad one, and we look forward to your return.

Richard Rose

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Reston
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went into this not knowing what to expect. The hotel was new and very clean. The staff was extremely friendly. Good amenities although getting to the pool was a bit odd. The room was a good size and very clean. The area around the hotel was great. There was shopping and a number of restaurants within walking distance. There is underground parking which was great since it was raining when we left.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHotels, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Many thanks 743MichaelD743,

Very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Renaissance experience and had a chance to delve in to all that North Hills has to offer. Believing the egg came before the Chicken, our pool was built well in advance of the property. We continue to try and make that walk as clear and effortless as possible. Hopefully the pool was worth the search.

We strive for standard setting cleanliness, and pride ourselves on Sincere Hospitality. I’m glad to hear you noticed a bit of both.

We look forward to your return

Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for the second time at this hotel. Everyone is very accommodating and pleasant. Truly a wonderful experience. Rooms were beautiful and the whole hotel is clean and updated.
I highly encourage you to stay if you are ever in Raleigh.

• Stayed March 2013
Cheers charlestonluvit,
Welcome back, and come back soon. Very pleased to hear you enjoyed your return visit and your Renaissance Experience. We continue to focus our efforts and energy on maintaining a wonderful visual experience, and enhancing it with sincere hospitality.

We hope to see you back again,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Overall, the food was outstanding and the presentation of the buffet was a ‘work of art’. Additionally, we appreciate the access to the concierge lounge and the staff was great.

Thanks to your outstanding staff, the Renaissance goal of 'total customer satisfaction' was achieved.

Please pass on our appreciation to each of the people who helped make our business events a success. If there is a special 'rewards program' for your staff, these folks should certainly be recognized and receive it. We would look forward to having an opportunity to work with the Renaissance group again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHotels, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Greetings creola1949,
Many thanks for the kind words, and your thoughts will most certainly make it to our team. Whether business or pleasure, we believe there is always something new to discover. Even if that discovery is that you can have excellent food at a meeting.

Hope to see you back on property for business or simply to enjoy the property and all that North Hills has to offer.

All the best.

Richard Rose, General Manager.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel and service details:The hotel is gorgeous and the rooms are great. We had a 'complimentary room' (details below) with was not a 'bad' room at all.... quiet, not near the elevator, etc.. This was a Saturday night also. The person at the front desk was lively and enthusiastic when recommending restaurants and calling one restaurant for us so we could skip the wait. Apparently the hotel had housed the people that had recently filmed an episode of a TV show about cooks. In the morning, they let us keep our bags behind the counter with them so we could have extraordinary brunch at Mia Francesca. They didn't tag them and lock them up, so we could quickly get them back. After we ate, my car was in the front waiting for us and they were patient while we tried the flavored waters by the front door. Additional details about customer service are below the valet section.

Valet parking: when driving through the shopping center to get to the hotel, there are signs for valet parking for $4 at several restaurants. I figured it would be the same at the hotel and asked how difficult would it be to find a parking place. The guy said we "may" find one in the back, but would probably have to go to the shopping center parking deck below. That sounded troublesome with our luggage, so I went with valet parking. I soon found out the the parking deck has an elevator that goes into the hotel AND saw the next day that my car was literally parked around the corner. There is a $16 charge for valet parking at the hotel, which I found out once I was in the room. Point is - even if you have to park at the lower level deck, and elevator takes you right into the hotel, so baggage hauling should not be a worry.

Additional customer service details:
At a charity auction, I had bought a package that included one night at the Renaissance, $50 gift card to a choice of restaurants, and a 60 min. Swedish massage at Aveda. (The customer service at Aveda is horrible and I will write another review for them). Anyway, I was saving if for a certain weekend and, a few months later, I found out the complimentary one-night stay at the Renaissance was going to expire prior to that weekend. I would not be able to go there before the expiration. I contacted the hotel who let me contact the Director of Sales and Marketing. After explaining why I had waited for that particular weekend, she graciously agreed to honor the expired voucher. I was very pleased that they worked with me on the expired voucher.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Stacy P.,
I’d like to thank you for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive and informative reflection of your Renaissance experience. I trust both travelers and our folks at the hotel will benefit from your perspective. It appears you had a chance to experience many of the locations and services North Hills and Renaissance have to offer, and your details gives a great vantage point from a first time visitor.

I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and you take the time to return and discover something entirely new.

Thanks again,

Richard Rose, General Manager.
South Carolina
Reviewed March 29, 2013

What a treat! Always! The flavored waters in the lobby was pineapple and watermelon. GREAT for a traveler in pain (the chemicals in these are great for inflammation.) Jason who showed us to our room was the most sincere young man ever. The television in the bathroom behind the mirror is so frivolous, but I admit I love it. Enough outlets in the right places. Comfy, quiet, clean, lovely view... as a frequent traveler, this is my favorite hotel. I feel very pampered.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. The hardest thing is getting to them. Elevator are poorly labeled...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Renee B, General Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
DonnaSC,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review on your stay with us at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel. We're excited to hear from you and appreciate your kind review. It's great knowing that you look forward to the added touch of flavored waters in our lobby, and we're happy we can provide the extra comforts for your frequent traveling needs. I will make sure Jason receives a special commendation for his sincerity and outstanding service. We appreciate you choosing Renaissance Raleigh North Hills as your favorite hotel for your frequent travels. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Following my wife's final radiation treatment, we had a wonderful and restful weekend at the Renaissance. The room was very comfortable. But "excellence" must be reserved for all of the staff. These folks were outstanding at welcoming their guests and making us feel "right at home." Granted the food was very good and beautifully presented. But again, the servers were all "five star." From housekeeping to the front desk, these people were fully committed to making a customer's stay as positve as possible. The property is conveniently located near shopping, restaurants, etc. But its the human factor that made our time in Raleigh so special. We will definitely return to the Renaissance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Drjcoker,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel. It’s great to hear your wonderful comments about our friendly staff and their excellence in service. I’m pleased to know they added the extra comforts of home for a well-deserved, restful weekend. I hope your wife is doing remarkably well and I'm happy to hear your time spent in Raleigh was so special. We appreciate you both choosing to stay with us and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.