“nice hotel”

Ranked #10 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
NJ
“nice hotel”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Hotel is nice. Check in was ok, nothing special. I am a platinum member & didn't feel that special welcome that I have felt at other locations. I requested a room at the end of the hallway, and they accomodated. I am not sure if that was a wise move as at 1am I heard doors slamming--not sure if it was the stairways door or the housekeeping door---either way, it did wake me up. The room was exactly as it looked in the pictures on the website. The flatscreen tv swivels to face either the "living room" or the bed. It is nice having a 1/2 wall divider between rooms. The couch is comfortable and it turns into a bed. There is a wet bar area & has a mini fridge. There is a workspace area & they offer free wi-fi which works great. The bathroom & room was clean. There was 1 piece of string on the floor, not sure if it was there or it was from us, but the housekeepers did not vaccuum it up. It was clearly visable. I do not know how often they vaccuum. Beds were extremly comfortable. There is a bahama breeze right in front of hotel that you can walk to. The Hotel provided free breakfast. It was very good. They had cereal, fruit, steel cut oatmeal, toast, pancakes or waffles, egg sandwiches, muffins, cottage cheese, juice, coffee, flavored teas. I think it was good. Not a lot of tables, but we went early so that wasn't a problem. They have an outdoor pool, it wasn't covered so I don't know if it was open, but it was too chilly to use if it was open. They messed up our bill & charged us more that what the room should have been. I called the front desk & they said that they would change it, so just double check your bill. They have ample free parking.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is our hotel of choice. It was a wonderful stay. We've stayed in most of the hotels in that area and this was by far the best stay. We are looking forward to our nexxt visit. Thanks to cheaphotesl.com we will be back again real soon. I will highly recommend the Hyatt to all of my friends and family!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Kenny's show was in Raleigh on a Friday night, and only 1:15 from home...but more fun & safer to not hurry & stay over. Stay frequently at the Hyatt Place brand, like the layout & feel. First time at this location.

Didn't arrive at hotel until 1:30am due to after show party at the venue, so it was late...but it took a long time to check in! Lady at the desk was alone & not in a hurry. Only room available was on the first floor, but considering the late arrival I couldn't complain.

Of course the room was the standard Hyatt layout, but it was very musty. Not sure the reason, too late to try to figure it out, and too tired to complain or switch rooms...if there was another to switch to. Bathroom wasn't very clean either. We were up early with our hangovers and out the door. But this was not my best Hyatt experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I decided to get the "Romance Package" as it was my husband's birthday. This included a bottle of wine and two tickets for a menu item and drink. We checked in and the staff was super friendly and even apologized for the fact they did not have WiFi and probably wouldn't for our stay. Our room was perfect, exactly as pictured online. It was very clean and spacious. We went out for the evening and came back close to midnight and ordered food with our coupons, and the staff again were very friendly and helpful. I got the chicken wings and my husband got the quesidilla. Both were extremely good, hot and fresh. My only complaint was the fact that we had a 7:00 a.m. wake up call even though we didn't ask for one. The breakfast was hot and fresh too. I am definitely coming back!!!!

• Stayed January 2012
Connecticut
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt on our road trip to Florida and this was one of the best hotel experiences we've had in our extensive travels.
Arriving early (9:30am) after a long night on the road we didn't expect early check in but once I explained our situation to the front desk we were able to check in right away. The room was spacious and well appointed with a huge flat screen TV, small kitchen area and work desk. This hotel looks brand new and the staff works hard keeping it that way. Since our stay was off season there were several sprucing up projects going on but none of this interfered or inconvenienced guests. The staff was a delight to interact with and the included breakfast was very good. They had fresh fruit, pastries, breads, cereals, gravy and biscuits plus other tasty treats. The coffee was awesome!
They have a lounge area/bar and a service kitchen for room service. There is a Bahamas Breeze restaurant right across the parking lot which was very good with a fun atmosphere.
For the price this was a steal of a hotel. Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Edmitchell66
Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed a weekend in December. We are very pleased with out choice. Rooms are spacious, with a large sitting area, widescreen, fridge, free wireless and very comfortable bed. They provide a free continental breakfast and the staff is fantastic here...no lie. Marcus is a wonderful greeter and rep for the hotel. Although a bit of a drive to get downtown, its a great choice for balancing your budget with a special room.

Room Tip: request rooms away from elevators.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My room wasn't the cleanest, it was OK. The manager was very helpful in researching some information that was very helpful to my trip. The staff are very friendly. They are always smiling and asking how your day went. My room was great; a comfy king bed, a very large couch with a huge ottoman, a mini fridge. The TV was on a swivel to watch in bed or on the couch. Had really 2 rooms in one, a living room with a half wall then the king bed. close to 2 shopping malls. Costco and Walmart on the main street just outside the hotel. 2 convenient bus stops just out the door from the hotel. Restaurants close by, walking distances.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th out of 6 floors. Quite quit, could hear hotel room door close across the hall, not...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo