“Perfectly fine place to stay”

Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at Hyatt places recently. We stayed there for 1 night on our way to places south. We were visiting friends on the way to FL. This place is a quiet, clean and comfortable place to stay in Raleigh. It's near downtown and well worth a stay if you're in the area. The staff is very accommodating.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Arrived in Raleigh in the early hours of the morning and having stayed at other locations of Hyatt Place before I knew that a spacious comfortable room at a reasonable price could be found there and I was not disappointed. The location is good, right next to the highway and only a easy 10 minute drive or so from downtown Raleigh.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in this clean, friendly hotel. The staff always greeted us as we came or went, and they were very helpful with all requests. The beds were the Hyatt Signature beds and are by far the best hotel beds I've ever slept on. The room was very large with plenty of space for myself and 3 teenagers. The pull out bed was even comfy (per the 2 sixteen year olds who slept on it) the pool was large for a hotel pool and the water was maybe a touch too warm but certainly tolerable. The only complaint I have is that someone dumped an old fruit salad in the parking lot and after I reported the mess to the front desk, it was still there 8 hours later though it was cleaned up eventually. I was in town for a convention at the downtown convention center and the drive there was easy. Distance was only about 5 miles but took about 15 minutes with traffic lights etc. Overall, excellent hotel and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sherriebabbas
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Place Raleigh Midtown for two nights while in town for work several weeks ago. Overall my stay was very comfortable: the room is very spacious, bed comfortable - the two most important things to me when staying at a hotel. Staff friendly and accommodating. The only things I didn't like were:
1) Around 9am on the day I was checking out, a cleaning lady banged on my door and asked, "What time are you leaving?" - I found this to be incredibly rude, as a) it was early and I had the Do Not Disturb sign on my door (what if I had still been sleeping?), and b) check out wasn't officially for another few hours.
2) Breakfast is provided in the rate, but pretty mediocre overall. It's nice that they provide something, coffee is decent.
3) Pool wasn't filled and there was no mention of this on the website. I had hopes of relaxing by the pool after my meetings, but wasn't able to.
4) Bathroom area that has the toilet and shower is TINY. I'm a thin person and still had to squeeze my body into a corner of the bathroom in order to open/close the door. While the bathroom set-up overall was good, they tried a little too hard to save space here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel was very accommodating and quickly changed an error in billing. The room was spacious and included a sitting area. The breakfast including many items and the choices were good. The only complaint I had was that the vanity with a bright light was directly located in front of the bed.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret Z
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I found the hotel staff to be extremely friendly. The rooms are well-appointed and spacious. We had two double beds, a living room area with couch, desk, small table, sink, fridge, and microwave. The bathroom set up was nice as well with a spacious vanity outside the shower and toilet area. the Breakfast had plenty of choices including fruit, yogurt, and cottage cheese. The location is close to everything in Raleigh. For the price I paid, you really can't complain about anything. The fitness room was also accessible 24/7 which was also nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MRuss82799
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Hotel staff was friendly. We had a glass of wine at the bar one evening and the lady working was helpful when it came to restaurants, etc. The breakfast had a nice selection of foods, including egg and cheese on an english muffin. The rooms were nice and clean. Can't complain about our stay at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family