“How did someone consider this not terrible? Was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I wrote a review before but I guess someone deleted it. Long story short. Worst hotel ever and I've seen a pimp use his strong hand at an Econo Lodge in 98 in Jacksonville FL ask my brother.

Rooms smelled HORRIBLE. Mine wasn't as bad as my coworker;s. I'm not sure how he could sleep without a clothespin on his nose, I stayed in his room for 30 mins drinking a couple brews and I wanted to puke the hole time. Oh and My coworker also got flea bites.

They have a pool, but there was stuff floating in it. Not sure what.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank JA2001
popinn, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

On behalf of new managment, after reading your review, I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience at this property last year. Since we got involved in the property in 2012, we have implemented many upgrades and continue to renovate, as you can see from the positive feed back this year. We have endeavered to review all comments and suggestions, and take whatever steps necessary to correct.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

If you love history, DO NOT just pass through the tiny town of Plymouth NC and thereby miss excellent stories of the Civil War as told by Harry Thompson at the Museum. And when in Plymouth, consider staying at the Port O'Plymouth Inn. It's not fancy but it is clean and reasonably priced. I first stayed here 30 years ago and still find it convenient to the remarkable town of Plymouth (which can't be appreciated unless you get out of the car and talk to the people.) TV good sized, beds are comfortable though not the newest; the staff friendly. And if you go much further toward the coast, Ouch!!! - You'll pay for it - at least during summer resort time. There is a "club" or former lounge in the back but it appears vacant. The front desk has a high barrier which is awkward and the breakfast is miserable. A Mexican restaurant is a few feet away and does offer moderately good food at a good price and Margaritas. Though near highway I did not hear road traffic. Room was quiet.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank daffodilsunday
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I was in town on business. This hotel was bad. The room was not clean. They have no hot breakfast. I did not feel safe .

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank roserose9365

Reviewed May 24, 2010

I was surprised at the clean, spacious and the recently renovated rooms. My rooms had a fridge and microwave, high speed wireless internet and hair dryers, iron and ironing boards were available at my request. Thanks to the pet friendly rooms we were able to bring the family dog with us. The beds were very comfortable, I as well as everyone in my family had a great night sleep. The front desk staff was very friendly,welcoming and extremely helpful. They did everything they could to ensure that our stay was a pleasant one. Housekeeping staff was friendly and helpful as well, they kept our room clean and equiped with everything that we needed. I could not have asked for a better stay and would recommend port o plymouth to anyone traveling through plymouth. We will stay with them anytime we are traveling the area. THANKS TO EVERYONE AT PORT O PLYMOUTH INN!!!!! WE WILL SEE YOU ALL AGAIN SOON!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2010

First let me start by saying, this is not a "name brand" hotel, but I must say, our stay was well worth it! Surprisingly, the rate we paid was low, even though you would have expected to pay more just from the look of the Inn!! The Port O Plymouth offers a nice breakfast selection and beds with sleep quality comparable to any Holiday Inn Express. This hotel is up-to-date and offers an atmosphere that is very inviting for couples, families, and well as someone traveling for business. The hotel manager and staff were very personable and friendly, a plus in my opinion! I would definitely recommend you give this hotel a try if ever you are in the area! [--]

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My husband and I were on our way to the beach when he decided to stay in Plymouth. The people their are will friendly but, it was the smell and the bugs that got me. I enjoy the town and the sites but having to sleep with the bugs was nasty. Their were people outside our door cursing I was afraid. Never Nerver again I told all my family and his.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PlymouthWhitegirl

Reviewed June 25, 2009

The only two good things I can say about this place - the linens were clean and the price was right. Otherwise pretty horrible. Shoddy repairs, cigarette burns in the bedspreads, shredded curtains, no basic toiletries, thin walls. The piece de resistance - checking under the beds before we left only to find a rolled up playing card probably used for snorting drugs. EE-WW. The owner of the establishment should be ashamed. And should learn the magic of decent paint job and good lighting.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ChrisC76

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express
#4 of 8 in Edenton
Athol Plantation
Athol Plantation
#6 of 8 in Edenton

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!