“Lovely retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsboro
Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Pittsboro B&B and Inns
Warren
“Lovely retreat”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Traveling to Pittsboro, NC for a family funeral, we found the Rosemary House a lovely retreat from the sadness of the occasion. We took two rooms and found the furnishings and amenities lovely. The presentation at Breakfast was a gastronomic delight. Nothing was overlooked and a request for chocolate chip cookies was furnished within hours. I would highly recommend a stay at the Rosemary House if you are in the Pittsboro/Sanford area.

Room Tip: The rooms we stayed in had a lovely gas fireplace.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I live in Florida and wanted to do something unusual (for us) for a short getaway. We drove up to Pittsboro to visit an old friend of mine and stayed at this B&B that she recommended. It was unusually cold so we opted for the room upstairs with the fireplace. The room was sooo cozy! The bed was comfortable, the room spacious, and they furnish everything. The day and night managers were very accommodating. It was the best R&R vaca. The little town is friendly and there's restaurants close by. I would love to return in the spring or summer when the flowers are in bloom!

Room Tip: upstairs corner room with a fireplace for winter ambiance!
1 Thank L G
Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I came to the Rosemary House B&B for a quiet get away. It was clean, comfortable and well run. I slept very peacefully and was well rested when I left. The breakfast was excellent! The Rosemary B&B was centrally located in Pittsboro. I would be happy to return.

Room Tip: Ask for the "Haven" room. It's the best in the house.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbieshofner
Santa Rosa
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed here for an early Valentines Day getaway.
What a lovely place! It just couldn't have been nicer.

Super comfortable bed, linens all divine. The modern bathroom was luxurious. Breakfasts were tasty and the afternoon tea was really something special for us. Owners thought of everything to make it comfortable and pretty. The house is furnished with antiques, all quaint and beautiful. Professionally trained staff who seem to enjoy their jobs. All vegetarian. I give Rosemary House an A+

1 Thank GretchenSantaRosa
Daufuskie Island, South Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We are always happy to stay at Rosemary House. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated and the food is delicious. Debbie the manager was very nice. We got to meet Laura the night manager who was delightful. It is our go-to place when we go to or through Pittsboro!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were set to take a class in Pittsboro for Valentine's day, but after the class was cancelled due to weather, we asked to cancel or reschedule our stay at Rosemary House. The owner, via the night innkeeper, told us that since the cancellation was within one week we would still be charged for the full amount but would be credited half of the cost toward another night. While I understand the policy, My wife and others that I have told about this agree that perhaps the management could be more understanding, but alas, a contract is a contract. I definitely would not give another dime to a business that would be so inflexible. That being said, we booked "Haven", supposedly the "nicest room in the house". It was quaint, decoration was nice. Murals were pretty. It was a shame that some of the updates of the house did not carry over much of the historical charm.

NOISE. We heard every word that was spoken by the night innkeeper whose apartment was next door. She spoke very loudly on the phone and some of the conversations seemed heated. Every footstep was heard in the room above as well as every creak with 'valentine's festivities', if you get my meaning. We own and live in an old house with an attic that has been converted to an apartment, so our expectations for silence in a turn of the century property are low. This noise in the "Haven" room was exuberant and anything but relaxing. The stairway directly behind the wall adjacent to the bed was very noisy, especially with someone running up and down it before 8am.

Bathroom was nice. Did not try the hot tub so cannot speak to that. Bed was very soft and springy.

Breakfast was vegetarian with faux sausage. Not astounding but adequate. Debbie was very nice. Cookies were good.

We have stayed at a multitude of B&Bs on three continents and for $192 (incl. tax) this was inadequate. I was definitely not rested nor relaxed after staying here. I will not stay here again and if and when we reschedule our class in the area we will be seeking another B&B. I do not agree with the wording "poor" but I also would not rate this property as average compared to other B&Bs we have experienced.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Haven. It is anything but. Very loud upstairs and the stairway directly behind the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
rosemarybb, Owner at Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always useful to receive specific suggestions for ways we can improve the guest experience. I didn't know the night manager's voice could be heard in the Haven room, so we will certainly be able to fix that. Everyone hates paying cancellation fees and I hate to charge them which is why I offered half back as a credit toward a future stay, but I will take another look at that policy. I appreciate knowing that you liked our cookies!
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Ok place for the price; not fancy buy clean and comfortable with good reading lights., town closed
Down on a Monday! I think it would exceptionally pretty summer and when local,shops are open. Sone very nice places to eat in town, most also closed Monday.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsboro
Days Inn & Suites Siler City
The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection
The Franklin
The Franklin
#4 of 17 in Chapel Hill

Been to Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!