Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$71
$85
$294
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsbahama breezewet barsitting areafree breakfastnorth raleighparking lotrooms are spaciousfitness centerking bedstaying at this hotelgreat customer servicewonderful stayconvenient locationfront desk staffhotel roomstaff was friendlygreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I live in Wilmington NC, and sometimes we have to travel to a larger venue to catch a concert or a show. We had purchased tickets to see Rush at the PNC Center in Raleigh, and wanted to stay at a hotel close to the concert, we found the Hyatt place NORTH, which was about 1.4 miles from the concert. The price was good, and it included a decent breakfast in the morning.
First, the staff was very and effortlessly friendly and helpful, a great way to kick things off. The room itself was very roomy with two queen beds and a separate sitting area, and a 42"+ flat screen TV. It had a small fridge and coffee maker, but no microwave.... which is probably better so you don't have to smell what the last party was heating up. Our view was of a brick wall, but it really didn't matter since all you would be able to see was parking lot anyway. When we first arrived we inspected and critiqued, and were happy to see that the room was very clean.

They also had a free shuttle to the concert, but beware, it's a one way trip as they do not pick you up after the show, but a taxi is $10 so no big deal.

Food wise, we ordered a burger from their kitchen and it was big and actually very tasty. After the concert we ordered a late snack, a personal pizza made from scratch, also enjoyable. Breakfast consisted of cereals, Scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, and all sorts of breads and juices.

Over all, the Rush concert was great, the stay was enjoyable, and we look forward to staying there again in the future!

Room Tip: If a view out your window is important, check with the counter when you arrive. We literally had a brick wall in front of our window, but we really didn't care. (No Room Service or spa)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank danbwilm
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Typically when I am traveling, I always stay at the Hyatt. However, after my stay this time I will be staying up the road at the Hilton or another hotel for these reasons:

The staff was impolite especially the front desk. If I am the guest and I ask a simple question it is your job and responsibility to answer nicely, even if you are on your 11th hour of your 12 hour shift. Unacceptable. I was also traveling solo and she wanted me yell out my room number and last name to her across the lobby. What happened to professionalism and privacy?

My room was dirty. The carpet and shower were both filthy. The night stands were dusty and dirty.

Last but not least the toilet tissue in the bathroom was yellow and looked as though it had been soiled with urine and feces.

The sales manager and the front desk clerk seemed not to care and didn't attempt to discount my room. Horrible!!!

Oh and let's not forget about the construction that woke me up every morning at 6 a.m.....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I am usually at this hotel twice a month for business. Front desk staff is always a pleasure especially Teresa. She knows me by first name and always remembers my request. She is a joy to speak with along with the rest of the front desk staff!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Samantha T
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our reservation was through Orbits. $85.00
We were greeted and quickly checked in.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
Room was amazing. Spacious and clean.
Located across from Duke hospital but never heard any noises or sirens.
Close to malls and downtown district.
I would return.

Room Tip: We were on floor 3 two rooms from elevator. The morning staff was a little loud. We were on vacation so sleeping in was our pleasure. Couldn't find bath towels so we called & within minutes we were brought towels. We did find them, they were in the shower on a shelf.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Checked in for a 3 night stay this week to discover bathrooms on most floors "under construction" and greeted with plastic runners down entire hallways. Wish I'd known upon making the reservation that the hotel would be doing repairs. The hotel seems a bit older/ bathrooms are worn - we are not in one of the newly redone rooms. The rooms are larger than normal and have a pull out couch in all rooms which is great for teenagers. Food selection downstairs for happy hour / apps is great. Breakfast was basic but satisfying. Double beds seem small and the in-room heater aged and cranky.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family