Hotwire.com
All reviewsgas fireplacecookiesretreat roomb bsnight managerbreakfast was excellentcomfortable roomsprivacy
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Came here for a quick get-a-way for one night. Different set up from most B&Bs, as the owners are not on site, and they have a Night Manager (Danielle) and Debbie (who cooks breakfast and is there during the day).

The room (Retreat Room) was very nice, and in my opinion seems like the biggest room, and has the most privacy. It has a conversational sofa, TV and gas fireplace. However, we were there on a cold night in April and it seems the fireplace did not work. Night Manager did not know anything about if it was "broken" or just turned off for the season. Either way the room was a bit cold, and she did turn up heat (small amount, but it was still cold). We could have bothered her again, but we did not want to pester her.

Bathroom was very nice, however, as stated in other reviews, the shower is on small side. Jacuzzi tub was very nice and they do provide bath salts.

Breakfast was tasty, but awkward. Debbie just did not seem personable to us. Not that she was rude in any way, but it was like we were not felt welcome in some way. Again, not sure what it was.

Mixed fruit (simple but OK) and Eggs Benedict (plated nicely with asparagus). The website states you will not leave hungry, but to be honest I was expecting something more. Either another course of a carbohydrate (pancake/waffle) or a side of a vegetarian protein of some sort. Not that I was starving, but I would have like a bit more. As we were leaving the table, two others was halfway done with their breakfast and Debbie offered them seconds on the Eggs. I did not know that was an option, because I absolutely would have taken her up on seconds.

For the price I paid, I will look elsewhere, but I am glad I stayed here.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

Sweet, charming, and comfortable place to stay. Our room was large with attached sitting room and private bathroom. Had an antique wardrobe for hanging clothes, iron frame bed with the softest sheets, whitewashed antique furnishings and wicker chair plus area rug on beautiful old wood floors.

Herbal teas and hot cocoa were available making for a comfortable evening as we relaxed.

Breakfast was amazing and delicious. Debbie was so pleasant to visit with and told us a little about the house.

Highly recommend this B&B!!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank JSandTS
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for a well-maintained and appointed, friendly and relaxing bed & breakfast near Chapel Hill, look no further than Rosemary House. We have family in the area and have stayed there several times. The rooms have all the comforts of home--TV, free WiFi, and impressive bathrooms. A highlight is the free breakfast, cooked on site and served with a smile. The food is heathy and delicious, and it seems to keep on coming! The cookie jar is always full of homemade treats as well.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2016

Charming B&B just a short walk from downtown Pittsboro. Our room was very comfortable and we especially appreciated the small fridge in the foyer; filled with bottled water for our use. Breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2016

My mother and I enjoyed staying in the willow room at the Rosemary B&B. It's close to shops and restaurants in Pittsboro and isn't far from a variety of sights/activities in the Chapel Hill/Durham area. Everyone was so friendly and helpful with questions we had. The room and beds were very comfortable and the breakfasts were delicious. The large front porch, patio area out back and parlor were available for resting, reading or visiting with others. Coffee, tea, bottled water and cookies were always available. This is a wonderful B&B to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family