“Good experience”

Ranked #10 of 85 Hotels in Raleigh
South Denmark, Denmark
“Good experience”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed ar the hotel 1 night on our way to Florida from Washington. Helpful staff and everything was just smooth. Nice pool to use after a long drive. Good breakfast. Free parking just outside the door.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KaritaDK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Beware if you are accustomed to 5:00PM or 6:00PM cancellation policies. This location's is 4:00PM. Hampton Inn and Marriott Courtyard (both near this Hyatt) cancellation deadline is 6:00PM. Other than that, no complaints.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2014

BEWARE fellow travelers and vacationers of the Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown. Very bad customer service and a public conversation that should have taken place in private. No one from customer service or corporate headquarters cares how the public is treated at this location. Mr. Joseph Smiley, General Manager, and Ms. Kristler Barton, Assistant General Manager are allowed to treat the public anyway they want with no recourse for the consumer. Stay as far away from Hyatt as possible, if you have an issue with any employee you will not get any help from anyone. Also, beware, I was informed by the Mr. Joseph Barton that they do not have to honor any reservation or price if it is booked through one of the travel websites, they also don’t honor reservations made through their own reservation desk. It has been a month since I had my trip for an important graduation ruined by the management of this hotel. I try to look back with great memories of what should have been a great time but it is still over shadowed by the treatment I was subjected to at the Hyatt Place above. Upon arrival my party was told that they did not have the room that we had reserved, a double queen, they only had a room with a king bed and pull out sofa. We told them that we would like to speak to a manager at which point a Ms. Kristler Barton (assistant general manager) came out to the lobby and informed us that there was nothing they could do to accommodate us if we did not take the offered room. One of the front desk helpers said he could call around and see what they could find, Ms. Barton informed us if that happened we would have to pay whatever that hotel was charging per night. Ms. Barton said we would have to take the king room and then we could transfer to the double queen room the next morning. When we protested about moving our belongings twice, she said that the staff would move them for us. Having some valuable computer and camera equipment with us we told her that would not work. She said we had to make a decision, either take the room or leave. The entire conversation took place at the front desk that has a bar and coffee shop attached, so what should have been a private conversation became a public one. We were told we had to make a decision as soon as possible so they could give the room away. One of the front desk personnel said that they had just given the last double queen rooms away. Even though we had made our reservation through the Hyatt reservation desk, they did not have to honor it. One of the parties used his cell phone to call Hyatt reservations and while he was on the phone she told us we would either have to go outside or go somewhere to decide what we were going to do. Our party went outside and while we working with the reservation personnel in Omaha, she came outside and asked if we had made a decision, if not we needed to hurry up. The reservation clerk in Omaha set us up at a different Hyatt Place in Raleigh. I asked Ms. Barton for the name of her supervisor and she gave me one of her cards, I had to ask someone else what his name was. He was not available when I phoned and he did not return my call. When I did catch him (Mr. Joseph Smiley) in he did meet me and we discussed what had happened, he told me that if we use one of the travel websites to book our room they do not have to honor that reservation. He told me he would talk to Ms. Barton the next day and call me at 4:00. He did not call until 7:00 and left a voice message that he had talked with her and if I needed anything else to call him back. I tried customer service and they told me they would give us 5,000 points and would get back in touch with me. After not hearing from them I tried calling corporate, they just put me back through to Mr. Smiley, when I told them I did not want to talk to him. They offered to open a case for my complaint and I am still waiting to hear from them and for our 5,000 points. E-mail account if anyone wants further information Cindylou@outlook.com. Please consider carefully before letting poor customer service detract from what should be a wonderful and memorable time. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank LPS1972
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Lobby is very nice. Staff was excellent! Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable, very modern. The pool is outdoors, which I was somewhat disappointed about prior to arrival. However, I was pleasantly surprised when we got there. it was also very clean, and relaxing. There are tables with umbrellas and loungers. They also had water wings and other pool items available for free or a small charge at the desk. Our room had a sectional-style sofa with an ottoman and a sleeper. There was also a very large screen television, a desk, a vanity, and an extra sink near the refridgerator for washing dishes, etc. The beds were very comfortable. The room was not noisy (top floor next to elevators). The breakfast was free, and there was a lot of variety. They serve Starbucks coffee and Tazo Tea. They can even make specialty coffee drinks and cocktails. We enjoyed our short stay, and will definitley stay with Hyatt Place again in the future!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Erica M
BOSTON
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Front desk staff is quick and friendly... Rooms are large and clean. The hotel is located near restaurants and shops.. this was a great stay. Jennifer in housekeeping goes above and beyond. don't hesitate.... Perfect stay.

Room Tip: Just book it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located and withing a short drive of many decent restaurants. Our room was spacious and artfully designed and appointed. The only disappointment in the room was a noisy air conditioner. We turned it off and slept well. Breakfast was included in the rate; we thoroughly enjoyed what was offered in the lobby. Friendly staff topped off the experience. Definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at Hyatt places recently. We stayed there for 1 night on our way to places south. We were visiting friends on the way to FL. This place is a quiet, clean and comfortable place to stay in Raleigh. It's near downtown and well worth a stay if you're in the area. The staff is very accommodating.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends