“Night on the Town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Cary, North Carolina
“Night on the Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed here one night for a night on the town to go out and have a few drinks and dinner around North Hills Mall. This is a very nice hotel. The rates are good, the rooms are nice and the bathrooms with the walk in showers are unbelievable. The service at this hotel was very good. The only minor complaint was that breakfast at the restaurant was not that good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

Renaissance is a pleasant hotel in Raleigh,
high level service from the doorstep when you hear Welcome as you enter the door, our partners checked us in before we actually arrived so we were taken directly to the rooms. Rooms are nice with luxury amenities, coffee makers, comfortable bedding, luxury bathroom with shower cabin. You are met with smiles throughout the hotel. Receptionists helpful, bellboys took our shopping to our rooms, waiters at the restaurant would remember what kind of drinks you like.
Northhill shopping center was useful, in a short time we could buy both ready to wear garments and fashion items.
A/c in the hotel is very strong, maybe too cold for me, but the weather of +36C makes you prefer cold to suffocating heat outside.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Club rooms are really nice
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

We have stayed here three times now and every time has met my expectations. This time we were given a balcony room overlooking the shopping area. I was afraid the room was going to be noisy being next to the elevators but we did not hear a thing from outside. The breakfast was the best food I ate in Raleigh this week except for our dinner at Firebirds, which is just a short walk away in the shopping center. There is a Target adjoining the hotel which does come in handy. The hotel has elevator access to the parking deck. Everything was very clean and well kept in the rooms. The comfy beds and hot shower along with the Aveda products help me get through my sometimes stressful trips to Raleigh. We will be back!

Room Tip: The rooms facing I-440 can get a little noisy in the morning. Try to get one facing the shopping cen...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
dheinlein, Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear twothreefour,

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel, your business is appreciated! It’s great to hear you enjoyed breakfast, I hope you gave the pancakes a try, they’re phenomenal! We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes,

Glendale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed here on a quick trip to Raleigh. I can't say much about the amenities but the room (King deluxe) is large with great closets, really nice shower and comfy bed. WiFi is fast and easy to connect to. Would definitely stay here again and explore all the shops in the very walkable area.

Would like - clearer signs about where to park, a bench or shelf to put your foot to shave your legs... hotel designers - remember women travel too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank elynchking
Dear elynchkin,

It’s great to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the location. Thank you for your comment on giving consideration to female travelers, your suggestion is a great one. We hope you’ll choose our hotel on your next visit, please feel free to request a stool for the shower while you’re here.

Best regards,

Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

I'm not sure what is so special about this place. The staff isn't very friendly, the rooms are only average. The lcd tv in the bathroom mirror might be really neat to some people but I thought it was pretty pointless. You can't even see it without cutting all the lights off. This hotel is very noisy from the beltline traffic noise and loud guests in the hallways. The rooms at this hotel are way too expensive. They are no better than a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express, yet much more expensive. I will likely stay elsewhere next time I am in Raleigh.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear grayslim,

I’m sorry to hear you didn’t find our hotel on par with our other reviewers, please feel free to contact me directly at (919) 571-8773 with any suggestions you have on future improvements.

Best regards,

Lille, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

Nice hotel, good service, slept very well. No caipirina in the bar, but very helpful staff

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband and I decided to go for a sort of stay-cation this weekend since his birthday was in the middle of the work-week. After reading several reviews on the Renaissance and how great everyone's stay had been; I figured this would be a perfect local getaway.... not so much.
First thing, the front desk doesn't take cash, a "new policy"... minor, yes, but probably something you should tell ppl when making their reservation... Obviously, if I'm staying here I have the money to pay for it, but if you're going to be choosey about how I do that; a heads up would be nice. p.s. Why ask me 'what form of payment I'd like to use' if the only form you accept is a credit card? (Let that swirl around for a minute...)
At any rate, when going on trips out of town (we live 2 hrs. away) I like to use cash to avoid heachaches when I get home... i.e. overcharging, and apparently with good reason b/c when I got home; they charged my account DOUBLE what I was suppose to pay and what my reciept reflected!!! I called, and the lady on the other end says, "Oh I get this call all the time..." "Well, maybe you all should make it a "new policy" to inform your guests BEFORE you overcharge them!" She proceeds to tell me that it's just an authorization and the REAL charge will hit in a few days as if I should be relieved. Guess what, if I can't use my money b/c of something you did, even if it's a temporary hold; I think I should know about that in advance. This crap completely unbalanced my checkbook. HELLO!
In addition to the money drama, the room was so subpar it was unreal! The toilet had a brown stain at the bottom of it which made me weary if it had been cleaned since the previous guests. Then I thought, how does a hotel toilet even get a stain like that IF it's being cleaned every day? As if that wasn't cause for pause, literally EVERY GLASS was filthy! Some glasses still had lip prints on them and one in the bathroom actually had something stuck on the inside of it! 1 word...GROSS! Needless to say, we used plastic cups for the rest of our stay.
The absolute number 1 thing, and debateably the ONLY good thing about this hotel was the location... plenty of things to do, eat, shop, dine, a movie theater all in walking distance. As far as the actual hotel itself, I would say the bed and the furniture were good. The furniture was dark wood and contemporary, and the bed was comfortable too. The coolest things had to be the keyed elevator and the tv in the bathroom mirror. We never actually used that tv but to see what the remote was for, and to be perfectly honest, I'd rather have a microwave than a bathroom tv. We went to dinner the night before and could have eaten our leftovers for lunch before checking out, but there was no MICROWAVE. Come on Renaissance, even the shabbiest of hotels listed on this very site have a microwave in every room. I mean really, for what you charge per night, that's the least you can do.
Chances are I won't be back... I think I'd atleast look into a few other places I've heard were nice before staying here again. Bottom line, when your hotel falls in a certain monetary category, it comes with certain expectations, and mine weren't met. Step your game up Renaissance. 1 word... disappointed. p.s. They also have the audacity to charge for valet... advice: park your own car, and take the elevator. =D Happy Traveling!

Room Tip: request a room facing the plaza and a high floor
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsRich2007
dheinlein, Manager at Renaissance Raleigh North Hills Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments MrsRich, we appreciate all feedback from our guests. Please know that we do welcome guests to pay with cash upon checkout; the policy with our hotel, as with most, is that a credit card is required at check-in in the event any incidental charges shoud be incurred. Please also know I'm disappointed and regret that your experience was not reflective of our high service and accommodations standards and hope you will accept my deepest apologies. I also hope that despite the negatives of your stay, your husband did enjoy his birthday celebration.

Yours truly,