“Great location and updated rooms”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here during the holidays and found it to be a perfect location with updated rooms. Close to downtown and to the NC State Campus. Will return. Book in advance and get the best prices. Problem- no pool, jacuzzi, and lousy exercise room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank professorcg

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had a nice experience here. We had a leaky toilet in our new room and they moved us right away. The accomodations were clean and the staff was pleasant. Don't forget to ask for your warm chocolate chip cookies!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank luv2travel821
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My friends and I went for a weekend getaway. This place has a good location, close to NC State, and close to downtown. They give you warm cookies (always a plus). They do offer room service which the food was actually good. They have free wifi, and the beds are tempur-pedic, which didn't agree with me but overall a good value especially for the location.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank fabtraveler20
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I just visited Raleigh for one night in order to attend a N.C. State basketball game the next afternoon. I have only stayed in one other hotel closer to the PNC Arena, so it was a little difficult to pick something unknown. The Brownstone had good reviews in here, so I opted to stay for one night. The hotel is in a great location, less than a mile from the N.C. State campus on Hillsborough. On the other side of the hotel, it is only about a mile or two to downtown Raleigh. What a great location! The interior lobby is nicely updated. The entire hotel was very clean, and we had a room up on the 7th floor with a view of downtown. Interestingly enough, the rooms have actual balconies with sliding glass doors. The room was very large, and the bed was comfortable. No problems with the heating system, either. The bathroom was clean, with slightly dated decor. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the upper floors, with view of downtown Raleigh.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brett D
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My stay at the Double Tree Brownstone was first rate from beginning to end. The staff was excellent starting with our request for early check-in, so we could make it to an early concert. The room was clean with comfy beds. The bathroom was immaculate and I loved having a private balcony with an excellent view of the Raleigh skyline. We even had a full moon! The food and drinks at the bar were excellent and timely, and we were made to feel like our business was appreciated. I also was able to access the free wi-fi without a problem, and the slippers and bathrobe were a nice touch. Halfway home I realized that I had forgotten a checkbook and wallet full of credit cards in the room. I called them, and they retrieved them for me. I asked them to mail them to me, and they arrived the next day fully intact. That could have been a disaster! I can't say enough about the helpfulness and graciousness of all the staff. This is the only place I will stay when in Raleigh.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank ASUgal
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Hotel on the outside looks a little off to start with then you get to the rooms and its not much better its like a comfort inn that they jazzed up with some new furniture. Also this is the first hotel i have ever stayed in where i had no control over the temperature of my room....will no stay here again

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member and am a big fan of the Hilton brand, but this place didn't do much for me. I thought it was particularly overpriced.Some of my business associates did not have hot water in the morning and the staff did not seem to be too concerned. However, the breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business