“Overall Exceptional Experience”

Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This property is an ideal location. It is very accessible to the 440 freeway. There are two people I will mention that truly stood out to me. They are Theresa M. and Andrew. Honestly, if it were not for the two of them we would not have stayed at this property. Upon check-in, we were told that we could pay with cash as we secured the initial hold with a credit card. This was not the case. Theresa stated she would consult with the manager, which she did. However, Michelle J. (Manager) never came out to address the issue at all. I felt this was extremely unprofessional.

In lieu of the mishap, Theresa and Andrew exceeded my expectations. They were very accommodating and cordial with not just my family....With everyone they encountered.

Hyatt definitely needs model employees as the two of them.

Rooms- nice and comfortable; contains sleeper/sectional in room
Serves hot and cold breakfast
Complimentary w I - Fi

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa C

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed ar the hotel 1 night on our way to Florida from Washington. Helpful staff and everything was just smooth. Nice pool to use after a long drive. Good breakfast. Free parking just outside the door.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank KaritaDK
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Beware if you are accustomed to 5:00PM or 6:00PM cancellation policies. This location's is 4:00PM. Hampton Inn and Marriott Courtyard (both near this Hyatt) cancellation deadline is 6:00PM. Other than that, no complaints.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2014

BEWARE fellow travelers and vacationers of the Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown. Very bad customer service and a public conversation that should have taken place in private. No one from customer service or corporate headquarters cares how the public is treated at this location. Mr. Joseph Smiley, General Manager, and Ms. Kristler Barton, Assistant General Manager are allowed to treat the public anyway they want with no recourse for the consumer. Stay as far away from Hyatt as possible, if you have an issue with any employee you will not get any help from anyone. Also, beware, I was informed by the Mr. Joseph Barton that they do not have to honor any reservation or price if it is booked through one of the travel websites, they also don’t honor reservations made through their own reservation desk. It has been a month since I had my trip for an important graduation ruined by the management of this hotel. I try to look back with great memories of what should have been a great time but it is still over shadowed by the treatment I was subjected to at the Hyatt Place above. Upon arrival my party was told that they did not have the room that we had reserved, a double queen, they only had a room with a king bed and pull out sofa. We told them that we would like to speak to a manager at which point a Ms. Kristler Barton (assistant general manager) came out to the lobby and informed us that there was nothing they could do to accommodate us if we did not take the offered room. One of the front desk helpers said he could call around and see what they could find, Ms. Barton informed us if that happened we would have to pay whatever that hotel was charging per night. Ms. Barton said we would have to take the king room and then we could transfer to the double queen room the next morning. When we protested about moving our belongings twice, she said that the staff would move them for us. Having some valuable computer and camera equipment with us we told her that would not work. She said we had to make a decision, either take the room or leave. The entire conversation took place at the front desk that has a bar and coffee shop attached, so what should have been a private conversation became a public one. We were told we had to make a decision as soon as possible so they could give the room away. One of the front desk personnel said that they had just given the last double queen rooms away. Even though we had made our reservation through the Hyatt reservation desk, they did not have to honor it. One of the parties used his cell phone to call Hyatt reservations and while he was on the phone she told us we would either have to go outside or go somewhere to decide what we were going to do. Our party went outside and while we working with the reservation personnel in Omaha, she came outside and asked if we had made a decision, if not we needed to hurry up. The reservation clerk in Omaha set us up at a different Hyatt Place in Raleigh. I asked Ms. Barton for the name of her supervisor and she gave me one of her cards, I had to ask someone else what his name was. He was not available when I phoned and he did not return my call. When I did catch him (Mr. Joseph Smiley) in he did meet me and we discussed what had happened, he told me that if we use one of the travel websites to book our room they do not have to honor that reservation. He told me he would talk to Ms. Barton the next day and call me at 4:00. He did not call until 7:00 and left a voice message that he had talked with her and if I needed anything else to call him back. I tried customer service and they told me they would give us 5,000 points and would get back in touch with me. After not hearing from them I tried calling corporate, they just put me back through to Mr. Smiley, when I told them I did not want to talk to him. They offered to open a case for my complaint and I am still waiting to hear from them and for our 5,000 points. E-mail account if anyone wants further information Cindylou@outlook.com. Please consider carefully before letting poor customer service detract from what should be a wonderful and memorable time. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank LPS1972
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Lobby is very nice. Staff was excellent! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable, very modern. The pool is outdoors, which I was somewhat disappointed about prior to arrival. However, I was pleasantly surprised when we got there. it was also very clean, and relaxing. There are tables with umbrellas and loungers. They also had water wings and other pool items available for free or a small charge at the desk. Our room had a sectional-style sofa with an ottoman and a sleeper. There was also a very large screen television, a desk, a vanity, and an extra sink near the refridgerator for washing dishes, etc. The beds were very comfortable. The room was not noisy (top floor next to elevators). The breakfast was free, and there was a lot of variety. They serve Starbucks coffee and Tazo Tea. They can even make specialty coffee drinks and cocktails. We enjoyed our short stay, and will definitley stay with Hyatt Place again in the future!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Erica M
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Front desk staff is quick and friendly... Rooms are large and clean. The hotel is located near restaurants and shops.. this was a great stay. Jennifer in housekeeping goes above and beyond. don't hesitate.... Perfect stay.

Room Tip: Just book it.