“Great food for the price”

The Pit Authentic Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pit Authentic Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,542 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dawson Street
Transit: The R-line stops right in front of the restaurant!
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Great BBQ and sides. Good place to bring the family for a delicious meal. Moist, tasty pork. Worth every dime.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,555)

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Smoked wings and cornbread were 2 of my favorites at the Pitt. Friends enjoyed the veggie plates and choice of beverages. Highly recommend, just make a reservation in order to prevent wait times.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

This restaurant was recommended to us, we went as a family of 5 adults and 2 children, the food was excellent, I would recommend that you booked as it gets very busy.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My family loves to eat and we have had better at The Pit; however, I would rate this visit as simply okay. The pulled pork was as delicious as always. The baby backs were dry and chewy. The catfish was over-breaded and over cooked. Fried really hard and I couldn’t taste the fish. The collards, mac-n-cheese and green beans were really good. Baked beans and sweet potatoes were okay. We won’t go back for awhile.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The Pit was fabulous. Great atmosphere, a wonderful team of servers, and fantastic food. Good menu, something for everyone, I recommend the fall off the bone ribs. The hush puppies were to die for, as was the Peach Sangria. Only fault for me was it's not near my home, a must do if you love BBQ.