“Nice hotel, overpriced, but good experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree

La Quinta Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Raleigh
Baltimore
“Nice hotel, overpriced, but good experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

I was here for a day, but the rooms were nice, well mine was at least. Lobby was nice and clean. Had a great scent as I walked in, like pine sol. My room was clean and had a comfortable bed. The guy next door to my room was very loud when he was on the phone, I could hear every word he said, which means the walls are either to thin, or that guy was tooo loud! The hallways were clean and this hotel is much nicer then most la quinta inns that I stayed at in the past. Good experience and nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2008
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
raleigh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

We went in to our room and the TV didn't work. contacted the front desk and they brushed it off. next morning house keeping started knocking on our door at 8a.m. . After telling them we did not want our room cleaned 3 times they came in to the room while we were still in bed. talked to the front desk and they told us that they took $20 off of the price of the room and were changing the room. went back up to the room to have house keeping harass us another 5 times. changed room this time internet didn't work. maintenance came and fixed it. next morning 8A.M. housekeeping came in the room no knock. I have had a better stay at the motel 6. The Hilton was the same price should have stayed there this hotel just was closer to where i needed to be.

• Liked — easy checkin then you are traped
  • Disliked — house keeping harrassing you
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank billw129
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

The hotel was nice, not too many complaints. I will probably shop around next time though because I'm sure I could find something even nicer for the same price. My biggest complaint would be the smell .. the room smelled, the hallways smelled and the stairwells smelled old and musty. Front desk staff was very friendly, quick and easy check-in and checkout.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Anywhere USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

I paid $111 a night, I guess due to a Hurricanes hockey game going on in the city and hotel prices were generally elevated or booked. Embassy Suites was $300/night, and I was not going to pay that for only a 3 star. So I chose LaQuinta.

The hotel is in a relatively safe, secluded area behind Crabtree Mall, and is grouped with a Marriott Residence Inn next door as well as other midrange hotels.. More parking spaces in the front of hotel would have been nice. The single, roughly 15ft by 15ft King bedroom had a faux wood floor entrance, and dark blue carpeting. The bathroom in the room was clean as well as the bathroom downstairs on the ground floor (big plus). Very comfortable bed. Large LCD tv was nice. Came with a mini ridge and microwave.

I have allergies and this hotel chain is pet friendly...which I really hate!!!! Why do people bring their dogs to hotels!!! There was pet hair on my socks in the room, but the carpet otherwise looked vacuumed. There were 2 long hairs on one of my towels!!!. There was no lotion, shower gel or shower cap, and I paid too much money for the room not to have this.

I've been to other mid range hotels that also had better free breakfast that included yogurt, different types of sweets, eggs, sausage fresh fruit, etc.... LaQuinta's breakfast was extremely modest compared.

All things being equal, I might stay at this hotel again, as a last resort and before I would stay at a Holiday Inn.

• Liked — large lcd tv
  • Disliked — pet friendly
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
St. Simons Island, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2007

This hotel has just renovated the rooms and they all have LCD tv's and brand new pillow top matresses!!!! That made me one happy girl! Plus you can order all kinds of movies that are still in the theatres. I stayed here alone with my 15 month old son and really enjoyed it. They provided a crib for my son to sleep in and everything! The only draw back was that it was very hard to get a luggage cart and once I found one it was very old and hard to push holding a 30 lb baby. There was only one employee in the lobby so I couldn't get assistance. Other than that it was very clean and nice!

• Liked — the
  • Disliked — rickety elevator and luggage cart
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
New York, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2007

All i can say is the hallway carpet is full of stains on the way to the elevator and the entire hotel reeked of smoke. I couldn't even go to my room i was so disgusted! There was a guy on the floor smoking on the way to my room, and i requested a no smoking room, maybe next time i should ask for a no smoking hallway, since we all know smoke travels.
I have no idea how these other people can praise this hotel.
It was so bad that i had to look for an other room at midnight after 12 hours of flying. You can image how thrilled i was to HAVE TO do this, and I'm no princess.
Spare yourself the agravation.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank aovss
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2007

Stayed for two nights for an NCState football game. My team, UCF, won! It's a great location, an easy two or three miles from the stadium.
For a budget hotel, this place is amazing. It's been newly remodeled and everything is new, clean and kept up beautifully. This is by far the best $60 a night room I've ever gotten (from LaQuinta.com's Weekend Deals). I've stayed in a lot of La Quinta Inns and this is the nicest, by far.
It's in a good location, right near a large upscale shopping mall with chains like PF Changs and Cheesecake Factory to eat, there's also a McDonalds within walking distance. Otherwise, not much is in walking distance.
The hotel is right off the interstate, but in the trees enough to be quiet. There are a couple more hotels around it that are also good quality. No eyesores.
Breakfast is great. The normal stuff, plus waffle makers, hard boiled eggs and biscuits with sausage gravy.
The new beds are almost luxury standard. The most comfortable bed in a budget hotel, or any hotel, you could find.
Showers are very good, too. Not too powerful, but certainly not too slow.

I really have no complaints about the La Quinta Crabtree. It was a great location and it would have been worth the price if I would have paid double what I paid. Excellent hotel at an unbelievable price.

Off-Topic Note: If you are a coffee drinker, find your way to Cup A Joe on Hillsborough St., on your way to the NCState University Main Campus. They roast their own beans and make the best coffee I've ever had. This place was a great find.

• Liked — Remodeled, Comfortable Bed, Clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends