“Wonderful stay!!”

Ranked #37 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Wonderful stay!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My son and I rectently stayed at the Wingate for a concert that we saw at Walnut Creek.

I cant say enough good things about the Wingate. From check in to check out......all was superb!

The rooms were meticulously clean, the staff at the front desk were very helpful, and the breakfast buffet was wonderful. Including the staff member that was there to assit in waffle making.

We will - without a doubt - always stay in this hotel when we go to Raleigh!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rxfiller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mooresville, NC
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We were in Raleigh for our daughter's enlistment in the Coast Guard and were trying to find a reasonably priced hotel in the area nearby. Through TripAdvisor, we located the Wingate by Wyndham, which turned out to be less than a half mile from the MEPS Processing Center.

We were pleasantly greeted by the person behind the front desk who checked us in quickly. Our rooms were clean and well appointed for a mid-range hotel and the bed was comfortable.

The only two problems we had were with the remote, which refused to work even after replacing the batteries with some I had in my luggage and the hot tub wasn't hot at all. When we asked the front desk to help us with this, she indicated that we should just turn on the jets and that would warm the hot tub. We knew this wasn't likely the solution, but we tried anyway ... didn't work.

The breakfast fare in the morning was good, though somehwat limited, but there was something for each one of us to enjoy.

All in all, it sufficed for the night and if we ever need to be in the area again, we would stay there ... hopefully with a working hot tub next time.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are any rooms that are better than others. There is no view, but the room we...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were very pleased to stay at this hotel. It is about 10 minutes from downtown in an area with lots of other hotels and many places to eat nearby. The rooms are clean and comfortable--a couple of chairs, nice desk for working or using your laptop, wifi worked well. Standard high-carb breakfast--well stocked and maintained during the period we were there. However, the king bed in our room was TERRIBLE with a worn-out mattress. We rolled toward the middle and the mattress was so uncomfortable. We got the room for $59 with an online booking. If I were looking for a place to stay again near downtown (we took the FANTASTIC segway tour downtown on Sat morning), I would ask how old the beds are before booking.

Room Tip: Ask how old the beds are!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank owassotraveler
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Everyone that I talked to at this hotel was very nice and helpful............but the room really needed some updating. This hotel was very close to where I needed to be in Raleigh. I read a review that said it was in a bad area...........nothing can be further from the truth. Close to stores etc. The breakfast was good, but average. The rate was one of the best I found in Raleigh.

Room Tip: Need to ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed such a long time ago that I won't write a detailed review. However I wanted to post my pictures because I notice there are not many for people to view. These photos are from a business trip in Feb 10. The hotel room was above average for the rate, bed and living area had been renovated, bathroom had not. If they have upgraded the bathrooms since, then this would be a great value for the rate. What really stands out about this hotel is the service. From the front desk to the lady who busses tables in the breakfast area - everyone is above the mark in service! Super friendly and attentive. The negative would be the location. For a single woman travelling alone there wasn't much nearby to safely walk to. But if I had the need to stay in that area again - I would look at them again for sure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PuraVidaDawn
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The staff was fantastic and the rest of my experience was fine. The room and hotel were very clean and the breakfast was a bit above average. Shower was great and internet was fast. The exercise room was very basic. I asked the front desk if there was a good place to run. They recommended running around the industrial park, which would have been pretty boring. Fortunately, I stumbled upon the greenway on the other side of the Interstate which was a great place to get some exercise outside instead of a small stuffy room with a treadmill. Overall, this a a very reasonably-priced, great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GA
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We had a fine stay, nice and quiet, and everything was clean. That is, until there was a fire (or at least large plumes of smoke from the windows; I didn't stick around to see what was causing them) and all the alarms went off. What's funny is that the alarms, while loud in the hall, weren't terribly noticeable in the room itself--I probably could have slept through them-- and no one on staff seemed to take charge in terms of getting guests out of there. People kept meandering in and out, eating their breakfast, etc. The stupidity of the guests aside, I feel like there should have been some training at some point that covered staff's responsibilities in the event of a fire. Oh well. That aside, though, it really was a nice stay.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family