“A cozy spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsboro
Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 4 Pittsboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We have stayed at Rosemary House in Pittsboro, NC five years in a row on our way to FL from PA. It's a very pleasant B&B across from a serviceable restaurant. There are 5 rooms, 1 downstairs and 4 upstairs. Because RH is on a busy street, we would recommend a room at he back of the Inn, either the Willow Room (2 beds), or the Meadow Room. Otherwise, truck traffic will awake you at 5AM if not earlier.

The common room is a small but pleasant room on the first floor with comfortable seating, good light, and two large bookcases full of interesting, or at least eclectic, books. SInce we were the only guests at the inn on all 5 occasions, we found the sitting room to be entirely satisfactory, but it might be a mite crowded with a full house.

There is also a single portion coffee maker in the hall upstairs along with a fridge full of bottled water.

Debbie is the Inn Mgr. and cook, who is very accomodating and very hospitable. The breakfasts are vegetarian but very good starting with juice, a fresh fruit compote with yogurt and granola, and a hearty breakfast that could be eggs, grits, pancakes, eggs Benedict, and a "sausage" patty. Certainly more than adequate, especially if you will be sitting in a car for the next 8 hours.

In short, a nice place to stay, especially after 10 hours sitting in a car.

Room Tip: Meadow Room; Willow Room -- both in back of the Inn
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Newlinview
There are newer reviews for Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The owner was nice enough to extend our Living Social deal for an extra month. Comfortable lodging and right in town which is located near Chapel Hill, Sanford, Raleigh, etc. We recommend the Pittsboro RoadHouse (right across the street) for lunch or dinner and definitely try the Buffalo Meatloaf.

Room Tip: Any are fine, even lower priced ones. Owner is vegetarian so unfortunately so will you during your s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Rosemary House is a historic home in quaint Pittsboro. I was visiting friends in the area for a short stay and they recommended this B&B. they always recommend it to visiting family and friends and everyone has always been pleased with their stay. I was very comfortable in the Holly Room, which was inviting and nicely decorated. It was plenty warm and the bed was great. I met Karen, the owner and she was very welcoming. I also met the day manager, who was helpful in suggesting some local stores and shops to keep me occupied in exploring during my downtime. She made me a tasty big breakfast each morning and was sweet to always accommodate my habit of rising late. I enjoyed the town of Pittsboro, which is about 20 minutes south of Chapel Hill and about 30 minutes west of Raleigh.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I see lots of good reviews for this place so I must have been there on an off weekend or in a parallel universe because my experience was bad. I really wanted to enjoy it and tried so hard to make it work but in the end it was disappointing and we left one night early. It was a girls weekend to tour the wineries in the area. I arrived after dark and neither the porch light nor the light for the sign were on so I drove around awhile before taking a chance that the dark house was my destination. I was told to drive around and park in back however I couldn't find any entrance so came back to the front and was given more instructions on how to find the back. The room was clean if dated. The breakfasts were really bad. We never saw the owners nor the day manager. The night manager was very pleasant however and helpful. We tried two local restaurants recommended in the write up in our room and nothing spectacular to report from either. One of them we spent over $100 on two appetisers, a cup of soup and two drinks. We sent back our fish because it was raw and we left hungry. Needless to say we will not be back. This may be a great place to stay if you have to be in Pittsboro overnight but definitely not a destination.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TeresainVA
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay this past Saturday night at the Rosemary House and the location was perfect due to the wedding we attended at Fearrington, which was just 10 minutes away. Jessica was wonderful and very welcoming, but also gave us space to get situated.

Breakfast was prompt based on the time we told Jessica we would like to eat the following morning and included a well-balanced meal. The temperature of the house must depend on which room you stay in because, if anything, our room was too warm! We also had a wardrobe in our room which was convenient for our formal clothes we brought for the wedding. The bed was comfortable and the shower was nice, which is crucial!

The large bathroom was clean upon arrival and I am very picky about that.

I hope to be able to come back in the Spring or Summer because the large front porch is beautiful and I was not able to take advantage of some of the cute antique shops in Pittsboro within walking distance of the B&B since we departed Sunday morning. I would definitely recommend this location to a friend.

Room Tip: Haven room on main floor has fireplace!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed with another couple for two nights while attending a wedding in nearby Chapel Hill. I could list many things but the most salient were the room was cold, the bath room colder. No dresser and very little space in an otherwise large bathroom to place things. The food was average at best with little flair or presentation interest. The owner is very hands off, leaving the day to day operations to a nice but rather ineffective lady. We would seek another venue when in this area again. Too bad as the home is nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelers31024
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I agree with some of the other reviewers that the rosemary house is clean and historic. The bed was very comfortable as well . We stayed 2 nights and the breakfast each day was mediocre at best. We stayed in the suite where there was a hide a bed in a room so narrow that the hide a bed didn't fold all the way flat. We had trouble getting many stations on the TV so all in all I would say it was disappointing.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsboro
The Carolina Inn
#1 of 1 in Chapel Hill
The Fearrington House Inn
The Fearrington House Inn
#1 of 4 in Pittsboro

Been to Rosemary House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!