“Room was good”
Review of Ramada Raleigh

Ramada Raleigh
Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We love staying at the Ramada. It is very near the hospital and we have stayed there for its location.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
BlueRidgeMgr, Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I am so glad to hear you have enjoyed staying with us. As we are so close to the hospital we do have several guests that stay with us who are visiting loved ones there. Guest satisfaction is our top priority so please let us know if we can be of help to you with anything in the future. Thank you again for your comments, they are very important to us.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Raleigh

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My son and I stayed at this Ramada Inn for a night after a Carolina Hurricanes hockey game.

Check-in went very smoothly, and the staff even knew we were here for the game. She gave us directions to PNC Arena (which we really didn't need after all, as it's less than a mile away on a single road, but it was appreciated). The road is well lit, and safe to walk at night.

We got up to our room and it was untouched from the previous night's occupant. In fact, the way the pillows and blankets were piled on the bed, it looked like someone was still in bed! My son thought that was funny, but I certainly didn't.

We went back to the desk and they quickly got us into a suite, apologizing profusely. The room was comfortable and clean, albeit with dated furnishings. We weren't there very long, and that sort of thing - hotel decor - doesn't bother me, especially for the price we paid (very inexpensive).

The complimentary breakfast bar was your average eggs, pancakes, grits, pastries, fruit and so on. Good, but not great.

We will definitely be back to this hotel, because of its location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us! I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for the unpleasant experience you encountered as a guest of our hotel. At Ramada we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness, and unfortunately you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. We have had a few issues with room statuses as we have been training on our new system, but we are working on them every day to make sure things are running perfectly. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and please do not hesitate to contact me directly upon your next stay so that we may make sure your accommodations are top notch. Thank you again for your feedback, it is very important to us!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have stayed at the Ramada Inn Blue Ridge for years - usually for an event in the area. This time it was for a concert - which is right across the street from the stadium. Husband and I left the parking lot, after the concert, and were in the lobby of the hotel within three minutes - can't beat that! In the lobby there is a coffee/hot water machine - cups and sugar etc. which is available - free - 24 hrs. It came in handy as I like a cup of hot tea at night - perfect and the area was very clean and the items looked new.

The bar area was very nice and quite a few concert goers were enjoying discussing how awesome the concert was - met a couple and we chatted for a good hour - all enjoyable. In the morning the comped breakfast buffet had eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, grits, pancakes, bagels, cream cheese - butter - jelly - pastries - cereal - juice - coffee and tea and all was delicious. My potatoes were a bit on the cold side and I ended up not eating them but the meal was tasty.

Did not get to try the pool this time as it was being cleaned and was drained of water - a bit too chilly anyway - but have used it in the summer during previous visits and it is quite delightful - again very clean.

Our sliding glass door (upstairs room - looking out into the courtyard and pool area) did not have a handle on the outside part of it - needs to be fixed - room itself was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I read someone else had stated that the pillows were too large - ours were small - little square type pillows - I did not prefer them at first but soon adjusted and they were comfortable afterall.

The staff were all very friendly and went out of their way to make sure our say was pleasant - another great experience was had at this hotel.

Late checkout which is always a good thing and the Art Museum is just a few blocks away which we went to for a good three hours of viewing. Fantastic time!

Room Tip: Ask for a Courtyard room - as the rooms on the street side of the hotel (first floor) do open to the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BlueRidgeMgr, Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

On behalf of our staff I would like to thank you for your kind words and comments about our hotel. We always look forward to the concert goers coming to stay with us! We are glad it is a quick walk to the arena (especially on the chilly nights) and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our coffee machine and other amenities. I would like you to know that if you happen to find the room pillows not to your liking during your next stay, we do have a different selection available at the front desk. We know that pillows are very personal so we do try and keep a variety on hand for our guests. We have been working very hard on the pool during the winter months, it is now freshly painted with a few more extras, and we expect it to be open Wednesday, April 17th. Thank you again so much for your feedback, it is very important to us! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
BlueRidgeMgr, Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall it was a pleasant stay. I chose this hotel because the others were sold out. I had not stayed at a Ramada in years so decided to book here for it's proximity to the PNC Arena for the Raleigh Rocks half marathon. It is only 2 min drive or 1.25 miles walking to get there! Nice to have a mini fridge and microwave in the room as I got in late so I drove 2 miles to a shopping center that had a Harris Teater and grabbed some soup. I missed breakfast because of the early race start but did appreciate their coffee/hot chocolate machine in the lobby. Bed was comfortable, free WiFi had a good signal. My only concern was as a woman traveling alone, I did not feel comfortable having to go to outside on the side of the building to access my room at checkin but I guess it's a pretty safe area. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a female traveling alone, let them know ahead of time and they will try to get you a room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

I would like to thank you for giving our hotel a try while visiting the Raleigh area! We host the Raleigh Rocks marathon registration each year and have met several very nice people involved with it. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your room and also liked the coffee machine in the lobby. It is relatively new but has been a big hit with our guests! Please know that our staff here are very sensitive to single travelers and we do tell guests that they are welcome to enter the building through the front doors at any time if they are not comfortable with the side entrances. I am sorry if our staff did not suggest this, but you are correct in saying this area is very safe and for the most part very quiet. Thank you again for your feedback, it is very important to us!