“My favorite breakfast spot in Pittsboro”
Review of Virlie's Grill

Virlie's Grill
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Pittsboro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“My favorite breakfast spot in Pittsboro”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Virlie's is a fun place to have a good breakfast and also run into some of your friends in town. It's very much a locals place. I eat here at least once every two weeks. Some people in town eat here daily.

They have a good hot breakast for less than $6. Service is good.

They offer pancakes, waffles, omelettes and several egg dishes. I always have eggs, bacon, toast and hash browns. They serve shredded hash browns. Their biscuits are good and so is the gravy. They also serve my favorite sugar-free syrup, Smuckers. It's hard to find.

They have a few tables where you can watch the people walk by on the main street through Pittsboro.

Not sure about weekdays, but on weekends they serve breakfast until around 11 or 11:30 am.

• Visited August 2014

“Great breakfast good!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are locals and really enjoy the breakfast here. Very consistent and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend checking this place out for a nice breakfast sure to please your taste.

Cary, North Carolina
“Hidden treasure that the locals know about!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

It has been word of mouth by the locals and I just heard about it 2 weeks ago. Probably ranks as the best breakfast and the best price that I have seen. They are known for their Friday Night Grill-out. They wheel the grills outside and grill steaks, salmon steaks, and chicken. The price beats anything I have seen. I haven't tried the Friday night Grill but that is what most people rave about. I ate breakfast there today and I never give breakfast above a 3-star but today it was 5-star! It is located on Hillsboro Street just above the rotary with the town hall in the middle.

• Visited May 2014
North Carolina
“Good food, but...”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The food at Virlie's is good quality diner food. The staff are friendly, but always seem rushed. I'd go more often, but the place always has this really old building moldy smell to me. Not what I want to smell while eating. Too bad too because they make a really good burger.

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friday night steak night”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Friday night steak night....where can you go to a homey, casual place to have a filet cooked the way you want,add a loaded baked potato along with a soup or salad and some Texas toast, with a nice cold beer for a $20.00 bill?..nowhere.best place for steaks in the area by far.

• Visited February 2014