“Roach in instead of days inn”

Quality Inn Raeford
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Raeford
punxsy, pa
“Roach in instead of days inn”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We were visiting with family that live near by and booked the room for a few nights...the orginal rooms we were given we had gone out and bought cleaning suplies to clean the tub and shower there was used moldy soap bars in the shower..the cleaners were not even cutting thru the dirt.....we complained and were given other rooms on the second level the bath rooms were not as bad but you could tell where they sprayed cleaning agents and never srubbed it out...other family members killed roaches in their room and infact brought them back home with them how disgusting is that that is why we called it the roach in ..my father killed one crawling on him while sleeping!!! i would not bath my two yr old in that tub we bathed her at our relatives house

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2009

For over $70, I was not impressed. The pool was not open. The surfaces in the room were damaged. No pictures on the walls. The toilet was not clean. There was a dead bug in between the sheets. The "free" continental breakfast was a joke. There was coffee and stale danish. No fruit, fruit juice, cereal, toast, muffin etc. The wall are too thin. I was awaken by people in the next room around 12:30 am. The noise was so loud I was going to call the police. Then I listened and realized that they were speaking in normal speaking tone. Don't waste your time or money. You can sleep in you vehicle and get better results.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Raeford hotels

Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed April 5, 2009

Stayed here on a Friday night while doing business in the area. The room was fine as for cleanliness and comfort other than a wash rag that had been left hanging on the shower head and obviously over looked by the maid. There was a coffee maker in the room with plenty of coffee and tea packs, also had shampoo and soaps in the bath room. As for the breakfast.....Forget it.. I got there by 8am the next morning and all that was there were Muffins or dried out Pastries and only six of each and coffee .No cereal or bread. For aprox 70 bucks a night I was not impressed with the breakfast,.. I had a half a pastry and went to Hardee's.

Over all this stay was not as bad as expected due to reading the previous reviews, but I had to work in this town the next morning and it was already late when I got there so I took my chances . Room # 110 was not bad as you can see in the pictures, the staff at the desk was friendly , but due to the costly price and poor breakfast I'll most likely just stay in Fayetteville on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Ontario
Reviewed April 29, 2008

This Days Inn is far from what the pictures listed on it's website show. The room we were in was dirty I was afraid to sit on the toilet. The same hair,dirt and paper that was behind the bathroom door when we arrived to our room was still there when we left. There was food on the counter from the previous people.
My husband had to clean the shower before he would get into it. They just spray the cleaner and leave it. You could tell because there was soap scum in the tub and you could see where the cleaner was sprayed and left to run. There was smeared cleanser on the mirrors. No irons in the rooms as stated. No coffee pot either.They advertise a continental breaksfast but by 7 am there was no coffee at all let alone one of the donut holes they offered in a paper bag. I think the photos were taken when the hotel first opened and everything was new because that is not what we walked into. Truly disappointed in this Days Inn when normally they are pretty good. Definatley not what is advertised on their website!

• Liked — Right in town!
  • Disliked — Cleanliness was very dirty.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
Reviewed February 20, 2008

My father and I stayed here while visiting Raeford. I found the hotel to be completely disgusting, The bathrooms, beds, and vanity were all disgusting. Remnants of previous tenants where present, in our room. The towel bar fell out of the wall when touched, had I noticed , upon my late arrival, the state of the room; I would have left immediately.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Frederick, MD
Reviewed January 17, 2008

This hotel needs some TLC. The grounds, curbs, parking area all need to be cleaned along with the so called continental breakfast area. The continental breakfast consists of caffeinated only coffee and a few older donuts. The sign was not up so it was hard to see and the cloudy fish tank had dead fish floating in the lobby for the whole weekend we were there. Too bad it could be a top notch motel since there isn't anything within 15-20 miles for competition! I wouldn't pay over $50 for this motel in the state it is in right now. Hope this helps them to get in shape.

The faucet in the sink was not attached and the entire toilet moved.

• Liked — Location to the wind tunnel
  • Disliked — overall appearence and continental lite breakfast??
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raeford
WoodSpring Suites Fayetteville Fort Bragg
#2 of 12 in Southern Pines
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hope Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Fayetteville/Fort Bragg
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Southern Pines Aberdeen

Been to Quality Inn Raeford? Share your experiences!