“Conference in Raleigh”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University
Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed October 24, 2013

All behind the scenes planning were evident when our group began the conference. The space was comfortable and offered downtime opportunities for people to unwind via fitness, parks and walking around town (safely).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My new husband and I absolutely LOVED having our reception and staying at this property! The location is optimal in that it is very convenient to places that we love going to downtown. Also, every time we walked into the lobby, we were struck at how welcome we felt :)
We especially enjoyed working with Natasha Murray, the Senior Catering Sales Manager. Natasha went out of her way--above and beyond, more accurately--to ensure that everything was to our liking. She is a pleasure to work with and treats you like you have the only event going on at the hotel (which we knew was actually extremely busy the weekend of our reception)!
The food at the reception was superb; even MORE tasty than what we remembered from the tasting :) Guests seemed to especially enjoy the prime rib and shrimp and grits!
The complimentary immaculate and spacious suite was gravy on the top of our already-wonderful experience; we would definitely recommend this hotel above all others to anyone visiting our area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I attended a conference at the hotel and the start of the conference was before check in. The desk clerk told us that although there were rooms available none of the rooms at the discounted conference rate were available. Seemed a bit poor to me. The room and bathroom were in need of repair... broken tile, pealing wallpaper, etc. The bed, though was divine! The conference food was very good except there could have been more gluten free options. The heating and cooling in the conference center never seemed to be right... either too cold or way too hot.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have to applaud the staff, especially Natasha Murray. Although our group was relatively small, she went out of her way to make sure our service was outstanding. I apologize for not catching their names, but the bartender, the older male server and the catering manager were also superb.

In addition, I got nothing but raves from my guests regarding their rooms and the hotel. The food at the reception was wonderful and all servers were professional, courteous and attentive to my guests. Every request we made was fulfilled quickly and thoroughly. I will most certainly recommend the Brownstone to our friends who have daughters the same age as ours.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel previously and had no issues. However, this trip I was not impressed. I stayed for two nights total. The first full day, I left the hotel at 7:30am and returned around 2:15pm. When I got back my room had not been cleaned and there was 3 members of housekeeping on my floor. Two were just standing in the hall, not doing anything. About 3:15pm housekeeping knocked on my door to clean my room. At this point, they'd had at least 7.5 hours to clean my rooom and looked confused when I told them I didn't want them to clean my room. I also found it to be very loud (doors slamming, etc). I doubt I'll stay here again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Doubletree- Brownstone was the perfect venue of our guests. While i thought I wanted rooms downtown, i found those properties lacking in true Southern hospitality. Supply and demand was certainly an issue, but luckily when i called the Brownstone, Derek Allen knew exactly how to work with this MOB (mother of the bride)! The flexibility was much appreciated and his demeanor every time we called was both professional and friendly. The staff on the weekend of the wedding was accomodating and made our guests feel welcome. When i arrived on rehearsal day and our suite wasn't ready, they put us in a room to get our shower and then moved our bags to our suite before we returned. I can't recommend this property highly enough. Please give them the opportunity to earn your business!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel met all of my expectations. I travel for business several times a year and am always pleased when our meetings are held at the Double Tree in Raleigh. The hotel staff were very friendly and efficient and always willing to spend whatever time needed to adddress a question or concern. The food at the grill was good and the meals served for our conference was certainly above average for conference food.