“Excellent Property - Top Notch Staff”

Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Stayed here last night with my family on points. Got a second room on points for my parents. A few thoughts:

- Parking: Free, uncovered, about a 2 minute walk from the front door. They also do valet but why bother.

- Welcome: Acknowledged platinum premier, thanked me for my business, offered card to select platinum arrival gift (when it came they brought me a pepsi AND huge bowl of ice cream AND a Sam Adams... I don't think I checked all of that!). Front desk staff were very friendly.

- Hotel / Lobby: Very new, cool Renaissance-ish music playing in the lobby, modern decor. The hotel is located in the middle of a high end outdoor shopping center. I think a lot of the shops are boutiques, rather than chains, but honestly I'm not sure on that. Tons of restaurants are walking distance including Ruths Chris, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, a Japanese steakhouse, and many more.

- Bed: Fantastic. My bed at home is old and small so I'm probably easily wowed.

- Shower: Has a big shower head and then two sprayers at belly-button level. Never seen that before but kind of cool. There is a 12" TV in the mirror in the bathroom so you can watch CNN in the morning while in the shower (glass shower doors).

- Breakfast: My family (wife, 2 kids, parents) all sat down at around 8:30AM and like 5 servers come over and start pouring coffee and OJ and water. Throughout the meal there seemed to be a lot of folks waiting on us, not in a bad way, more like we were in a high end steak restaurant and they just wait on you a lot. So the actual food was good with eggs / bacon / sausage / hash browns / cereal / and tons of fruit. My wife remarked that they had watermelon, which is not typically included on a fresh fruit tray at a hotel. Then there is a guy standing there waiting to make you an omelotte, and he has 15 different things to put in it. Best part is pancakes and french toast, which are NOT on the buffet, but if you want them and you order the buffet they will make them for you for free when you order. Big difference in made-to-order french toast and french toast that was cooked 30 minutes ago and has been sitting in a warmer tray. It was fantastic.

My family loved this place. It is a Marriott category 5, rates are usually $175ish. I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Raleigh, NC.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Admin at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Dear AThopkins19: Thank you for providing such a glowing review of our property and staff. It’s much appreciated & we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Raleigh. We may be a little bit biased, but we think our Renaissance beds are the most comfortable anywhere!

Safe travels,

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I travel a lot on business and it can be miserable in some areas of the world. This hotel is in an upmarket shopping zone (not a mall) where you can walk about during the day or evening and feel really safe.
The staff are super helpful and the food in the retaurant - albeit you don't have a massive choice - is beautifully prepared and the chef is flexible to any personal adjustments you may need.
Nothing is too much trouble for the folks here.
It is only 20 minutes or so from the airport which makes it really convenient after a long flight.
Also next door to the hotel is a lovely spa which can often do treatments / massage at short notice.

Room Tip: The third floor has rooms with a bath and shower. Book ahead if you liek a soak at teh end of the da...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Admin at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear JNF_12: Thank you so much for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your experience at the Renaissance Raleigh North Hills. Since you travel all around the world, I’m sure you’ve had many different experiences at hotels! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and are glad to see you took advantage of the Flight’s Restaurant as well. We look forward to being your top choice when you travel to Raleigh.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in Raleigh, NC in the North Hills neighborhood. It's located in a shopping district with cute boutiques, restaurants, and a cinema complex. The service was impeccable! And the entire hotel is clean. I love the fact that the design team paid attention to the small details. Parking is below the hotel and it was so convenient to access the garage daily.

Natural Body Spa and a fitness center is next door, which is very advantageous for hotel guests.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit the Raleigh area. I looked forward to returning each day after our daily activities.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, Admin at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Dear swtnpetite: Many thanks for sharing your experience on property, and I am thrilled that you got to enjoy all that North Hills has to offer. We take great pride in our location, and in providing each and every guest an effortless and memorable visit. We hope to see you back on property in the near future, and thanks again for Discovering Renaissance.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

This is a top quality hotel, make no mistake. The rooms were great with a good flat screen TV and good entertainment options, although they are pricey. The hotel is clean, well presented and in a great area of Raleigh. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again. You can use the gym next door to the hotel. The good thing is that it’s not a hotel gym but a private one which is complimentary to hotel guests. So it has superb facilities and is another reason to stay at this hotel.
I only have one gripe which is typical of many hotels is the bathroom fans that are always on, even when the room’s lights are off. They drive me batty and these particular fans were VERY noisy. The more modern fans are a lot quieter and I think this hotel needs to retrospectively fit these. It makes for a disturbed night’s sleep because you can hear the noise even with the door shut. So make sure you pack earplugs for this hotel. The noisy room means I can’t give this hotel 5 stars, so 4 it is.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Teamtango
ConcordHospitality, Admin at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Dear TeamTango: Thank you for your wonderful review! We're so glad you enjoyed the facilities as well as the staff services. I appreciate your feedback on the bathroom fan. I'm reviewing the issue with our engineering team to determine the noise issue from the fans. Reviews like yours help us plan to correct any deficiencies.
I hope to meet you in person on your next visit to Raleigh!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed only one night on business. Very clean hotel, terrific bathrooms with tv in mirror, excellent and efficient staff and a pleasant breakfast. Made the 24 hour turn around very easy.

• Stayed: February 2012
ConcordHospitality, Admin at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear stoneiam: Thanks for posting a TripAdvisor review of our property. Although it was short, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The staff is courteous, the room as very nice, modern and clean. On their website the room are 169$/night but 189$/night includes breakfast for 2 adults & 2 children. Worth it if you are 2 people or more. The breakfast is simple, simple buffet with eggs,bacon, fruits, cereal, yogurt, assorted breads, pancake & french toast, a pot of coffee, juices, everything needed for a healthy nice breakfast. The location is also very good. Nice shops all around. Starbucks around the corner and other restaurants just for hanging out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I live about 30 minutes away, and when I need a "mom's night off" this is my go-to spot. The rooms are huge and very nice: clean, well appointed, cozy beds and pillows, good bathrooms, etc. The staff are always friendly and polite. What I really love is that when you stay here you are walking distance to a number of restaurants (the little French place on the corner is my favorite), a gym, lots of shopping, a movie theater, and a Starbucks (there *was* a wine shop - it has moved and I'm not sure if it is still in the same area or not). Pretty much everything you need is right there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lulusmom

Dear lulusmom: Thanks so much for posting a terrific review of our property! We're glad we can be a great place for some R&R when you need a mom's night off! We hope to see you soon