DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University
Ranked #14 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Davidson, United States
“Wonderful place!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at the DoubleTree! The staff could no have been nicer or more helpful. I was in DC for a doctor's appointment and it was fabulous to go to this hotel following a ling day. My one regret is that I couldn't stay longer and enjoy all of the amenities!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

bill_winn, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Georgia K,

Not sure if you got some of your DoubleTrees mixed up in your travels. If you did stay with us thanks for the glowing remarks but if you were in DC glad to hear you had the same excellent experience there as you would here.

Bill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel was ok, a little dated but ok until I got ready to take a shower and the faucet broke. The next day was a very long work day for me. I left the room at 7am and returned to a dirty room @ 7pm. I stopped by the front desk, on my way to dinner after working 12 hours, to request housekeeping and to report the broken faucet. I returned two hours later and my room was still dirty and the faucet was still broken. I was livid!!! The clerk at the front desk had fresh towels delivered and came to pick up as much as possible. I was very disappointed. After a long day at work, I just wanted to go to my room and relax with a night cap.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Shonda T,

Looks like our Engineering and Housekeeping teams missed several opportunities to have made a better impression. Thanks for writing the review, it will be shared with our team members

Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Great place to stay on a budget. If you happen to be racing they are centrally located to the race start and finish. Front desk staff went out of their way to take care of all needs and the cookies were superb. Rooms were quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Beanydoc,

We certainly think we provide a good value and excellent service for our guest. We have many annual road races in the Greater Downtown Raleigh most recently we hosted the IronMan and Rock and Roll Marathons which proved to be a hugh success. Thanks for the review

Reviewed June 3, 2014

During check in my roon was switched from the 2nd floor to the ground floor directly across from the employee break room and laundry service because I had three teenage daughters, one in college, all whom were refered to as children. When I inquired about the switch I was told because we weren't the only ones in the hotel. There was no fridge or microwave as promised. The plumbing leaked all night. Lastly, when my Jeep was broken into the staff was rude and the head of security asked me if I had accidently misplaced the items. As a doctor who frequently travels, I have never been treated so rudely and indignantly in my life. Do NOT stay hee.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Poesfox,

No doubt that you are a seasoned traveler and loyal Tripadvisor participated. Will certainly review all your comments with our staff for better future results. Thanks

Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Would stay here next time we come to Raleigh. Came down to participate in the Ironman. All staff was very accommodating to myself and my family. Very clean, very attentive! Definitely a first class hotel at a very reasonable price!

• Stayed June 2014
bill_winn, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
PghPiratesFan,

Hosting the IronMan event in Raleigh is awesome! Thanks for the 5 rating review and please come back for next years event.

Powell, United States
Reviewed June 2, 2014

All staff at the Brownstone always seem glad to see you. Rooms are dependably clean and well-maintained. Restaurant staff are extremely polite and accommodating. On-line reservations procedure can be very frustrating and tricky. Too easy to be corralled into the prepay option--too difficult to correct. Like the Brownstone very much--stay there whenever possible. However, I do not care for the HILTON much at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Russel C

Glad to read that you find the staff and hotel enjoyable . We value your business and hope that future visits to Raleigh include the DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh Brownstone. We love our location close to Downtown, NCSU and Cameron Village Shopping. Please come back.

fayetteville, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Room did not have fridge, kind of disappointed for the amount of the room stay. They had wrong type of room at check in but they worked it out. Not a bad hotel, close to everything....and filling out this review is awful..telling me I dont have enough characters or too many repeated characters...hopefully I am at 20 NOW

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Maureen W.

Thanks for taking the time and writing a review. We do not have microwaves and refrigerators in all our rooms but we do have a limited supply that we offer complimentary on a first come bases. Glad you liked the hotel and the fantastic location.