“Another great stay!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree
Ranked #20 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Headed to NJ from Florida (for our son's wedding) with our 2 small dogs. We actually travel a little out of our way to stay at this hotel, as we are actually traveling on 95 for most of our trip. The rooms are clean, and the staff is very accommodating and friendly. The free breakfast is wonderful; there is fresh fruit, yogurt, lots of danish, cereal, granola bars, muffins, and my favorite, belgian waffles. We look forward to staying here again!

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

First time staying at this hotel in Raleigh. Upon checking in I was greeted by 2 constantly ringing phones and a sign that read, "I'll be back in a few minutes." After several minutes, a pleasant young woman came up, apologized for the wait and promptly checked me in (the phones had stopped at this point.)

As I entered my room (220), I was about knocked over with a heavy musty, mildew smell. The ac was turned off, so I immediately turned it on. After a couple of minutes, it wasn't any better so I called the front desk. After many rings, the same clerk answered. I told her the situation. She said that they MAY have another room, but she was checking in multiple guests and asked if I could wait in the room, "for a few minutes", and she would call me back. 15 minutes later, I called and told her I was coming down.

At the desk, she told me that they had had some rain leaking "issues" in a couple off rooms "in that section a couple of weeks ago." She located me in another room down the hall. This second room was neat, clean, and without issue.

Otherwise, the property was reasonably clean and new looking.

In summary, my main issues are:

1. If management knew there was a leak issue, why keep the room active?
2. On this visit, the property was grossly under-staffed

Next Raleigh trip, I will give this property one more chance.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Enjoyed my stay. Room was very clean and staff was extremely nice. Would recommend to others. Did not get an opportunity to utilize the workout room or pool but will definitely do so on my next visit. Hotel was very close to the mall and training center. Parking was not bad either.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We booked this hotel on purpose because it had a hotel. Three different factions/ employees told us different open times for the pool. It was marked that it would open at 9 AM. By 3 PM, we were fed up and called the front desk, only to hear that the pool wouldn't be opening during our entire vacation. When I spoke to the receptionist, she said they would refund our money, then the manager refused to, simple as that. He was very condescending in manner, and I didn't appreciate it at all. I will not be returning, and I will be giving them a bad reference to anyone that asks.

3  Thank Clarence R
Reviewed May 19, 2014

La Quinta Inns are usually well kept, clean, and the staff helpful. this is no exception. the rooms were exstremely clean. the grounds, lobby and reception area was inviting and the food pleasent. i was not disappointed in this stay and plan on using La Quinta Inns as much as possible.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I chose it partly as it is within two miles of family whom I was visiting, but it has other good points too: a spacious room, clean (though not all that new) room furnishings, helpful staff and a reasonable breakfast (on the morning when I didn't have breakfast elsewhere with family). The lift up to the fourth floor required patience, though: I said to a fellow guest "It's OK - we'll get there by tomorrow!" It is in inner suburban west Raleigh with the Crabtree shopping mall nearby (though I didn't try this out). Downtown Raleigh has museums of North Carolina life.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was our first trip to Raleigh NC to celebrate our Nephew's NCSU graduation. When we walked in to our room, I could swear we were at a high end competitor's hotel. Beautiful room, immaculate bathroom and extremely comfortable bed. No pet fees either. Highly recommend.

1  Thank carolynf791