“mixed good and bad”
Review of Ramada Raleigh

Ramada Raleigh
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I slept very poorly here. There are some things I didn't like that were dictated by corporate policy and they can't change: (a) Pillows were so large and hard they gave you a neck cramp if you could sleep on them at all. (b) Soap was 'sugared citrus' scent - smelled like cheap PEZ candies - and were in wrappers that were painful to unwrap with arthritis. There were other things which local attention to details could have prevented: (1) Room was stifling hot from its heater. Adjustment to cooler or hotter only brought increased hot air. The vent knob was also broken. (2) in-room coffee maker was missing a base gasket and wobbled near the bathroom sink when brewing. 3) bathroom 'hot' faucet produced only lukewarm water for shaving (4) the bar had a fare selection of good beverages but was poorly equipped - its cooler had such a small capacity nearly every oder required the bartender to either reshuffle everything in it to get the desired item or spend 3-4 minutes going down the hall to a stockroom (5) breakfast started at 6:30am, probably 30 minutes later than most motels in the area. BUT speaking of which, they did have perhaps the best breakfast buffet I've seen lately. Not quite as many items as other but everything was cooked to perfection and in adequate supply the whole time I spent there eating. Also: their fitness room has resistance training machines instead of just cardio equipment - first time I've seen that. Aside from the items mentionjed rooms were nicely furnished.

Room Tip: Check the room's A/C heater, water and appliances as soon as you get there, Bring your own pillo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
BlueRidgeMgr, Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property! While we do our best to maintain a high level of customer service, it is helpful to know what guests are happy with and more importantly what they are not happy with. This way, we know what we need to work on. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, except for the pillows! If you decide to stay with us again I would like you to know that we do have different types of pillows available at the Front Desk for guests that prefer a softer or flatter pillow. I have found that pillows are such a personal taste for guests that it has helped us to carry more than the standard ones in the rooms. I am happy to know you were pleased with the staff and the breakfast buffet. Thank you again for your feedback, it is very important to us.

A Wyndham traveler
Fayetteville
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed her two nights in February. When I checked in the front desk attendants were very pleasant. There was a tray of cookies which seemed really sweet.

Our room was as clean as possible, considering yes.. the place is a little older. We had a balcony that faced the courtyard, and I felt safe. The area seemed very quiet, and it was VERY convenient to the fair grounds, where we were attending an event.

I say "they're really trying" because there were the nice little touches, much like you would see at a more expensive hotel. The cookies in the lobby, the magazines in the room and on the tables in the halls. All neatly arranged... they're really trying to keep this place at an acceptable level. The little exercise room was very nice as well.

The ONLY complaint I had was.. the restaurant... The Capital Room... O..M...G... I'm a vegetarian so sometimes that makes me a "difficult" customer in a restaurant.. but... I am not terribly picky about a grilled cheese sandwich! And how hard is it to pull of one of THOSE?.. It was the worst grilled cheese I have ever had in my life. It was basicly two pieces of toast with a piece of cheese between them. Whch.. Yes.. TECHNICALLY IS a grilled cheese. But anyone that knows a real grilled cheese.. well knows the difference between that and toast. Weird. Unfortunately my husband ALSO had the same, but just laughed it off thank goodness.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT have an adjoining door. Those seem prety thin and we had loud neighbor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for submitting your review of our property. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we appreciate it when our guests make the effort to bring to our attention items that need to be corrected. I am truly sorry for your restaurant experience, as a grilled cheese aficionado I would like to see grilled cheese perfection here. I realize we do not carry enough vegetarian menu items but this is something we are working very hard to correct as well as improve upon. Thank you again for your comments, they are very important to us.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed one night for a meeting, making my reservation was not good. I called the hotel direct when the phone was answered after 6 or 7 rings, I was listening to a personal conversation ??? when I was finally acknowledged that I was on the phone and I requested to make a reservation I was told to call the 1-800 # because there were 2 guests to check in then click... was hung up on. The only reason why I mention this is because if this was my busines I would want to know.
Now all the positive check in was a breeze very friendly desk clerk lobby pretty clean and neat the room was very clean bed comfy bathroom : needed help I did not report the problems because I did not want to move so at no fault of the staff I dealt with it. Poor shower pressure and the toliet would not flush I did report it at check out the clerk said he would report it so it could be taken care of for the next guest. I will stay again because over all the hotel was nice but could not rate it a 5 because of making a reservation and the toliet and water pressure in shower.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our property. I am very disappointed that you had a problem making your reservation. This has already been addressed with the Front Desk staff and we have not had another incident of the issues you encountered. Our level of customer service is of great importance to our staff and myself, and I am sorry we let you down in that department. Thank you for reporting the maintenance issues with your room, and thank you again for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us! If you decide to stay with us again, please let me know and I will make sure your stay is as close to perfect as possible!

A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Reviewed January 28, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
BlueRidgeMgr, Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013