“A SPOT AT THE FRONT WINDOW IS SUPER!”

The Garden Spot Cafe
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I visited The Garden Spot on April 23 alone--arrived a little early--and headed for that special spot at the front window. Being alone, it was great to sit at the window and watch the world go by. It was the second time I had been there--and enjoyed it just as much as the first time! The food is great, and the waitress had that "southern hospitality" personality that put me instantly at ease. I was pleased to have visited again! The club sandwich was humongous--enough for two people! THE place to be in Plymouth for lunch!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Me and my husband had the opportunity to eat at the "Upstairs Steamer Bar" in "The Garden Spot Cafe in Plymouth, NC this evening. It was recommended to us by the clerk at our hotel. It was a great suggestion. The atmosphere is like the "Cheers" restaurant in the old TV show. All the locals go to this fresh seafood steamer bar. When we got there it was about 7 pm. Not many folks there but by the time we left, it was full! We got the 1 lb of steamed in shell shrimp. It was the best that I've ever tasted. Just the right amount of Old Bay Seasoning. We both had margaritas and they were delicious too. The service is excellent. If you get a peck or 1/2 peck of steamed oysters, the shuck them right in front of you. The prices are quite reasonable. For our meals, I had a grilled shrimp wrap. Not only was the shrimp grilled but the whole wrap was after being filled. That melted the cheese inside and it was to die for! My husband had fried oysters that he said was prepared just right. Before I left I had a glass of their sweet tea and you can not find better sweet tea anywhere in the south! This place is worth planning your beach trip around. It's right on the way to Manteo, NC and the outer banks. Once again, the service, atmosphere and food were fantastic. Prices good too!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a nice spot to eat if you ant something more than your average fast food fare and you happen to be in Plymouth, NC. They make good sandwiches and usually a good lunch special during the week. Weekends they are open at night with a more sustantial menu. They also have a new Oyster Bar around the back. I haven't tried it, but I have heard good reviews from those who have.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

always a great place to eat and see friends. wraps are my favorites, and the service is the best we have seen .