“HELTON”

Ramada Raleigh
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
LouisePMC, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

995 - 1,001 of 1,069 reviews

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is located right off the interstate with plenty of free parking. Rooms are quiet, spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. The lobby area is spacious with plenty of comfortable seating, a fireplace, and a baby grand piano! Hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Free WiFi, hot breakfast, and freshly baked cookies! Hot breakfast portions were a bit small, but there were plenty of continental breakfast items available! When we tried to make online reservations, the Ramada site said that there were no rooms available. We then called the hotel directly and the helpful desk staff told us that not only were there plenty of rooms available, but we could get 20% off the room rate if we brought a toy for "Toys For Tots". This rate was cheaper than the AAA or AARP rates. Will definitely return when back in the area!

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We look forward to your next visit with us!

Warm Regards,

Louise Garrell, General Manager

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel suited my needs just fine. Front desk staff was friendly, and provided a map of the area, which was helpful. It was surprisingly quiet, despite being close to a major road.

Breakfast was a hot-plate breakfast at their on-site restaurant, which I opted out of. I am more interested in fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal. The rooms had a microwave and refrigerator, so it was easy to store my own food in my room.

The towels were great, very thick and absorbent. Also provided great smelling shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and even mouthwash.

1  Thank mmj4817
LouisePMC, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy to hear that your stay with us was great and that you enjoyed the amenities. We hope you will come back and visit with us soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I arrived in Raleigh last Friday evening after an already long week of travel. I attempted to check into the hotel but was told that my company (Meridian Behavioral Health Services) had not yet sent a check for my stay and that my card would be charged for the room. It was already 7PM so I could not reach anyone at the company to inquire about this which left me to have to try and get ahold of someone from my company first thing in the morning, despite having to be at the training at 9AM, which was why I waws in Raleigh in the first place. The front desk staff was very helpful in the morning and stated that there was a receipt from the check my company sent. I am not sure why the night staff stated that there wasn't a check but it caused great stress for me as I had to transfer money from my savings account to cover the cost of the hotel that was already paid for by my company. This could have easily been avoided and I understand that things happen but the staff were unfriendly and rude when I tried to check in and they were wrong about the check as it was already on file. Just an unpleasant experience all the way around.

1  Thank KRISTY W
LouisePMC, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less than top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at lgarrell@pmcproperties.com if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed November 14, 2012