“Exceptional value”

Ranked #57 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
Largo, FL
“Exceptional value”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds. Hot water in the shower, comfortable pillows on the bed. I've stayed in places that charge much more and gotten much less. My only complaint (and it's a small one) is the sparsity of breakfast choices, but given the room rate that is a tiny consideration.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Flahdagal
EconolodgeInn, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites. We appreciate the feedback that our guests provide as we strive to exceed guests expectations.
We take pride in providing good customer service, clean and affordable rooms. A great value for your hard earned money. Noted your comment on our Breakfast selection, although it is over and above the company requirement we will try our best to better it.
We hope to see you in the near future.

Econo Lodge Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Normal limited service hotel that was clean and comfortable. Great price but most importantly great customer service. This hotel does not have bed bugs either, as i stay here weekly in different rooms. No worries there my fellow travelers!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank endlesschances
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!
We appreciate your comments. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and will continue to provide the same great customer service that you are so used to.
Also thanks for bringing to the attention of other fellow travellers that we DONOT have any bed bugs in our rooms.

Please visit us on your next trip to Raleigh.

Econo Lodge Management
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Always enjoy my stay here. The staff, especially the manager, Mike Patel are so friendly and make me feel welcome and comfortable. Clean and comfortable rooms.
Elizabeth

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank L H
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the kind words.
Our team will always be here to welcome you any time you are in Raleigh. We try our best to make this your home while you are away from home.

Econo Lodge Management Team.
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Several years ago, as one will see below, I graciously provided my opinion of the 'good ole' Sleep Inn where I stayed when working in the USA... Finding myself in Raleigh once again this autumn my US representative and myself were quite surpised to see the words 'Econo Lodge' flying high above I-440 when passing by a few weeks ago. At the urging of Mike, the kind manager/owner, I'll offer a few thoughts on the new venue as a few things have changed, and a few things haven't!! On entering the property the lighting, parking and security are as dependable as always. The staff are vitually unchanged and know my name and favorite room just like old times. The rooms are getting minor face-lifts with new bathroom granite countertops and the showers and beds are every bit as fine as the last time I wrote. (I even understand the upper floors are getting nice new suites, although I haven't personally experienced one)... The 'Econo' continues to be very good value for money and well... the only thing that has, shall we say, drifted to the less-than-positive side is the breakfast offerings. The boiled eggs, bananas, microwave grits and real butter are things of the past and sorely missed. (A $5.00 gift card to the Waffle House at the top of the hill would be of huge mutual benefit to all involved parties)... Having said that, while their breakfast is far from a positive 'draw' to inspire others to sample their offerings of good-value accommodation, there is little doubt that as long as Mike and the gang (although we miss Brenda and Marie) continue greeting me with a smile and warm greeting (and offering the most reasonable rates anywhere), I'll be 'hanging my hat' with them many, many times over!! Many thanks to the staff of the Econo Lodge for their kindness and help and long may they remain open to serve weary folks who require and appreciate their services!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank diapason52
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This hotel contains bed bugs! I came home from a 2 night business trip and have bites all over me!

NASTINESS! Do not stay here!

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank reviewer49022
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We have stayed here the last couple of years, and it has been a great place. We attend the Mid Atlantic Youth Conference every year so we have a lot of teenagers with us. The rooms are clean and the staff is excellent. They remember us by name and we plan on staying with them next year as well!

Stayed December 2010
Asheville
Reviewed November 24, 2010

As a budget hotel, this Sleep Inn is pretty good. Location is great, close to restaurants (plus an ABC store next door), stores, and downtown Raleigh. Accommodations are reasonable, comfortable, and the rates are pretty good. However, the noise isolation is so-so. I could hear feet walking around upstairs, and the rooms facing the I-440 Beltline get some traffic noise so they switched me to the quieter side. Like most budget hotels, the breakfast is marginal and you're better off going somewhere else to buy breakfast. The service was good. Overall the hotel isn't bad, but there are a LOT of choices in the area so this one doesn't stand out- I'd be willing to fork out an extra $10-15/night for a bit higher quality and quietness.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business