“Wonderfully romantic and peaceful place to relax”

Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Pittsboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I first want to comment on the person who wrote from Vienna, VA. I am from the same area and people here can be very snooty. Really, no small glasses...big deal. And the breakfast was delicious when I was there. I don't know who cooked their breakfast, but Ginna did a wonderful job with ours (and I was picky because I was pregnant). I still want to know where to get the sweet potato pancakes.

My husband and i had gone to the B&B for a romantic getaway before our 2nd child was born. It was just the quiet place I needed. We were in the Retreat room. We had a gas fireplace and a wonderful jacuzzi tub. I usually don't get in tubs in a hotel, but the entire room was very clean. I could tell someone really spent the time for me to be comfortable. I slept so good that night too. Once again, I was pregnant and not sleeping well at the time. But, our bed was very cozy. I also liked the fact that I could get tea anytime I wanted and they had bottled water as well. I really had a fun time in Pittsboro, relaxing at the B&B and walking around the streets with little shops. I am pregnant with my 3rd child and plan on staying there again sometime soon.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kwatson57

Reviewed May 10, 2010

We felt so comfortable at Rosemary House. The rooms are beautiful and the food was delicious.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2010

We visited the area to see friends at UNC and Duke. The B&B is about 20min from Chapel Hill (UNC) and about 30 min from Durham (Duke) so for us, this location was great. Pittsboro is charming the B&B is located in the center of town, across the street from the General Store and around the corner from a cute soda shop.

We arrived and were greeted by the inn keeper. We stayed in Retreat, which faces the back yard. It was very comfortable, well decorated, and quiet. We enjoyed the coffee, tea and cookies that were available. The bed was comfortable and we didn't hear the other guests at all. In the morning we had a fantastic breakfast of eggs benedict, fruit, and muffins. The following morning, breakfast was waffles with berries. It was all freshly prepared and delicous. We enjoyed everything about our stay and want to say thank you to the Rosemary House Staff for making our trip so nice!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Rosemary House while visiting family in Pittsboro and we absolutely loved it. The innkeeper was very accomodating - I have a food allergy and she made sure that every need was taken care of in that regards. Our room was sweet and cozy and there were plenty of amenities - wireless, a jet-bubble tub, and plenty of other nice little touches that made us feel wanted.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I stayed at Rosemary house for a little over two weeks and from the first moment felt right at home. The owner and staff went out of their way to make my stay one of the best I've had in this country or any other. In fact I found myself comparing it to many of the B&Bs I have stayed at in Ireland. Add that to the country charm and layed back atmosphere of the town and you will find this little haven a great place to stay as well.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2010

We were traveling from the west coast and came in late and Ginna was up to welcome us and helped us get settled in. We had the Retreat room, with a gas fireplace that automatically made the room romantic. After a great nights sleep (mattresses super comfy!) we went to the dining room to serve yourself coffee and cookies. Breakfast was sweet potato pancakes, fruit and a spinach omelet. We really appreciated how healthy and filling the breakfast was. That night we had dinner across the street at the general store, a really cool and artsy place. Pittsboro is a quaint town and about 15 miles from Chapel Hill, my alma mater. Overall a comfortable and romantic stay, we will be back!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annandjason
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Stayed one night a few weeks ago in "Haven" room. Welcoming arrival, nice and clean room with gas fireplace and very spacious bathroom with (very very noisy) hydro-massage. The bed was very very comfortable and we loved it. The TV was small and "mis-placed" in a position such that the foot of the bed was between us and the screen. Having a DVD player would have been nice. The B&B has lots and lots of teas and herbal teas that you can always use for free. The breakfast was disappointing, just a (very) small cup of fruit salad and a so-so quiche with corn muffins. Very little variety and overall so-so quality.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!