“OK & Pet Friendly”

Ranked #62 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“OK & Pet Friendly”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed there for 4 months on a business assignment. Front desk is excellent. Maintence person is excellent. Good value for the price. Housekeeping is hit and miss. It depends on who gets your room as to the quality of the cleaning. Grounds are kept clean and well as halls and lobby. Grab and go breakfast bar is nice for those with busy schedules.
I chose it for the price, pet acceptance and micro kitchen.

Some of their quests can be a little sketchy but in general if you let them alone they will do the same.

Overall a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North Raleigh, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our maintenance engineer and the service our staff provided to you overall. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed our common areas, your room and the grab-and-go breakfast. In regards to the housekeeping issue you commented on, I can assure you that I am addressing this with my staff so that we can improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rnr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Housekeeping is horrible. The place looked like my kids 'cleaned' it…debris/pamphlets behind furniture. half-*** cleaning on countertops and surfaces, carpets not vacuumed, furniture/decor weathered and dated. And, the bathroom just creepy-pubic hairs on toilet and long hairs in shower. I'm so glad I'm just here for 1 night and I pray nothing jumps on me while I'm here. And, this was the better room because the previous room was in a smoke filled hallway. I changed to this room and had to seal the floor with a towel to stop the cigarette smoke from coming in. It's not as bad as the other. I had a similar experience in another city at an Extended Stay and left 5 min after check out. But, I had my car. On this trip I was dropped off and stranded. However, this trip has cast an impression on me, reminding me to never stay at and ESA ever again. It's reminiscent of the Motel 6's of the 80's, the only difference is the doors are on the inside hallway. Yuck!

PS I called from the airport for a shuttle and was put on hold for 10 minutes. I hung up and took a Taxi. They seemed to be understaffed all the way around. the front desk person had a wonderful personality and was very accommodating-but her demeanor couldn't compensate for where ESA falls extremely short. Morning can't come soon enough.

Room Tip: don't choose a room go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Booked on pet friendly hotels.com that said pets say free. Checked in was charged $56.00 for my pet, went to my room brought up the website went to the front desk were they said they never heard of that, did eventually return my money but was not happy about it. There was no TP in the room when we got in, counter had stains and burns on it, no tv guide, near next to channels. Came in from loading our truck and a member of the staff was hovering a round our door. Will not stay here again neither should.

• Stayed October 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Check in was fine. Hotel lobby & hallway to to rooms were nice; however there was a guest at the desk who smelled like weed. When I talked to the gentleman at the counter he said that he was going to have a talk with him. I didnt undertstand why he didnt put him out or call the police. The elevator smelled like weed (they only have one elevator) and cigarette butts on the floor. When I went out to grab my things from the car I saw the guest again but this time with a friend. They both smelled like weed & had the elevator stinking. The room was cute & I was surprised to see That they offered a mini kitchen. Although we didnt have plans to use the kitchen I did an expection. The refrigerator & freezer had a few juice/food stains and the sink wasnt nasty but it wasnt cleaned properly. The bathroom "looked" clean but there was a faint smell of urine. Overall this would be a nice place to stay but I would suggest they hire a new housecleaning team & be mindful of who they allow to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tyneca J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North Raleigh, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. The situation you described regarding the odor of smoke and housekeeping is truly regrettable.

We are sincerely apologize for your experience. I have contacted the local authorities and they will be assisting me in stopping this type of behavior to ensure that smoking pot does not happen again in the future. Also, I have and will be working with my housekeepers to assure top quality cleanliness in my rooms.

Once again, thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rrp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Checked in OK but in then I took off my shoes and walked on the carpet. It was soaked from the AC unit leaking and my white socks were now black. Wake in the morning and find ants everywhere. Go to take a shower and the tub won't drain. I had to get out of the shower half way thru and bail out the tub so it wouldn't over flow. I told the front desk and they moved me across the hall to another room. I was moving my stuff from room tot room and had the door latch open only to find a black man using my tolit when I came from the first room with my belongings. When I told the front desk their response was sorry

Room Tip: don't stay here if you want a good room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North Raleigh, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so sorry that your room was unclean at check-in and that our staff did not attend to your needs in the proper manner. In response to your feedback, I am working with our housekeeping staff to revamp our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, our maintenance staff is making repairs in your room as needed and I will be coaching the entire staff on how to provide better customer service to our guests in the future.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rnr@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Suitland, Maryland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

i visited the extended stay on wake towne in north raleigh. to start, my room had a stinch from hell, ants and only one plate in the cabinet. on my first full day i went to service desk and asked if they had room freshener and bug spray, a iron and hangers, as mine were missing. The response was no, no and yes. I asked again if they had any bug spray and room freshner. the answer was no. i was given iron/hangers from another room and then i just went back to my room. that day i had left for the day and when i returned the front desk had bought some room freshener and i brought the lady to my room to smell the room. The answer was, somone had been cooking collard greens and they were left in the trashcan without the cleaning persons knowledge and caused the stinch. after my room was sprayed it smelt better, but later after leaving and returning again the stinch was back. i didnt want to argue too much about the ants as later they were found in my suitcase as they were in multiple locations in the room. i tried to enjoy the rest of my week until the day before check out . i had used the toilet and was temporarily locked in the bathroom for just seconds. i wiggled the door handle and was able to get out. I didnt think anything of this and went on with my day. On checkout day i used the toilet early inthe morning at arount 6am. Again i was locked in the bathroom and again i just thought to just wiggle the handle to get the door open. This didnt happen this time, i found myself stuck inside. The handle would not unlock the door and so i kept wiggling the handle to no avail.After 30 min i started banging on the bathroom wall which was next to the hallway of the hotel. After 20 or so minutes i heard a man trying to get into my room. He could not as i had the dead bolt on. He kept tangling with the door but to no avail. He went and came back to the door for about 30 mn and then asked me to open the door and i informed him that i was locked in the bathroom. i asked him to call the fire dept for help. This did not happen YET! He kept fumbling with the door and then there was silence. He had stopped trying and i did not hear him again. About another 30-40 went by during this time i kept banging, crying and yelling for help . No one came. At this time i was gettng hot and tired and scared. THEN i heard a ladys voice say, " ma'am, im here i will help you". She fumbled withthe door trying to unhook the dead bolt as well and i asked her to pls call 911. She went to do so , i kept banging and several minutes later i heard the door open and the bathroom door open as well. I fell out of the trapped room to the counter and yelled , "what took so long to get me out of there" ? The fireman asked if i was ok and i was but i was upset at this point. I asked the lady why didnt the guy just call 911? She had no answer . I checked my cell phone and it was 723am so i had been in there for 1.5hrs and thought that this was crazy and unacceptable. It is common sense to call for help if a guest is trapped. To end this review i will NEVER stay there again. NEVER! I left withing 30 min and took pics of the door handle.

Room Tip: have the front desk let you inspect the room before you sign for it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank monica j
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stated here for a month while we were having work done on our house. There s 4 of us. Along with my dog. We asked about accepting dogs and the front office person Said YES! We allow pets. Well after being there 30 days. At around 10:30 at night, my youngest son was asleep. We were told we had to pay a pet fee. We said a what! We have been here all month. Walking our dog everyday. No one said there was a pet fee. I asked if we could talk to he manager. But she ddn't want to speak to me. I said can we wait till morning. Inwas told by the front office staff. The manager didn't want to talk to me. And I had to pay the pet fee or leave!!

Omg! It's now 11pm I have a lot of clothes in here. We had to find a hotel at 11pm . Wake up my 11 yr old. It was the worst situation. I called customer service. A few days later. Thy stated the general manager was going to call me back. Well one month later.. Still no call. I will never stay here again. And I hope that this never happens to anyone else... Still upset!!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!!!! Please don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LD1129
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - North Raleigh, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you were not notified of the pet fee. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at kmaile@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.