“No Disappointments Here!”
Review of Ramada Raleigh

Ramada Raleigh
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel was AWESOME! Front desk personnel were extremely courteous and professional...room was outstanding...excellent rate...great location...SUPER close to NCSU! I will DEFINITELY stay here again :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
LouisePMC, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your great review. Our goal is to keep our guests happy and coming back and your review lets us know that we are on the right track. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went to Raleigh to visit our son who had just started his first semester at NC State, so picked a hotel based on location to campus and price. Got a good price and just minutes away from the center of campus so very pleased. Would also be a good location if you were attending a sporting event as it is on Blue Ridge Rd, just around the corner from football stadium and PNC Arena.

The staff at the desk and restaurant could not have been nicer. I honestly did not realize that breakfast was included until I checked in and was given voucher, and it was a very nice eggs, bacon, hash brown, biscuit breakfast or lighter choices if you wish.

The room was fairly typical but did have a nice desk for me to get some work done while there. TV is outdated, but not a big deal since we weren't in the room much.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting with your son at NCSU. I am happy to know that our staff was pleasant and accommodating to your needs. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thank You!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We travel a lot, and I must say this has been one of the nicest! Very friendly staff, beautiful and clean rooms, the complimentary breakfast was beyond expectations! Take a walk along the terrance, it is beautiful!!! If we are ever in the Raleigh vicinity, we WILL stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
LouisePMC, General Manager at Ramada Raleigh, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

I am so happy you enjoyed your first stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you! We are always striving to make a great lasting impression on those who stay with us. We hope that you have had safe travels and look to see you again here in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times and always been pleased. It is within walking distance to the flea market at the Fairgrounds (rated by County Living Magazine as one of the top 25 flea markets in the country) and also to the Dorton Arena and the rest of the fairgrounds, as well as being right next door to the NC State Veterinary School. There is easy access to other areas of the Raleigh/Durham area.. The rooms are comfortable, the pool is clean, the employees are pleasant and there is a free sitdown breakfast in the morning! I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: we have always requested smoke free rooms and been satisfied. There is a nice gazebo in the pool cou...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you love our hotel and like all the amenities that we have to offer. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was here for a week while my twins were in the special care nursery of Rex Hospital. I just used the place to shower and sleep. No complaints here. It was clean enough, quiet enough, and near enough to the hospital to make it very convenient. Happy customer.

Oh, they have funny pillows. Strange shape and very hard and stuffed. My boyfriend and I decided to buy new ones in the mall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for you recent review. I hope and pray that your twins are doing well. Thank you for the positive comments on our rooms. I am sorry that the pillows did not meet your needs and I am looking into some alternate choices to offer.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada while doing research at the NCMA. They were friendly, clean, and allowed my 4lb. Chihuahua to stay. The restaurants food was pricey but good. The room was spacious and quiet, with a nice desk so that I could work. The internet was fast. Breakfast was just OK, waitress was really busy and the food was just OK. Maid service was very thorough.

Room Tip: the rooms near the back have a park like area to walk your dog and are quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly and that you liked your room. Pets are always welcome here at the Ramada Raleigh.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We just spent a week here while my son was attending a camp at NCSU. We had a room with 2 queen beds at the back end and it was very quiet. The room was spacious and clean, though dated, as was the entire hotel. One thing important to note about this hotel is that it is next to the NCSU Vetinary College, but a 2.5 mile drive from the main campus. It is located across from the state fair grounds, near a lot of business, and anything you might want to do (at minimum, eat) is at least 2-3 miles away.

Pros:
Location to NCSU
Cost - $75/night
Staff was great
Spacious room and bath
Nice outdoor pool

Cons:
Water pressure in the sink was a trickle. Staff told us that the whole hotel had the problem and that it had to do with the water supply to the building because of the expansion of businesses in the area.
Dated.
Too far away from the action.
Breakfast

The hot breakfast was NOT a selling point. You have three options to choose from: (1) eggs, bacon, home fries and a biscut, (2) biscuts and gravy, or (3) cold cereal or oatmeal with yogurt. Drink options are coffee, milk, orange or apple juice. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I can't comment on that, however our juice glasses were the size of Dixie water cups and we were not offered refills. The one day we ate there my daughter had cold cereal and they only had mixed berry yogurt left. I had the scrambled eggs, which were edible, however the potatoes were too salty to eat.

I probably would have rated the place a 5, had it not been for the water pressure. The showers had special heads and it wasn't a problem in the shower, but by the end of the week the trickle in the sink was really irritating. I had to get in the shower to wash the make up off my face because tyring to get enough water cupped in my hands to rinse my face in the sink was very aggrevating.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us about your recent stay . I want to apologize for the water pressure it is an ongoing issue that we have, and with our area growing have talked to the city to see what can be done to increase the pressure. We are in the planning stages for the hotel to be updated in the near future. I am very sorry that you were disappointed in our breakfast. There are changes that should be in place soon for the breakfast menu with new items added and some additional choices. Regarding your service, you definitely should have been offered refills on your drinks. This is a training issue that I have spoken to our restaurant manager about so that it will be corrected.