“Near State Fairgrounds”

Ramada Raleigh
Ranked #18 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
“Near State Fairgrounds”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice family friendly hotel. Positive - Service and front desk gpersonnel extremely pleasant. Negative - bed too hard and ac blew cool, damp air. Overall, not too shabby and would probably stay here again due to the location.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LouisePMC, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for being a recent guest. I am happy to hear that our staff and service met your expectations. I am sorry that the bed and the a/c unit did not meet with your needs. I will be working with my team to make sure all our rooms meet our guest expectations. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel was AWESOME! Front desk personnel were extremely courteous and professional...room was outstanding...excellent rate...great location...SUPER close to NCSU! I will DEFINITELY stay here again :-)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LouisePMC, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. Our goal is to keep our guests happy and coming back and your review lets us know that we are on the right track. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went to Raleigh to visit our son who had just started his first semester at NC State, so picked a hotel based on location to campus and price. Got a good price and just minutes away from the center of campus so very pleased. Would also be a good location if you were attending a sporting event as it is on Blue Ridge Rd, just around the corner from football stadium and PNC Arena.

The staff at the desk and restaurant could not have been nicer. I honestly did not realize that breakfast was included until I checked in and was given voucher, and it was a very nice eggs, bacon, hash brown, biscuit breakfast or lighter choices if you wish.

The room was fairly typical but did have a nice desk for me to get some work done while there. TV is outdated, but not a big deal since we weren't in the room much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting with your son at NCSU. I am happy to know that our staff was pleasant and accommodating to your needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thank You!
Crimora, Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We travel a lot, and I must say this has been one of the nicest! Very friendly staff, beautiful and clean rooms, the complimentary breakfast was beyond expectations! Take a walk along the terrance, it is beautiful!!! If we are ever in the Raleigh vicinity, we WILL stay again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LouisePMC, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I am so happy you enjoyed your first stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you! We are always striving to make a great lasting impression on those who stay with us. We hope that you have had safe travels and look to see you again here in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times and always been pleased. It is within walking distance to the flea market at the Fairgrounds (rated by County Living Magazine as one of the top 25 flea markets in the country) and also to the Dorton Arena and the rest of the fairgrounds, as well as being right next door to the NC State Veterinary School. There is easy access to other areas of the Raleigh/Durham area.. The rooms are comfortable, the pool is clean, the employees are pleasant and there is a free sitdown breakfast in the morning! I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: we have always requested smoke free rooms and been satisfied. There is a nice gazebo in the pool cou...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you love our hotel and like all the amenities that we have to offer. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was here for a week while my twins were in the special care nursery of Rex Hospital. I just used the place to shower and sleep. No complaints here. It was clean enough, quiet enough, and near enough to the hospital to make it very convenient. Happy customer.

Oh, they have funny pillows. Strange shape and very hard and stuffed. My boyfriend and I decided to buy new ones in the mall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for you recent review. I hope and pray that your twins are doing well. Thank you for the positive comments on our rooms. I am sorry that the pillows did not meet your needs and I am looking into some alternate choices to offer.
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada while doing research at the NCMA. They were friendly, clean, and allowed my 4lb. Chihuahua to stay. The restaurants food was pricey but good. The room was spacious and quiet, with a nice desk so that I could work. The internet was fast. Breakfast was just OK, waitress was really busy and the food was just OK. Maid service was very thorough.

Room Tip: the rooms near the back have a park like area to walk your dog and are quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly and that you liked your room. Pets are always welcome here at the Ramada Raleigh.