“Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #39 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Roxbury, New Jersey
“Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food selection was good, and well stocked. The hotel is about 5 -10 minutes from the city, in my opinion in a great location.

Our initial experience was rough. When we arrived the first room we were given was a non-smoking room on the second floor. It stunk like smoke and a chemical to cover up the smoke.

The next day Craig at the front desk was an absolute pleasure. He let me check a room for the smell to assure it was to our liking and them moved us there. Every time we saw him he assured our stay was going well. While that may not be going above and beyond, it was just enough to change our initial impression of blah to a great experience. Thanks Craig!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Luclusciano
Valarie H, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh North, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for takiing the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 919.821.0888.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

A colleague and myself traveled to Raleigh recently and had a first class stay at the Wingate by Wyndham on capital blvd. Everything from check in, to the welcoming atmosphere, a quality room, and breakfast on the way out was top notch! Looking forward to staying there again when back in the area.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Valarie H, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh North, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to completer our Guest Survery regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

When we booked I requested adjoining rooms, wasn't told we could only do it with king size bed and two double bed, not the rooms I booked. When we got to hotel we realized we forgot my infant daughters suitcase. I asked front desk about shopping so I could get clothes for her and was told " I only know where the CVS is." Breakfast was not good either. We got down there after a larger group had just left there. We waited 20 minutes before more eggs, bacon, or milk was brought out. Then my older daughter left her phone charger there. I called the hotel, was told it was there and I could come to front desk to get it. I told the front desk we live in WV and I cant drive back 6 hours to get it, could they send it? I was told they "dont do that". Will never stay there again, and will think twice before I stay at any Wingates by Wyndham at all if this indicates how they run their hotels.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank angelica1882

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience dduring your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 919.821.0888.
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stayed at this location for one night mid-week on business. The staff was very outgoing and knowledgeable of the area. I used the fitness room and enjoyed the managers/guest reception with free pizza provided. I had a quick breakfast the next morning and was back on the road. I slept great in my spacious room and heard no noise throughout the night. I would stay at this property again especially for the $$$ value,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Raleigh
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The attractions of Raleigh are less than 8 miles away and our favorite breakfast place, The Waffle House, is right next door. All of the museums and attractions are just a short drive and they serve a wonderful breakfast each morning which is quite convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Valarie H, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh North, responded to this review, May 6, 2014

Raleigh
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The location is close to downtown. The amenities (pool, spa, gym) are all on the very small side, and the breakfast is satisfactory. The rooms are very spacious though and the furnishings are modern.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business