“Nice Stay”

Hyatt Place North Raleigh-Midtown
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel rooms were big; esp liked the living room area. Wish they had queen size beds although, the fulls were comfortable. Would have also preferred a bigger lobby, this one was nice, just not enough space for our big group. Liked the choices for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I came to Raleigh for a business trip and stayed a couple extra days so my family can attend the State Fair. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn but my company had a corporate rate with Hyatt Place so I decided to try them. I will never stay at a Hyatt again. It was a horrible experience. Below are just a sample of the issues I had.

- Bed was one of the most uncomfortable I ever experienced in a hotel. Barely could sleep on them.

-Wireless Internet was inconsistent or down most of the stay.

-No hot water, at best it was luke-warm

-Our room was cleaned and when we got to the room, cleaning rags were left behind. Also, the towels they left had pink and red stains on them.

-Rude staff. One example, usually in hotels, if you are waiting for the elevator along with staff members, they let you in then they get in if enough room. A maid got in and shut the elevator in my face.

I reported all this to what I think was management but don't know since they only have one person up front most of the time. Their response was they were sorry and wanted to give me points. I said forget it, I won't ever use them since I won't stay at a Hyatt ever again.

I highly recommend to not staying at the Hyatt!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jose_Charlotte
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were very happy to find a very good rate here. I was nervous it would not be all that nice given the price. However, I was delighted when we got to the hotel which was highly updated. We had a beautiful room with a king bed, huge tv and a large sectional sofa.

Even better, they allowed us to bring our dog. He was very happy to make the sofa into his bed when we were out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have really gotten spoiled by the Hyatt Hotels in the area! My previous stay was at the Hyatt Home location near the airport. All of my experiences with Hyatt have been fantastic. As I walked into the lobby I knew it was going to be great. The hotel had the most fantastic smell. The rooms were of course fantastic, the staff helpful and friendly and everyone from the front desk to the cleaning crew spoke and made you feel welcome. I was so happy upon arrival because I had been booked into the Holiday Inn North and it was terrible. I checked out and moved into the Hyatt as soon as they had a room available! I would advise anyone staying in the Raleigh area to locate a Hyatt place or Hyatt home if they want full kitchens and have a longer stay. Hyatt is truely the way to go!

Room Tip: Hyatt Home locations have full kitchens and are great for extented stays or as a way to cut down on...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LRP222
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Someone wrote, 'if you end up in Raleigh, go there' or something similar. There are other Hyatt Place's in the area, which should be known. This location is not the nearest near the airport.

Our experience; no manager party or happy hour or free bev/snacks. Not sure why nothing was offered, the hotel seemed plenty busy. The premises were clean and towels were stocked.

If you like free sliced grapefruit for breakfast as a fruit option, this place is for you.

Within walking distance is Bahama Breeze, big plus.

There is a shopping mall a exit wet, certainly many shoppes to check out if time allows.

All and all, nice but not blown away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mac_Maximum
Reviewed September 29, 2012

On first blush, this nice hotel has an older feel - maybe a little bit of 1970s architecture and styling... but it is well kept. From start to finish, I had a fantastic experience.
The check-in was simple - and the room was very large and spacious. I loved the long chaise lounge/sofa... the work area was nice... the big flat screen TV was a super addition... the bed slept wonderfully... the bathroom was a little tight but adequate... and overall, the room was plush, spacious, and very comfortable.
The breakfast wasn't overwhelming choice-wise, but the food was high quality. The ready-made muffin with egg, cheese, & Canadian bacon was tasty... as were the pancakes. The hot oatmeal had lots of topping choices. I particularly liked the cottage cheese topped with assorted fruit. The coffee was high caliber, too --- and there was ample seating (spread across the Lobby, not just crammed in an eating area).
I also appreciated the new local newspaper - that was a nice touch. I did not need the staff much - but when I did ask for a wake-up call and later for directions - they were extremely nice and helpful. My check-out was a breeze.
What more can you ask in hotel? I would highly recommend Hyatt Place, North Raleigh to anyone.

Room Tip: They have a Starbucks - which was a nice little surprise
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband one weekend in August 2012. The staff was freindly. The rooms were clean.The pricing was perfect and there were plenty of places nearby (walking distance) to eat.
I have stayed at quite a few Hyatt Place's and once again they did their thing !

Hyatt Place,
Keep up the good work :-) but....... could you work on the Pay Per View prices ?? A movie was about a 1/4 of the price for a nights stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family