“Stayed on business but wished I'd been on holiday”

Hestraviken Hotell & Restaurang
Ranked #1 of 1 Hestra B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel was booked for me by my office and I must say it was a wonderful experience. The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful with a good sense of humour.
The restaurant was good although my main course was a little tepid. The dessert and the starter were however excellent.
My room was beautifully decorated and equipped. My only regret was that I was not there with my wife and staying longer. Oh well I know know where I will stay when I'm next in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've been coming here for more than 12 years and the quality of food including the spectacular Christmas Table never fails to impress. The rooms are very well appointed, clean and comfortable and a short walk from the restaurant. Staff are always helpful and even humour my poor Swedish! There is an outside pool but as such it's not been tempting enough to dive in as usualy here in November/December when there is snow on the ground. Wonderful countryside and only a short drive from the ski area of Isaberg.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here with my mum for some pampering and had a lovely time. The spa room was great (would be very romantic for a couple as it was private) and we wished the package we got had included a bit longer in there.
The 4 course dinner that came with the deal was absolutely amazing. Fine dining at its best! They had another part to the restaurant too and we didn't look at that menu, but it looked nice too (but I would definitely recommend the fine dining part!)

The staff at reception and restaurant were all professional and friendly, and the room (we had a cottage) was clean and tidy.

The only downside is the road that goes past the accomodation. It would have been nicer for the cottages to be tucked away from the road. It's not a very busy road though.

Walking and cycling trails in the area are plentiful and the we went for a little stroll down to one of the lakes in the evening which took about 30 mins round trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed 5 days here over Thanksgiving for a business trip. From the heated floors of the bathroom, to the modern amenities, energy efficient rooms, spectacular round rock shower, beautifully decorated restaurant, delicious food and incredibly gracious staff- this was perhaps the best sales meeting I have ever attended. I hope someday to return and to stay for a little while longer. A few others in our group stayed in the cottages, they were very nice as well, if not quite as modern as the updated rooms near the pool.

And while it was hard to be so far away from home during the American holiday of Thanksgiving, the staff was sure to make us feel welcome. What a lovely place and people. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: The rooms just around the corner from the restaurant, near the pool, are a little more modern than t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at Hestraviken for 3 nights during a cross Sweden drive. I booked it based solely on its website and tripadvisor reviews (which were few.) We wanted a truely rural location in central smaland...and rural it is! As it turns out we were more than pleased with our choice.

The 40 rooms are scattered around the property, some as single "cottages" and others in small buildings. We reserved one of their new deluxe river view rooms, room 33 directly behind the reception house.(Note: some of these river view rooms are on a lower "basement level"...if this matters with you check before you book) These rooms are directly on the Nissan River with extremely beautiful views.The decor is very tasteful Scandinavian contemporary. Very high quality furnishings and finishes. A large sliding glass door opens onto a small deck overlooking the river. There was a small sofa and two upholstered chairs and a flat-screen tv (not many channels). Oddly there is no dresser or desk. The bathroom was a good size and stylishly modern also with a large window with river view. Only a glass shower, but good water pressure. Bigest disappointment was the lack of bathroom amenities: only liquid soap dispeners at the sink and shower. Towels were basic, but in good condition. The kingsized bed was very comfortable with good quality linens. Good lighting and free wifi were appriciated. Everything is very clean and well maintained.

Reception was very helpful and friendly. There are bicycles and row boats for guest use. The grounds are beautifully maintained. The restaurant is very attractive with excellent and friendly service. Our meals were very good and of high quality with very good presentation. Breakfast was much more than expected with a variety of hot items on the buffet.

Overall a very delightful stay that exceeded our expectations. I would probably rate it higher if the "soft product" was improved: for the price there should be quality bathroom products, larger, thicker towels, perhaps a basket of fruit/cookies upon check-in and availability of room service.

One of the few properties where the pictures on their website are very accurate!

Room Tip: There is great variety of room types...do your homework to select what is best for you. There are ad...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lladnar
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay. The rooms are a little rustic, but clean and comfortable.
The grounds are lovely, with bicycles and canoes free for guest use.
The best part is the restaurant. Breakfast is fresh ,with a very good variety of Swedish specialties.
Dinner was delicious !
Desserts amazing and a good wine list.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This Hotel is a bit remote but the setting is just beautiful. Rooms are in log Cabins set throughout the grounds. The restaurant is in one of the original buildings and is worth a visit. Food was good and the service is excellent. We had great views over a lake form our rooms. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank skull0107

Been to Hestraviken Hotell & Restaurang? Share your experiences!