“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Middlesex, North Carolina
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Only stayed here overnight on my way to Charlotte for a concert, but it was a very nice, quiet hotel. Only downside really was the lack of a real breakfast. I assumed there'd be a waffle iron, but there wasn't, but then again I really didn't care since we were already planning to go somewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EconolodgeInn, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guset,

We thank you for taking the time to fill out the online survey.Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

We are glad that you had a nice and peaceful stay at the hotel. And your liking for the waffles has certainly been noted.

Team Econo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Zion, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed recently on my trip through the state. Was a clean and affordable motel where I had a good nights sleep and continental breakfast next morning. Good value for the tired traveler. On line check in.

Room Tip: Plenty of different rooms to choose from.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EconolodgeInn, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

TEAM ECONO
Econo Lodge Staff
Econo Lodge , Raleigh
919-755-6005
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Hotel location is great. Close to everything you might need. Easy to find and get in and out of. Check in was quick and easy. Desk staff was nice. I received a call about 30 minutes after checking in to make sure everything was good. This place has a lot of little problems. No ice machine worked in the building. The drink machine did not work. The clock blinked when I walked in. Normally not a problem, you set it and you are done. I set it a few times and after a bit it blinked again. The alarm went off once. The rubber seal around the window was gone leaving a fair size gap. Could let bugs in during the summer. The thermostat did not work correctly. I had to set the AC on 65 and the room was still very warm. It was cool enough outside that I normally would have run the heater. It was just some dumb little things that could ruin a stay. I am not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Adak,

Dear Guest

I am glad that you found the hotel conveniently located to all the areas of interest you were visiting, and the staff was at your service promptly. In respect to the little issues you encountered, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience. Just to update you on it all of the issues have been fixed and we now have a brand new ice machine on premise.

Hope to see you soon when you are back in town.

Team Econo
Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was very affordable for Raleigh. Also, it was very close to the place that I wanted to go in Raleigh. The receptionist was very nice and quick to give my key, so I could enter my room. After relaxing in my room for about 90 minutes, she called to check if everything was fine, which it was. One negative about this hotel is that it allows smoking; I believe that hotels that don't allow smoking are more successful than one that allow it. Although it did allow for smoking, I didn't small any traces of cigarettes.

Inside the room, I had a queen size bed, which was very comfortable. The bed had a blanket two blankets that I questioned, but I just removed by sheets off. Overall, the bed and the sheets were clean. The room is small compared to what I accustom myself, but I couldn't complain too much for what I paid. The bathroom was clean and had a nice shower area. The room has a television, which is clearly old and outdated. I found using it to quite annoying, especially when I would change the channels. Moreover, I found that the tv had limited channels for having cable. The room was very quiet, but the hotel didn't have hardly anyone staying there.

As for contenital breakfast, don't bother eating at this hotel. It doesn't offer hardly anything for a decent breakfast. The only things offered are juices, bangels, donuts, and toasts; you're better off finding a restaurant in Raleigh.

This hotel could use an updated look. The appearance inside and out looks very old and prosaic. Even so, for a cheap hotel, I doubt many people would complain too much about looks. As my title says, you could always do better...

Room Tip: If you want a non-smoking room, make sure that you request third-floor. Even thou
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Black0ut1983
EconolodgeInn, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 25, 2013

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We are glad that you found the Econo Lodge to be very affordable, clean and quiet place to stay. Although we have 74 cable channels on our tv's we will try to get some more in the future.

As far as all our amenities are concerned, breakfast, wi-fi, cable tv we try to provide the most your money can buy. But like you said there is always room for improvement and we will work hard to do better.

Econo Lodge Team
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was the absolute worst hotel experience that I have ever had. My husband and I were passing through Raleigh on a road trip and booked this hotel because it was inexpensive and on the way to our next destination. Upon arrival we were greeted with some sort of police activity outside of the hotel. When we went to check in we had to wait behind a gentleman and a prostitute checking in. After checking in we went upstairs to a hallway full of cigarette smoke in the non-smoking hotel. After being in the room for all of about 15 minutes we felt so unsafe we decided to cut our losses and leave. When we were exiting the building there was ANOTHER gentleman and prostitute checking in. When we walked out to the parking lot we also saw a man stumbling in so drunk that he couldn't even figure out how to enter the building through the automatic doors.

All in all, I would say pay a little extra and DO NOT choose this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
EconolodgeInn, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 25, 2013

We operate a very clean and safe place of accomodation in Raleigh. We donot allow undesirable activities of the kind you described on our premises.

Team Econo Lodge