“Bad service”

Dining options: Breakfast
Raleigh, NC
“Bad service”
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I went in with my boyfriend one weekend afternoon for lunch. The place is small, but there were a lot of things on the menu that looked good. Since it was before 3pm on a weekend, they were serving brunch as well as lunch entrees. I got the eggplant rollantini and he got a cup of soup and a waffle. The soup came out first and was followed about 5 minutes later by my eggplant. However, the waffle didn't come out until 20-25 minutes later. By then, he had long fnished his soup, and I had finished my eggplant and the waitstaff had cleared all the plates. Finally, the waitress brought out the waffle, which apparently had been sitting around for quite a while because the butter didn't even melt on it. I touched it and it wasn't even warm. And then she brought some cold syrup to top it off. I don't know why my boyfriend didn't send it back (I would have, but he was too hungry so he just ate it). The next time anyone came to our table was when the waitress dropped off the bill without stopping on her way to another table. However, as soon as I put $$ in the bill and set it back down, someone came immediately to pick it up. Nobody ever asked how the food was or if everything was OK. I have never not tipped at a restaurant before, but the service here was so bad there was no way I was giving them a dime. I couldn't believe the waitress had the nerve to charge us for a cold waffle after she obviously forgot to bring it out and then avoided our table until we left.

1 Thank Bourgeois_Yuppie

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is my favorite breakfast/lunch restaurant! The food is fabulous! Very fresh and many unique options. My favorite...”
Reviewed July 10, 2008

This is my favorite breakfast/lunch restaurant! The food is fabulous! Very fresh and many unique options. My favorite by far is the Siciliano. I took my picky 12 year old who normally won't eat anything different and he Loves it!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook