“great day trip”

North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
Ranked #1 of 158 things to do in Raleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: The Southeast's largest natural history museum features dinosaurs, whale skeletons, live animals, walk-through dioramas, special exhibits, hands-on science education and accessible scientists. IMLS National Medal Finalist, 2014.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have taken my grandchildren, adult guests and just my husband and I always have a great time. There is so much to do and see.
The people at the museum are more than helpful. They take their time to explain everything and do so,with enthusiasm. I'll go back again and again, there is always something new and different. We even had a geologist working with my 11 and 8 year old grandchildren. What a treat!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,966)
All reviews
in 38 reviews
"great for kids"
in 42 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Must visit while in Raleigh, it is a world-class museum, lots to see and observe for all ages! Worth going back again and again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have taken my son to this museum several times over the years and we enjoy it every time. There is so much to see and do here. The butterfly house is one of the coolest things here. The live bugs section is another favorite of ours. You can see into a real live bee hive and see exotic spiders as well. Great family fun and don't forget to leave a nice donation because the museum is free.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Well done exhibit that connected the viewer with the actual event. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit and the information provided about the historic event.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I think the original exhibit was about nine years ago I did see that exhibit which was wonderful. Saw this new exhibit and was not as impressed as I was with the first exhibit. This new one is done very well, so I am glad I had the opportunity to see the first one so I could compare. By all means go to see this exhibit even if you did see the first one. This museum knows how to display their exhibits in a crowd friendly way as I found out on this past Saturday. I did not feel rushed, & spent as much time as I wanted reading the explanation of the exhibits. I am already looking forward to what the museum comes up with next--such a wonderful museum.