“pleasantly surprised”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was leary at first because of some of the reviews I saw but the lady at bojangles which happens to be right in front of the hotel said they were under new management. So we stayed and I have to say I am glad we did. One of the best hotel experiences we have had. The front desk clerk Vicky was awesome. I was there with my 2 teenage daughters on the way home from the outer banks and she was very helpful. Our room was clean and for once I didnt have to ask for extra pillows as there were 4 on each bed. Nor did I have to go down for extra towels. Glad we stayed and will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kely1978
Diane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for your gracious remarks. We take pride in being the best place in town. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was a great motel for a great rate. The staff was very helpful. The room we were given smelled of smoke and when we went back to the desk we were immediately given a different room. The rooms were large, clean, and bright. The bed was very comfortable. The next morning we were surprised at the breakfast bar. It had much more than danish and coffee. The dining area for the breakfast was large and very clean.
Overall this was a good experience and we would definately stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jermoore
Reviewed March 31, 2012

After our disaster at the "inn" down the road, we went to this hotel. Much, much, much better. Very clean. The beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast was very good for a complementary breakfast! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My Dad and I stayed at this hotel while visiting our family in the area. Andrea and Felicia, who worked the front desk, were exceptionally helpful throughout our stay. The room was alright, considering the alarm clock was not working, and the desk telephone was broken. I had a problem with my door lock when I first arrived and Diane, the manager came to check it out. I was so unimpressed with her that I didn't even bother turning in the other items that were not working; I preferred getting along without them to listening to another one of her spiels. “The straw that broke the camel’s back,” was on Wednesday with Amanda's handling of my checkout. I made reservations using one debit/credit card and paid at checkout with another. Amanda said my funds on the first card would be released from their "pending" status in about two hours after checkout. When I called her later that afternoon, she told me it may be overnight before the release would go through. The next day after it was not released I did some research and found that Amanda had not initiated the action needed from the hotel to release the funds. She clearly needs to be at a job where she's not involved with the handling of other people’s money. Felicia got things corrected the next day and I want to thank her for the positive attitude she demonstrated. Diane and Amanda have something in common; dealing with them made me feel as though I had been through the "House of Smoke and Mirrors" at the circus. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone until there is a positive management change.
Steve Styons
Wendell, NC

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank sstyons
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel is located on the way to Outer Banks. Location is good with Bojangles at walking distance.Front desk staff assisted me with the town details and best eating places.In a small town our stay was made very comfortable by customer friendly staff.Rooms were clean and breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are more safe and secured
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jim D
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Wireless internet connection was sporadic - the worst I've experienced at a Holiday Inn Express.
The first floor has doors to the parking lot which compounds the noise. There was a lot of slamming doors from people going to the pool or to smoke.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Rooms are old - hooks in bathroom falling off. Fairly clean rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BMWMinneapolis
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My wife and I stop in Plymouth at least twice a year. Generally on our way to the beach. The Holiday Inn Express is a perfect location when traveling to the Outer Banks. Its about 2 hours from the beach, so we stop for a rest, and continue our trip in the morning.The staff is very friendly.They always offer us a snack at check in. We enjoy sitting on the balcony they have overlooking the pool. We always bring our dog and this hotel is non smoking and pet friendly. The grounds of the hotel are great for walking the dog. There is even a pond on sight.
Great service,Great location, and a wonderful breakfast .

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Williamston
Econo Lodge Williamston
#3 of 6 in Williamston
Holiday Inn Express Williamston

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!